Wikiposts

needing clarification

Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:35 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: needing clarification

[QUOTE=meauxna;5180390]
Originally Posted by antrichard
well someone replied earlier to my question saying that once the petition has been accepted then she can go back to the US. But your saying she can leave once the petition has been sent. A little unclear on that one.
If your wife has lived in the UK for 6+ months as anything other than a tourist, and documents that per the checklist on the London website when submitting her I-130, there is no reason it should not be accepted.

Petitioner normally gets a postcard of receipt/acceptance of the I-130 within two weeks or less of mailing it.
You will also have confirmation of acceptance when they take your payment.

I don't know how fine the Missus is planning on cutting it between mailing I-130--->leaving the UK...?

It is fine for you to put your intended address as Dodge City, Western State if that is all you know.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

antrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really nice

[QUOTE=meauxna;5254694]
Originally Posted by meauxna

If your wife has lived in the UK for 6+ months as anything other than a tourist, and documents that per the checklist on the London website when submitting her I-130, there is no reason it should not be accepted.

Petitioner normally gets a postcard of receipt/acceptance of the I-130 within two weeks or less of mailing it.
You will also have confirmation of acceptance when they take your payment.

I don't know how fine the Missus is planning on cutting it between mailing I-130--->leaving the UK...?

It is fine for you to put your intended address as Dodge City, Western State if that is all you know.
you mention to fill out the 4 copies of the g325 but on the checklist for the petition it says only one form to be complete by the practitioner and one by the spouse. and then says do not send multiple copies(even though you might see instructions elswhere to do so) how do I reconcile this apparent contradiction. if it is all 4 does each one require a photo on it.

Also on the I130 and g325 where it asks for all other names used(including maiden names) does my wife put down her previous married name and also maiden name even though she no longer uses them on any of her official documents. I hear applications can become stuck when these things dont align .
lastly on the I130 checklist it says to put an email contact on the bottom of page 1 although looking at this page there appears no official box fo this. Does it just go on anyway next to the barcode at the bottom. Also with the G325 at the bottom in a heavy border it asks fot name and alien registration number. Do I leave this blank as I dont have one or do I put N/A in that space?
Old Aug 30th 2007, 4:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=antrichard;5255625]
you mention to fill out the 4 copies of the g325 but on the checklist for the petition it says only one form to be complete by the practitioner and one by the spouse. and then says do not send multiple copies(even though you might see instructions elswhere to do so) how do I reconcile this apparent contradiction. if it is all 4 does each one require a photo on it.
I don't know where you read that you need 4 G-325A's. It sounds from the checklist as if you only need 2...one from you and one from your wife. Each G-325A is 4 pages long (4 identical pages). You will do one 4-page G-325A for you, and your wife will do another 4-page G-325A.

Also on the I130 and g325 where it asks for all other names used(including maiden names) does my wife put down her previous married name and also maiden name even though she no longer uses them on any of her official documents.
Yes, she should put her maiden name and previous married name as names she has used.

Also with the G325 at the bottom in a heavy border it asks fot name and alien registration number. Do I leave this blank as I dont have one or do I put N/A in that space?
On the bottom of your G-325A, you will put your name, and write "none" where it asks for alien number. Your wife will put her name at the bottom of hers, and "none" where it asks for alien number.

Sorry I don't know where to put an email address on there.

Rene
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

antrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really nice

[QUOTE=Noorah101;5255656]
I don't know where you read that you need 4 G-325A's. It sounds from the checklist as if you only need 2...one from you and one from your wife. Each G-325A is 4 pages long (4 identical pages). You will do one 4-page G-325A for you, and your wife will do another 4-page G-325A.

Yes, she should put her maiden name and previous married name as names she has used.

On the bottom of your G-325A, you will put your name, and write "none" where it asks for alien number. Your wife will put her name at the bottom of hers, and "none" where it asks for alien number.

Sorry I don't know where to put an email address on there.

Rene
thanks for that. On the g325 form it asks for a file number. I dont think I would have one of them. Is my wifes on her naturalisation form.
Is the biographic data page on her passport the one at the back with her photo and details?
Also with address part for past 5 years there is not enough room. Would you do it on the back?
As far as filling in 1 sheet and photocopying the other 3 I notice at the bottom of each form it has a different number. ie one says (3) one says 1(ident). If I photocopy them they will all have the same number at the footnote, would this be a problem. Am I over analysing?
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:50 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The form is 4 pages. If you didn't d/l it and it arrived in the mail, it is 4 pages of pressurized paper connected at the top so that if you write on the first one, it appears on all the other 3 pages.

It is not rocket science.

[quote=antrichard;5255625]

Also on the I130 and g325 where it asks for all other names used(including maiden names) does my wife put down her previous married name and also maiden name even though she no longer uses them on any of her official documents. I hear applications can become stuck when these things dont align .
lastly on the I130 checklist it says to put an email contact on the bottom of page 1 although looking at this page there appears no official box fo this. Does it just go on anyway next to the barcode at the bottom. Also with the G325 at the bottom in a heavy border it asks fot name and alien registration number. Do I leave this blank as I dont have one or do I put N/A in that space?
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:54 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=antrichard;5255625]

Yes every name that you or she has been known by in the past. Some people include nicknames and online names.

Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=antrichard;5256535]
Originally Posted by Noorah101
thanks for that. On the g325 form it asks for a file number. I dont think I would have one of them. Is my wifes on her naturalisation form.
I didn't know your wife is a naturalized US citizen. In that case, she WILL have an alien number, and she should write it at the bottom of the G-325A. As for the file number, you're right, you don't have one.

Is the biographic data page on her passport the one at the back with her photo and details?
Usually it's in the front, but it's the one with photo and details, yes.

Also with address part for past 5 years there is not enough room. Would you do it on the back?
Don't use the back of the form. Use a separate sheet of paper, and reference the form number and question number, and say "continued".

As far as filling in 1 sheet and photocopying the other 3 I notice at the bottom of each form it has a different number. ie one says (3) one says 1(ident). If I photocopy them they will all have the same number at the footnote, would this be a problem. Am I over analysing?
Yes, you're over analyzing. But it's OK. Others have photocopied the first page and have been fine. If you prefer to handwrite all 4 pages separately, that's OK too.

Rene
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:31 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=antrichard;5255625]
you mention to fill out the 4 copies of the g325 but on the checklist for the petition it says only one form to be complete by the practitioner and one by the spouse.
I believe for a London filing, they only want the one, single sheet copy of G-325a from each person (petition + beneficiary).
Please don't make me look up the instructions too.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember correctly, the G-325a form we filled out a few years ago automatically filled in the info on the other 3 pages. I only had to type the info into the first page, and it automatically populated the same data onto the other 3 pages, instead of typing the same info 4 different times.

I would imagine that the revision on the uscis website would still have that capability.

Also, if your wife has been paying her taxes to the US, then she can always call the IRS and request tax transcripts for the last 3 years to be sent to her. This is a free service.

Good luck!

~Jamie
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
If I remember correctly, the G-325a form we filled out a few years ago automatically filled in the info on the other 3 pages. I only had to type the info into the first page, and it automatically populated the same data onto the other 3 pages, instead of typing the same info 4 different times.

I would imagine that the revision on the uscis website would still have that capability.
It does, but the OP printed the forms out at the library and is filling them all out by hand.

Rene
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It does, but the OP printed the forms out at the library and is filling them all out by hand.

Rene
Ok is there any one who can confirm that for a London filing only one sheet of the G325A is required. Also my wife is a naturalised citizen, where would she find her alien registration number if she hasnt kept her green card?

With the adresses it requests a physical address and not a mailing address on the London filing checklist. I could be moving to a new address after I have sent the petition and am not sure what that will be yet. What to do? Do I put my parents address?
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:20 am

Ok is there any one who can confirm that for a London filing only one sheet of the G325A is required. Also my wife is a naturalised citizen, where would she find her alien registration number if she hasnt kept her green card?

With the adresses it requests a physical address and not a mailing address on the London filing checklist. I could be moving to a new address after I have sent the petition and am not sure what that will be yet. What to do? Do I put my parents address?
Ant, as politely as possible, which part of London's specific instructions, from their website, which I looked up the link and gave to you earlier, is not clear?

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dhs/form...for_spouse.pdf
G-325A (Biographic Information):
Only one form to be completed by the petitioner and one form by his/her spouse. Do not submit multiple copies (even though you might see instructions elsewhere to do so).

That's all I can give you. Other people posting tipped me to the fact that London only wants the one page per person. The worst case would be that they contact you and ask for more pages if they want them (which they won't, because this form is nearly obsolete --see posts by Folinskyinla in this forum-- AND because you're filing it overseas where the multiple pages are NOT going to multiple departments).
Relax.

Your wife's A# should be on her Natz certificate.

Answer the questions on the form in real time. Where are you physically NOW.
Use a stable mailing address.
Remember that it is the US CITIZEN who is completing I-130.
Relax.

I'm going on vacation.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:47 am
Concierge

She is not allowed to retain her green card when naturalizing. It is taken from you.

Her a-number is on her naturalization certificate.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:49 am
Concierge

With all due respect, might I suggest that the OP retain the services of an immigration attorney for the completion and filing of the immigration forms. You appear to have many many questions and many many doubts and for some people it is to their advantage to have an immigration attorney handle their immigration process for them. Just a suggestion.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 7:06 am
Just Joined

Ant, as politely as possible, which part of London's specific instructions, from their website, which I looked up the link and gave to you earlier, is not clear?

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dhs/form...for_spouse.pdf
G-325A (Biographic Information):
Only one form to be completed by the petitioner and one form by his/her spouse. Do not submit multiple copies (even though you might see instructions elsewhere to do so).

That's all I can give you. Other people posting tipped me to the fact that London only wants the one page per person. The worst case would be that they contact you and ask for more pages if they want them (which they won't, because this form is nearly obsolete --see posts by Folinskyinla in this forum-- AND because you're filing it overseas where the multiple pages are NOT going to multiple departments).
Relax.

Your wife's A# should be on her Natz certificate.

Answer the questions on the form in real time. Where are you physically NOW.
Use a stable mailing address.
Remember that it is the US CITIZEN who is completing I-130.
Relax.

I'm going on vacation.
yes your right, the wording is very clear. I guess I struggle when I see 3 diiferent opinions, trying to discriminate the truth. .But hey before you pack your suitcase, could you clarify the last bit. When I send out the petition they will need to send something back to me. Where will they mail it? It doesnt ask for a mailing address and a physical address, just a physical address. So if I put my current real time address, this may not be the same one in 1 month when they need to send stuff to me.

IS the file number on the G325A the same as the alien number?

Ok quick get that plane before my crazy mind throws another question your way!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.