Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Needed from Joint Sponsor? Got LND Number (Yay).

Needed from Joint Sponsor? Got LND Number (Yay).

Old Oct 6th 2014, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

WriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond repute
Question Needed from Joint Sponsor? Got LND Number (Yay).

We got our LND number today! And we have the clear police certificate.

So, we are about to book the Medical, and do the DS-260. And then the Complete Applicant Readiness Form. I already ordered my last three years tax transcripts today. I know that I fill out the I-186, and so does the Joint Sponsor.

I will be quitting my job, and my husband will be closing his company, and we are in the middle of selling our UK house, and we can show that we are preparing with the vet to bring our cats over, and we will have a lease in the USA, and I still have a bank account there... and I will have proof of all of it... For domicile.

Before we do all that, I want to collect ALL that we need from out Joint Sponsor!

According to my understanding, this is what is Needed from the Joint Sponsor:

1. A completed I-186 form
2. Copy of his American passport
3. Three or four months of current pay stubs (or printouts if online)
4. Letter from employer stating 'employed'
5. Three years of tax return transcripts

But then I have these notes I've taken along the way, which are sort of confusing me:

W2 forms etc - If you have transcripts of his tax returns, you don't need anything else. If, however, you have copies of his tax returns, you must also have his W2's and any schedules he filed as part of those returns. You must have his complete tax returns - everything that he submitted to the IRS... not just the 1040's. Official IRS transcripts.

So, we need Official Transcripts, not copies, and he can order them from the IRS, correct?

Am I missing anything?!?!!?

Thank you all very much in advance!!! You have all helped me sooooo much!!!
W.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

davejenk477 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Needed from Joint Sponsor? Got LND Number (Yay).

You need either official transcripts or photocopies of the tax returns with the W2 forms included
Old Oct 6th 2014, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WriterChick
If you have transcripts of his tax returns, you don't need anything else.
This is correct - and since you can't get transcripts from any place other than the IRS, they are official transcripts. Don't be confused when you receive them and they look like they were printed out on a old dot-matrix printer... those are the official transcripts.

Ian
Old Oct 7th 2014, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

WriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Ian and Dave!!!

Ian... Me? Don't be... Confused? Ha! I've obviously successfully hidden from all of you the fact that I can complicate the opening of a box of cereal... LOL!

I just keep thinking every step is much harder than it has been... I'm convinced there is a trick or a hoop to jump through that I'm missing.

I have UKBA-PTSD from my ILR. My ILR was much harder than this has been... But, hey, it ain't over yet, right?!

Thank you Ian, because that WOULD have confused me! I was expecting something with some sort of official raised stamp and a signature from the treasurer of the USA, or maybe the president... I'm not kidding.

It is awesome of you to mention that now, before I even get it, and you saved me a panic attack. Thank you!

xoxxoxoxoxoxooxoxxxoox!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 8th 2014, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

lander91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just reading the I-864 instructions yet again, and having a heart attack... I missed the part where joint sponsors need to provide proof of citizenship too. Is a photocopy of their birth certificate sufficient (I can get this from my Mum) or does it need to be the original? Our joint sponsor is currently on a hiking trip in Europe and I have no idea if they have access to a scanner to send us their passport photo page.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 7:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

A copy of his birth certificate will be fine.

Rene