Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

In Need of a Waiver? Today's Column

Wikiposts

In Need of a Waiver? Today's Column

Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default In Need of a Waiver? Today's Column

in the New York Daily News by Allen Wernick has some good advice.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ng_to_fly.html
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:31 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In Need of a Waiver? Today's Column

Originally Posted by Rete
in the New York Daily News by Allen Wernick has some good advice.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ng_to_fly.html
Hi:

I know Allen personally and he is good. However, my first reading spotted what I thought was an error -- knowing that Allen knows his stuff, I looked it up -- section 212(i) of the Immigration & Nationality Act -- extreme hardship has to be shown. However, "extreme hardship" is easier to prove than "exceptional and extremely unusual hardship" standard found elsewhere in the Act. The case law on this is complicated and it needs a lawyer experienced in waivers.

Filling out the forms won't do it here.

BTW, I am assuming the fact situation in the article did not involve use of someone else's UNITED STATES passport. If so, they NEVER get a green card.