Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Need to vent about NOA1

Wikiposts

Need to vent about NOA1

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough
Default Need to vent about NOA1

OK, I really need to vent/whine/grumble.

Found out from my secretary in the US that our NOA1 (for the I-130) came last Tuesday (Nov. 24th). Which of course we desperately need to file the I-129f!!

She said in her email that she'd already sent it off to me in Ireland (I'm here with my husband) which would be great except that she said she sent it regular airmail instead of Federal Express (which is what I told her to do) because the postal worker told her it would only take 4 days.

So now I spend the morning freaking out until the mail comes, and of course it hasn't come yet. So we can't file yet (but everything is ready to go the minute that letter arrives...)

Everyone says "oh, it's only another two weeks!" which is how long the mail is from the US to Ireland, but two weeks is a long time!!!!!

OK, that's my rant. None of my friends understand how anxious I am...
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to vent about NOA1

I'm wondering why you told your secretary to dispatch the original to you via fedex anyway. You are not going to be sending the original. Why didn't you just tell her to fax or scan mail you a copy of the original for your application. And are you really going to be mailing it from Ireland and not the US? There was no one in the US that you couldn't trust to stick a copy in the prepared envelope and to take it to the PO for you?

Shame you couldn't postpone your trip until after the receipt arrived. It will get there soon. Only takes 5 days for my mail from NY to get to Germany via air mail.

Best wishes

Rete

Originally posted by Buendia

Found out from my secretary in the US that our NOA1 (for the I-130) came last Tuesday (Nov. 24th). Which of course we desperately need to file the I-129f!!

She said in her email that she'd already sent it off to me in Ireland (I'm here with my husband) which would be great except that she said she sent it regular airmail instead of Federal Express (which is what I told her to do) because the postal worker told her it would only take 4 days.

So now I spend the morning freaking out until the mail comes, and of course it hasn't come yet. So we can't file yet (but everything is ready to go the minute that letter arrives...)

Everyone says "oh, it's only another two weeks!" which is how long the mail is from the US to Ireland, but two weeks is a long time!!!!!

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 5:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

That's ok, Buendia, we all understand how you feel. Hope you receive it soon! :-)

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 5:05 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

To add to Rete's comment -- did you instruct your secretary to make a COPY of the I-797? If he made that copy, then you are OK.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

I know... I feel so stupid. I actually asked her to email me when the letter arrived so we could discuss what was inside and she could fax me the relevant paperwork, make copies, etc. She was trying to be efficient by getting it out in the post before we talked.

I'm not even expecting to see anything before next week... I guess I just have to be patient.

But it's nice to share this ridiculous story with people who understand...
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 11:45 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

All the way through the process of applying for our K1 visa we have been frustrated by one thing or another.
It goes with the territory sadly.

This has to have been the single most annoying thing I have ever endured in my life, but it has taught me a lot of things including patience, humility and the fact that $20 spent with Fed-Ex is better than $2 spent with the USPS.

We have all raved and let loose our frustrations on here so join the club, but at the same time don't lose the faith. It will happen eventually and all of this will just be something you look back on and laugh (thats what I tell myself anyway)
Old Dec 4th 2003, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by CharlieS
All the way through the process of applying for our K1 visa we have been frustrated by one thing or another.
It goes with the territory sadly.

This has to have been the single most annoying thing I have ever endured in my life, but it has taught me a lot of things including patience, humility and the fact that $20 spent with Fed-Ex is better than $2 spent with the USPS.

We have all raved and let loose our frustrations on here so join the club, but at the same time don't lose the faith. It will happen eventually and all of this will just be something you look back on and laugh (thats what I tell myself anyway)
I feel much better.
At least I'm here in Dublin, with my husband. We're going out to dinner and we're not thinking about this until next week!
Old Dec 4th 2003, 4:00 am
Danny Davis

Just to let you know I did it. It is a long emotional roller coaster and I
don't like roller coasters. At the first interview they rejected my fiancé's
paperwork because of a mistake her home town police department made. They
printed her police record for maiden & married name on the same sheet of
paper. They wanted two sheets. It didn't matter that the info was the same.
Assholes! Two months later she got her visa no problem.

We have been married for 1 yr and 7 months. I can say now that every
frustration, curse word utterance, heartsick rant on this NG was worth it.
My wife is the most wonderful, most beautiful, most loyal creature God ever
created. (or at least that is how I feel) The K-1 process is long over but
I still have the memories of all those sweet letters and phone calls. At
least in my case "Absence makes the heart grow fonder". I could go on
forever with this but I'll stop here, because now I am going to go Kiss my
wife and tell her how beautiful she is.

Good Luck and God Bless,
Dan Davis
"Buendia" <member17013@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I know... I feel so stupid. I actually asked her to email me when the
    > letter arrived so we could discuss what was inside and she could fax me
    > the relevant paperwork, make copies, etc. She was trying to be
    > efficient by getting it out in the post before we talked.
    > I'm not even expecting to see anything before next week... I guess I
    > just have to be patient.
    > But it's nice to share this ridiculous story with people who
    > understand...
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com