Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Need suggestion for K1 Interview 16yrs age Diff.

Wikiposts

Need suggestion for K1 Interview 16yrs age Diff.

Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:36 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need suggestion for K1 Interview 16yrs age Diff.

Originally Posted by Katikati
Can someone please explain how age would be a factor in how genuine a marriage is?
Most likely because they have years of records of how fraudulent operators work..and perhaps large differential in ages is one of the indictators..and in the case you mention even I, who have no knowledge of such fraud would be intitially suspicious...
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:49 am
Banned

Katikati will become famous soon enoughKatikati will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your answer.

OK in a case of age difference, whats the assumption? That the younger person is taking advantage of the older one or the other way round? How would your answer change if you know that the person you presume to be the fraudulent one is the USC?

If this issue of age is such a biggie, why dont they put it out there instead of having unwritten rules being applied?

===============================

Originally Posted by Ray
Most likely because they have years of records of how fraudulent operators work..and perhaps large differential in ages is one of the indictators..and in the case you mention even I, who have no knowledge of such fraud would be intitially suspicious...
Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:03 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your answer.

OK in a case of age difference, whats the assumption? That the younger person is taking advantage of the older one or the other way round? How would your answer change if you know that the person you presume to be the fraudulent one is the USC?
If this issue of age is such a biggie, why dont they put it out there instead of having unwritten rules being applied?
It could be either way I suppose..people have different reason for that scenario.. In the case you mention .. a lot would depend on the non US citizen country of origin .. if it was a very poor country it may be presumed
the intent was to be an economic migrant ..
In your scenario ..it never seems to be the case that the US citizens moves to that person country ..Although I have to assume it has happened.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:01 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

OK in a case of age difference, whats the assumption? That the younger person is taking advantage of the older one or the other way round?
Generally, I think the assumption is that the non-USC is taking advantage of the USC and it doesn't really matter which one is older.

Ian
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

psychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Generally, I think the assumption is that the non-USC is taking advantage of the USC and it doesn't really matter which one is older.

Ian
I think it most people would tend to view it as suspicious when the
non-USC is the one who is much younger, whether male or female. However,
when the immigration factor is taken out of the equation, it certainly holds
true that society in general tends to be accepting of an older man-younger woman couple. I would think it would be even more complicated when you add differences in race or religion to either situation.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 4:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenneyaz
Rene - I have seen your discussion earlier, and it gave me cofidence to attend the interview . I like suggestions also that will it affect consular if helen also attend the interview with me, and how can I make the sure in advance that embassy people let helen enter inside at the time of interview ?
By requesintg through email ??
Hi Bobby,

My personal opinion is that it's beneficial to have the USC also attend the visa interview, if allowed. Send an email to the consulate and ask them if they allow the USC to attend. In our case, in Turkey, I believe me being there made a world of difference - they could see that my fiance and I interact comfortably in person, and mostly that we could communicate easily in his native language, since he didn't speak English. Besides the immigration aspect of it, the visa interview is a milestone in your relationship, and if at all possible it's nice to share that day together.

I'm glad my postings have helped you.

Rene
Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

I think anything that seems unusual can be a suspicion-raising factor -- indeed, in countries where there is a high incentive to immigrate, I guess everyone and everything is suspicious. So in my under-educated opinion I think the difference in attractiveness level is another major factor, in addition to age. Not that I know any consular officers, but I imagine what goes on in their heads is similar to what goes on in my head when I see, for example, someone like Donald Trump marry someone like Marla Maples.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:50 am
Banned

Your right, dont even go there!

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, period!

I see people who in my opinion should not have spouses they have, but they are happily married!

=======================

Originally Posted by hcj1440
I think anything that seems unusual can be a suspicion-raising factor -- indeed, in countries where there is a high incentive to immigrate, I guess everyone and everything is suspicious. So in my under-educated opinion I think the difference in attractiveness level is another major factor, in addition to age. Not that I know any consular officers, but I imagine what goes on in their heads is similar to what goes on in my head when I see, for example, someone like Donald Trump marry someone like Marla Maples.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:38 am
Just Joined

helenneyaz will become famous soon enoughhelenneyaz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian

Ian- In my case , If I ever wanted just to enter US, I could have done it earlier, as I have had a H1-B visa from a US company which was valid from November 2000 till September 2003 . Unfortunately , that company business went down, and they were not able to call me and few other engineers on those initial few months, but that company said us that I want , I can come there in thier H1-B visa and search for other jobs, few of engineers went, but I never went as I thought its not right to do like this way .

I have started talking my Finacee in July 2003, before 3 months of expiring my H1-B visa.
So not all non-USC are looking for economic side of US and top of that I earn here handsomely .

Its just I Love my finacee helen so much, that I almost forget our age diffence long back. LOVE IS BLIND
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:40 am
Banned

Has anyone ever been denied AOS or visa for having a large age differential with their spouse?

Is that not profiling?

==================================

Originally Posted by hcj1440
Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did actually once see mention of a USC female petion for a male from the Phillipines, but I am sort of guessing it was a red letter day at the Embassy.

It all depends what is the norm, in the Phillipines case if its not a USC Male 20ish years older, then that is out of the norm.

Religous/Social factors also come into play, if it is completely counter your culture then that would raise flags as well.

I can not imagine that 'age' would be the sole reason given.

But it is obviously an issue that raises suspicion and one you need to be prepared to address.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 9:33 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Katikati,

Denied for a large age difference, no. Denied for something that a large age difference is one possible indicator of, yes.

Yes, probing when a large age difference exists in regions where large age differences are way out of the norm can be called profiling. Quite acceptable in this context, even if not acceptable here in the USA.

Regards, JEff

Has anyone ever been denied AOS or visa for having a large age differential with their spouse?

Is that not profiling?

==================================
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:42 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Is that not profiling?
Since when does the USCIS have anything against profiling?

Marnee
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:51 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

I see people who in my opinion should not have spouses they have, but they are happily married!
What exactly do you mean by that comment?

Marnee
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Retire to Italy
They will also look into means I believe such as is eitherof you very
rich ? and if so they will double check everything as they might assume
it is a financial marriage as we say.

Julia
USCIS will not look into whether anyone is "rich". The only thing they will look at is whether the USC qualifies financially to be the sponsor, which simply means meeting the Poverty Guidelines....which in no way makes someone "rich".

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.