Need N400 help!!!

Old Sep 12th 2002, 10:49 am
Dell Wise

Default Need N400 help!!!

All. I will be greatful if anyone can tell me what to do in this situation: I have
sent out the N400 and done the fingerprint. But I have fail to mention an incident I
have with the law. About three years ago, I got caught for speeding and my kids in
the back weren't seat belted. So when I went to court, the judge got upset and gave
me two days in the county jail. I would like to know what can I do in this situation.
Do I wait til the interview and tell them or what other alternatives can I take? And
is this a big enough offense to worry about? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old Sep 12th 2002, 11:19 am
Steggy

Default Re: Need N400 help!!!

dell wise wrote:
    > All. I will be greatful if anyone can tell me what to do in this situation: I have
    > sent out the N400 and done the fingerprint. But I have fail to mention an incident
    > I have with the law. About three years ago, I got caught for speeding and my kids
    > in the back weren't seat belted. So when I went to court, the judge got upset and
    > gave me two days in the county jail. I would like to know what can I do in this
    > situation. Do I wait til the interview and tell them or what other alternatives can
    > I take? And is this a big enough offense to worry about? Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated.

My own experience.

I just had the interview. He asked me if I was convicted once. I told him about a DUI
conviction 12 years ago. He asked: inthe US? I said, no in the netherlands. Oh well,
OK he answered.

That can mean many things of course.

I would be prepared for that question, personally I would not say that is a
big thing.

BTW am I the only one who thinks it is outrageous to send someone to jail for two
days for this?

--
steg

Old Sep 12th 2002, 12:47 pm
Riri

Upon the interview you will have the chance to amend the answers. The officer will
review all the answers again with you. In order to avoid complications be upfront and
explain in detail. Remember you are under oath.

Right now you cannot do anything.

R "dell wise" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] o-
m
    > All. I will be greatful if anyone can tell me what to do in this situation: I have
    > sent out the N400 and done the fingerprint. But I have fail to mention an incident
    > I have with the law. About three years ago, I got caught for speeding and my kids
    > in the back weren't seat belted. So when I went to court, the judge got upset and
    > gave me two days in the county jail. I would like to know what can I do in this
    > situation. Do I wait til the interview and tell them or what other alternatives can
    > I take? And is this a big enough offense to worry about? Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated.

Old Sep 13th 2002, 2:00 am
Dell Wise

Thank you for your help. I will wait until then and be truthful about
it. Thanks again.