Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Need help setting up London Interview.

Wikiposts

Need help setting up London Interview.

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

aaron201k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help setting up London Interview.

Hello,

My fiance (british citizen) is waiting on a K1 visa. We are close to being approved by CSC and want to get the ball rolling with the US consulate in England. I have heard of many poeple who open a provision file with the embasy before packet 2 is recieved. We'd like to try and do this too.

Our case is a bit unique cause my fiance was denied entry back in Sept 2003. They canceled her visa and sent her back to the UK. It was a voluntary leave. No charges were pressed.

We want to make sure that everything is worked out before we go to that interview. So we don't have any surprises you know what I mean?

I've also heard we may need to file a special form due to her being denied enrty and her visa be revoked?

What I need is some advice on what to do and the email address to the London Embassy where she will go for her interview...

Please don't reply back telling me I need a lawyer... just give me the facts PLEASE!

Thank you all very much
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

brigeet will become famous soon enoughbrigeet will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need help setting up London Interview.

Originally posted by aaron201k
Hello,

My fiance (british citizen) is waiting on a K1 visa. We are close to being approved by CSC and want to get the ball rolling with the US consulate in England. I have heard of many poeple who open a provision file with the embasy before packet 2 is recieved. We'd like to try and do this too.

Our case is a bit unique cause my fiance was denied entry back in Sept 2003. They canceled her visa and sent her back to the UK. It was a voluntary leave. No charges were pressed.

We want to make sure that everything is worked out before we go to that interview. So we don't have any surprises you know what I mean?

I've also heard we may need to file a special form due to her being denied enrty and her visa be revoked?

What I need is some advice on what to do and the email address to the London Embassy where she will go for her interview...

Please don't reply back telling me I need a lawyer... just give me the facts PLEASE!

Thank you all very much
I don't know much, but the police (on the phone) told my fiance yesterday that it is taking 60 days right now to get a police certificate from the national police computer in the UK so I'd apply for that if you think you're close, but there really is no telling.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by brigeet
I don't know much, but the police (on the phone) told my fiance yesterday that it is taking 60 days right now to get a police certificate from the national police computer in the UK so I'd apply for that if you think you're close, but there really is no telling.

Yeah she already got her police cert. She did it online...
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

I have heard of many poeple who open a provision file with the embasy before packet 2 is recieved. We'd like to try and do this too.

Applicants used to be allowed to open a provisional file with the London Embassy. However, this service was discontinued over a year ago and I am not aware of this policy being changed since then.

Email address: [email protected]

Julie
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by 207lonsdale
Applicants used to be allowed to open a provisional file with the London Embassy. However, this service was discontinued over a year ago and I am not aware of this policy being changed since then.

Email address: [email protected]

Julie

OK thanks for that info...

I would like to email the Embassy anyway and ask for assistence with our unique case. Since her visa was canceled it kinda changes things and its not such a cut and dry case.

What should I ask the Embassy about any special forms or documents we may need before it comes time for the actual interview?

Thank you for your replies..
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:01 am
Gaylord

> OK
    > thanks for that info...
    > I would like to email the Embassy anyway and
    > ask for assistence with our unique case. Since her visa was canceled
    > it kinda changes things and its not such a cut and dry case.

Do Visa's get canceled a lot?

Jay

Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Gaylord
    > OK
    > thanks for that info...
    > I would like to email the Embassy anyway and
    > ask for assistence with our unique case. Since her visa was canceled
    > it kinda changes things and its not such a cut and dry case.

Do Visa's get canceled a lot?

Jay

only when you get deported ot denied entry!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone have any other advice for me? A little assistence will be more helpfull. I don't want to do it my self not knowing what to say...

Thanks!
Old Mar 25th 2004, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

To be frank, aaron, to find an answer to the issue you two have with her cancelled visa may require a consultation with a lawyer. Almost all of us on here are not legal experts, and some things are better to be answered by a legal expert, not members of an internet NewsGroup.

Because she was denied entry, I think whatever it is they wrote in her passport when they cancelled her visa is what could determine if a waiver will needed in your situation. The two waivers I've seen that are used are the I-212 and the I-601. I'm not sure which would be used or if either would be necessary since she did voluntarily leave. Like I said, I think it has to do with what they wrote in her passport. That usually refers to a certain section of the INA.

As for being prepared, get together all supporting docs you have that prove your relationship. Make sure the I-134 is filled out, notarized and you have all supporting documents for it. You cannot do a provisional file, but you can download the correct forms and fill them out ready to be sent back to London as soon as possible. Make sure you have all the necessary police checks, and possibly get vaccinations completed before the medical (cheaper this way).

Some stuff we put together for the interview:
Additional photos
Engagement cards
Proof of wedding plans (we'd already started to plan ours)
Phone records
Boarding Passes
Other items you may have sent with the I-129f for evidence
Were prepared to print out copies of emails and IM conversations, but did not do so.
Greeting cards we sent to each other.

Good luck!

Hello,

Thank you all very much