Wikiposts

Need help with I 130!! Please

Old Jan 6th 2013, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

MissEstrella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help with I 130!! Please

How many do I need of these, lol.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 3:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissEstrella
So in my case if I'm living in London and my husband is in New York does that mean we don't need to show any evidence or that's only the case if he is in London with me as well?
It only applies if the I-130 was filed directly to London, regardless of where either of you currently are living.

Rene
Old Jan 6th 2013, 3:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

How many do I need of these, lol.
As many as make sense for your particular life together. Everyone's evidence will be different.

Rene
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

tanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nice

Stop panicking and read the guides and info....

My husband is a USC living in the US. I'm a Brit living in the UK. We have never lived together, except short holidays. So pretty much similar to your situation, it's not uncommon to have no 'official' proof.

With my i130 form we also send the g325 forms (think that's the right number, forgetting about it now it's sent) with a passport photo of each of us. Also sent the optional form for email notification.

We sent;
Wedding certificate
His birth certificate
3 pages of skype chat, random - covering a few months
3 pages of printed out emails
A print out of reactions to our engagement on facebook
A few facebook printouts
4 photos of us together throughout relationship
4 Wedding photos including one of us with with his sister
A congratulations card
Signed statements from my mother & his sister
Copies of my boarding passes for 3/4 trips to the US
A copy of a flight itinery of a flight I bought him using my airmiles - shows my name and his.
A cover letter from my husband

Most of that is not required but we decided to add a few proofs just in case. some people just send in the required documents. Some people go overboard and send hundreds of pages of stuff. The best advice I was given is to provide them with a few examples of varied proofs.

I am currently now printing off the odd page of email / skype / facebook and adding it to my folder for the eventual interview.

Hope that helps
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. Trying to stay relaxed but it's hard. With those Skype logs are u using ones before or after u guys were married. I've got Skype logs but Jesus I have months to go through and I think some of it may be a little inappropriate if u know what I mean, lol. With the letters from your family what did write in them? By the way would u let me know if u get approved, cos your in Excalibur the same situation as I am. Also with the cover letter what sorts of things did your husband write?
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

tanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nicetanith is just really nice

You can use a black magic marker to remove personal information

There is a way to print off the call history but I didn't bother. I just scrolled through and printed out like a page from november, a 2 from oct - find pages that show like a few words chat & a call, sometimes you can get 3 days worth on a single page. You can use the print screen button and paste it into word ready for printing.

We used skype etc. from before marriage because we sent off the proof a few days after the wedding.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

The letters were pretty basic; name, address, place of birth, date of birth, how they knew my husband - what they can verify about the relationship. My mum wrote that she'd been aware of the relationship, was invited to wedding but could not attend, that she'd spoken to my then fiancee on the phone. My SIL did attend the wedding, she also introduced us - that was on the letter.

Cover letter just stated what he was applying for and a list of what was included in the package.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks. I'll try and start looking through all the Skype. I got married in April last year so I have quite a bit. Problem is it gets a bit depressing around December cos I fell pregnant when I visited him in October but lost it at the end of December. Got a letter from the doctor about what happened, don't know if I should put that in. I'll try and find some appropriate things.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

It's more the fact that you are talking rather than what you are talking about. Personally I'd print a page before the wedding and one page every month or two, just to prove that there is ongoing communication.

In terms of the letter from your doctor, I can't see any benefit in it. If there was a certificate with his name on or DNA test - it would provide proof of bona-fide marriage. Unfortunately I don't think that would apply in your circumstances. I'd personally just keep it in your files in case you want to show it at interview / medical.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 12:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what evidence I can show them that would be enough!
Everyone wants to know how much... but it's all about quality, not quantity. You are married - that's proven by the marriage certificate. US immigration isn't interested in your Skype messages or emails. You aren't trying to demonstrate a relationship... you're trying to demonstrate a bona fide marriage. Include whatever you have that demonstrates that. If you don't have anything just now, it's time to start.

By the way, affidavits from people who know you are only useful if they affirm that the people have seen the two of you together after the marriage and that you have presented yourself as a married couple in public. If they know you're married but haven't actually seen you together in public, it's not going to help you any.

Ian
Old Jan 7th 2013, 2:01 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Note that Rene's post talked about where the I-130 petition is filed, not with where the petitioner and beneficiary live. The difference arises because the USCIS field office in London tends to let the consular officers deal with the bona fides of the relationship.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If the I-130 is filed in the USA, they want to see some kind of evidence, even if it's just sworn affidavits.

If the I-130 is filed directly to London, they do NOT want to see any evidence of your joint life together. Except for the odd case where an RFE *is* issued for lack of evidence. So that could go either way, although initially the London website says not to send in evidence.

Rene

So in my case if I'm living in London and my husband is in New York does that mean we don't need to show any evidence or that's only the case if he is in London with me as well?