Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Need Advice From Some Experts Alvena, Andy, Micheal, Rete...

Wikiposts

Need Advice From Some Experts Alvena, Andy, Micheal, Rete...

Old Apr 8th 2002, 3:52 am
Gk

Default Need Advice From Some Experts Alvena, Andy, Micheal, Rete...

Hello Group!

It has been a while since I posted my last message. We filed our AOS application
(I-485/I-130/I-765) at SAN ANTONIO INS and I received my EAD on 2/26 and we went in
for my fingerprint on 3/30. Seems that things are going much faster than we thought.

I am graduating in May and I received a really nice job offer in Houston. Thus, we
will be moving in second week of May to Houston.

Here is the problem, Do we tell SAN ANTONIO INS to move our file to HOUSTON INS when
we move to HOUSTON?

I have a lawyer, whose address is also listed on the application and which will be
still under SAN ANTONIO INS. So, can we just keep her address and not even worry
about our new address? I personally like SAN ANTONIO INS a lot because they are very
nice and they are very fast compare to HOUSTON.

What should we do?

Another question is : HOW DO I RENEW MY EAD, if for some reason my GC interview does
not come before next year?

I would appreciate any feed back. Thank you for your time.

Old Apr 8th 2002, 3:52 am
Andy Platt

Default Re: Need Advice From Some Experts Alvena, Andy, Micheal, Rete...

You should tell Houston and San Antonio of the change of address. The problem is that
if you don't, you could get as far as the AOS interview and then be denied. Most of
the evidence you need to provide at the AOS interview has your address on it and they
may explicitly ask for your driving licenses for instance. I don't know if San
Antonio checks your address at the EAD pickup but Arlington always did.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "GK" <[email protected]>
wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello Group!
    >
    > It has been a while since I posted my last message. We filed our AOS application
    > (I-485/I-130/I-765) at SAN ANTONIO INS and I received my EAD on 2/26 and we went in
    > for my fingerprint on 3/30. Seems that things are going much faster than we
    > thought.
    >
    > I am graduating in May and I received a really nice job offer in Houston. Thus, we
    > will be moving in second week of May to Houston.
    >
    > Here is the problem, Do we tell SAN ANTONIO INS to move our file to HOUSTON INS
    > when we move to HOUSTON?
    >
    > I have a lawyer, whose address is also listed on the application and which will be
    > still under SAN ANTONIO INS. So, can we just keep her address and not even worry
    > about our new address? I personally like SAN ANTONIO INS a lot because they are
    > very nice and they are very fast compare to HOUSTON.
    >
    > What should we do?
    >
    > Another question is : HOW DO I RENEW MY EAD, if for some reason my GC interview
    > does not come before next year?
    >
    > I would appreciate any feed back. Thank you for your time.

Old Apr 8th 2002, 4:07 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Advice From Some Experts Alvena, Andy, Micheal, Rete...

Once you had cemented your moving plans and have a new mailing address, you notify San Antonio and Houston by receipted mail of your new address. I would also follow up asa I moved into the new address by going in person to Houston with a copy of the letter and request, again, in person that your file be sent for. Get a receipt of some type from Houston while you are there affirming you have made this request. Also be sure to get the name of the person you spoke with.

As for renewing your EAD, the same applies in Houston as it would have in San Antonio. 90 days before its expiration complete and mail in a new I-765. In fact, you might want to check out the Houston experience page and see if you can renew in person when it is close to the expiration date. Some rare INS offices will do walk-in the same day. Note the use of the word RARE.

Rete