Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Nederlandse? metric conversion question for ya! :)

Wikiposts

Nederlandse? metric conversion question for ya! :)

Old Sep 10th 2002, 2:10 pm
Kristin

Default Nederlandse? metric conversion question for ya! :)

Hi all,

Hoping those of you in the Netherlands especially can help me out. Hubby and I got a
bunch of Honig mixes in the mail from my in-laws and I am having a heck of a time
trying to find the points. Last night we had Deense Rundvlees Soep with 88 kJ and 21
kcal, 0,7g eiwit, 3,4g koolhydraten, and ,4g vet. I calculated this to 21 calories
and 0.4 grams of fat per 0,1 litre. I figured I had about 0,5 litre of soep (two
bowls) which comes to
2.25 pts in 2 bowls of soup. Is that right???

Then, tonight we had some "mix voor Macaroni en Spaghetti" and it says, per 100 gram:
Energie 1180 kJ, 280 kcal, eiwit 9,1 g, koolhydraten 48,3 g, and vet 5,5 g. I had
probably about 200 grams of this stuff prepared, does that sound possible? It was
awfully good.. mmm. Any clues as to what damage I did? I had 9pts left before
dinner and haven't done AP points yet, but I think if I end up with13pts left for
dinner I probably did a-ok. Maybe I'm wrong... but I'm thinking I had about 12pts
then huh? Yikes. Anyone have a list of points for these various Honig mixes? I've
got probably 4 different kinds of soep and Nasi Speciaal too.. mm. I can't wait for
that stuff.. haha.

Oh, another thing.. I notice that they don't list protein.. maybe that would help too
if I could have the nutritional values for that too? I'm not too good with this
Dutch language stuff yet.

Thanks everso much!

--
Kristin
2/1/150 HC Goal 230

Old Sep 10th 2002, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nederlandse? metric conversion question for ya! :)

You really are in the wrong newsgroup, for this kind
of question.
Old Sep 10th 2002, 4:34 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: Nederlandse? metric conversion question for ya! :)

kristin wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Hoping those of you in the Netherlands especially can help me out. Hubby and I got
    > a bunch of Honig mixes in the mail from my in-laws and I am having a heck of a
    > time trying to find the points. Last night we had Deense Rundvlees Soep with 88 kJ
    > and 21 kcal, 0,7g eiwit, 3,4g koolhydraten, and ,4g vet. I calculated this to 21
    > calories and 0.4 grams of fat per 0,1 litre. I figured I had about 0,5 litre of
    > soep (two bowls) which comes to
    > 2.25 pts in 2 bowls of soup. Is that right???

Are you saying you had two bowls for a total of ,5 litres? That would be a total of a
little over 1 pint.

> Then, tonight we had some "mix voor Macaroni en Spaghetti" and it says, per 100
    > gram: Energie 1180 kJ, 280 kcal, eiwit 9,1 g, koolhydraten 48,3 g, and vet 5,5 g.
    > I had probably about 200 grams of this stuff prepared, does that sound possible?
    > It was awfully good.. mmm. Any clues as to what damage I did?

Let's see, the amounts were for 100 grams. Since you ate 200g, double the numbers.

I had 9pts left before dinner and haven't done AP points yet, but I
    > think if I end up with13pts left for dinner I probably did a-ok. Maybe I'm
    > wrong... but I'm thinking I had about 12pts then huh?

Forget the points, use the calories..