Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Wikiposts

Old Jan 1st 2003, 12:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default From: Nebraska_India What Does This Mean?

what does this mean....
INS case status displays this message.

A written decision in this case was mailed on December 30, 2002. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

yeah, i may recieve the same notice thru mail by this weekend. but meanwhile i want to know what it actually mean?is it RFE or something else.
NSC K-1 PETITION 1ST NOA:19 JUNE 2002

**please start a new thread on my behalf as i'm not a able to .thanking U.
Old Jan 1st 2003, 2:04 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: From: Nebraska_India What Does This Mean?

Originally posted by Rete
what does this mean....
INS case status displays this message.

A written decision in this case was mailed on December 30, 2002. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

yeah, i may recieve the same notice thru mail by this weekend. but meanwhile i want to know what it actually mean?is it RFE or something else.
NSC K-1 PETITION 1ST NOA:19 JUNE 2002

**please start a new thread on my behalf as i'm not a able to .thanking U.

Hi:

Its probably "something else" and not an approval and not an RFE. Sounds like a denial to me. Please don't ask me why, I don't your case.

Also, it migh simply be a mistaken entry. That happens too. It pays to remember that although applicants are leaglly required to be truthful to INS, the reciprocal is not true -- INS has the right to lie to you and can't be penalized.
Old Jan 1st 2003, 2:57 am
nebraska_india

Default Re: From: Nebraska_India What Does This Mean?

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Its probably "something else" and not an approval and not an RFE. Sounds like a denial to me. Please don't ask me why, I don't your case.

Also, it migh simply be a mistaken entry. That happens too. It pays to remember that although applicants are leaglly required to be truthful to INS, the reciprocal is not true -- INS has the right to lie to you and can't be penalized.
thanx a lot , rete and folinskyinla.
ACTUALLY, i posted about my case sometime back in this forum.
if denial , how long does it take once submitted satisfying the reasons for denial. does it take another round of 180 days at NSC?
DO WE NEED TO RESUBMIT THRU AN ATTORNEY ?

i will update the forum as soon as i recievew the letter from the NSC.

Old Jan 3rd 2003, 3:13 am
nebraska_india

Default need suggestions and advice k1- denied NSC

hi all !
i just recieved the denial letter .
REASON:NOT MEETING IN PERSON. 30 days to appeal

earlier we had submitted a letter stating it is not mandatory to meet in person as per muslim religion customs but not prohibited either.
NOW, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW
CAN WE MEET WITHIN THESE 30 DAYS TIME TO APPEAL IN ANY COUNTRY OTHER THAN USA and INDIA.

OR WE HAVE TO SUBMIT A NEW THE K-1 PETITION WITH THE PICS PROOF.
OR CAN WE APPEAL THRU AN ATTORNEY WITHOUT MEETING

thanx.

i will appreciate if someone can post this as new thread.

Old Jan 3rd 2003, 3:37 am
Just Joined

jane hous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: need suggestions and advice k1- denied NSC

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nebraska_india
hi all !

Nebraska india

If you can meet and apply within 30 days you can appeal with another $110. If you don't resubmit within 30 days the case will be closed. What you are doing now is a motion to reopen if you do meet. But its the same thing as appealing.

You can also file another k1 once you meet in person.

Your chances are next to none if you appeal without showing proof of meeting.

hope this helps

jane
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 4:34 am
nebraska_india

Default Re: need suggestions and advice k1- denied NSC

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jane hous
Originally posted by nebraska_india
hi all !

Nebraska india

If you can meet and apply within 30 days you can appeal with another $110. If you don't resubmit within 30 days the case will be closed. What you are doing now is a motion to reopen if you do meet. But its the same thing as appealing.

You can also file another k1 once you meet in person.

Your chances are next to none if you appeal without showing proof of meeting.

hope this helps

can i request for an extension. as it is difficult to meet within 30 days and submit??

jane

Old Jan 3rd 2003, 4:38 am
nebraska_india

can i request for an extension. as it is difficult to meet within 30 days and resubmit??

Old Jan 3rd 2003, 4:50 am
Just Joined

jane hous is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nebraska_india
can i request for an extension. as it is difficult to meet within 30 days and resubmit??
You can ask for an extension but this is also a slim chance. You have to show a very strong hardship to be able to get extension. INS is very strict when it comes to the 30 day rule.

You can try to meet and if you do this within the 30 day period you can appeal. I strongly beleive there is no extension to this rule.

I feel bad for you for waiting 6 months for a denial decision. It looks like they took a long time deciding. I am pretty sure they gave you many reasons why they denied and it will be hard to overcome them if decide to appeal without meeting. For religious reasons its hard to prove this fact. If theres anyway "hole in your customs such as not prohibiting meeting they will deny.

I think in your case consult a lawyer for the best avenue. From experience, you need to meet in person.

jane
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 6:35 am
nebraska_india

thanx, a lot.