Nebraska Question

Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:59 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nebraska Question

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Juliet!!

I respect the DIYers AND the folks that hire attorneys. I just think jumping on a thread and screaming out blanket statements like ........ "LAWYERS ARE A WASTE OF MONEY" is silly, expecially when he doesn't know the OP's situation.

Leslie
Hi Leslie,

I did not think you didn't respect those who hire attorneys I was just commenting on why I personally chose to hire one

Mainly I was replying to your thread because I have heard funny ways of the word "cheap" including 'economical' and 'economically inclined'...LOL!

Juliet
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:04 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to offer "frugal" but that is another word that I really can't stand (like knuckles). LOL

Leslie

Originally posted by jcapulet
Hi Leslie,

I did not think you didn't respect those who hire attorneys I was just commenting on why I personally chose to hire one

Mainly I was replying to your thread because I have heard funny ways of the word "cheap" including 'economical' and 'economically inclined'...LOL!

Juliet
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:13 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to offer "frugal" but that is another word that I really can't stand (like knuckles). LOL

Leslie
I think there used to be a store named "Frugal Fannies" that went bankrupt. Maybe they were too frugal!

Juliet
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:15 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

tweeky,

Please do, I'd be interested to hear his reaction.

My suspicion is that no attorney will accept such a clause in his retainer agreement.
- a 'good' attorney would never make claims such as the one that we heard in that other post ("I can get that approval in under 6 months"). They will tell you the truth - no outcome can be guaranteed.
- a 'dodgy' attorney has his eye focused on his fee, not on his client, and is not going to risk a penny of the fee no matter what claims he makes to attract the client.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I like that idea , shall I tell my lawyer that? lol
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:16 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Booger,

I think you just earned your moniker, and into the snot rag with you. Statements like this are irresponsible and do a great dis-service to the group.

Maybe hiring a lawyer is not necessary, but a layman is unlikely to know until after the fact - when it may be too late.

A consultation with an attorney at the outset, perhaps even several consultations during the course of events, is never a waste of money. And the cost of a consultation is little, if any, more than the cost of filing any one of the numerous petitions and applications.

There was the fellow "bobzy" only yesterday who thought he had a problem-free situation right up to the visa interview, when the consular officer questioned the legitimacy of some time his fiancee had spent in the USA on a F (if I remember correctly) visa. If this guy had consulted a competent attorney to review his situation at the beginning, the attorney may have flagged the same item that caught the interviewer's attention and the fiancee could have been prepared in advance to address the issue.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Booger

Why did you hire a lawyer anyway? Unless you have legal problems a lawyer is
a BIG WASTE of money!! The forms are simple and instructions are easy.
Barring serious legal issues, there is NOTHING a lawyer can do for you that
you can't do yourself. Nothing!

If he hasn't filed yet, get your money back and do it yourself.

Good luck.

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Nov 21st 2003 at 4:22 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Originally posted by jcapulet
I think there used to be a store named "Frugal Fannies" that went bankrupt. Maybe they were too frugal!
If the store was in England, it probably got closed down as this means something quite different over there
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:20 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy

What did you say JEff?? I couldn't hear you.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:21 pm
jingling

Originally posted by Karen D
If the store was in England, it probably got closed down as this means something quite different over there
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to double check the name of that store...I'm pretty sure it was a women's clothing store.

Juliet
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:21 pm
WTF?

Originally posted by Karen D
I think it means the same thing here. CHEAP ASS. Hee hee hee. Leslie
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

LOL!!!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:24 pm
jingling

So maybe "Frugal Fannies" is a sophisticated way of saying "Cheap Asses"?

Hahaha...and I checked a website, apparently that is/was the name of the store.

Juliet
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:26 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

It would absolutely not mean cheap ass in England

Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:27 pm
WTF?

Originally posted by CharlieS
It would absolutely not mean cheap ass in England

There you are! Are you ready for your thrashings??
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:31 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Hang on, let me just pack my smalls for thrashing protection

There you are! Are you ready for your thrashings??
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:31 pm
WTF?

Originally posted by CharlieS
Hang on, let me just pack my smalls for thrashing protection

Don't you mean bigs??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.