"AwfulEcho" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi. I was curious...seeing all these horror stories about the Nebraska
Service
    > Center, could the process be sped up on an I129f if you know someone at
the
    > Center? I'm curious because the lawyer I hired is quoting me an approval
time
    > of less than 6 months and I know Nebraska is taking well longer than that.
He
    > says he knows someone at the Center.

He is Lying. There is NOTHING he can do to speed up the process. You don't
think he'd say ANYTHING to you to get your money?? These guys are worse than
car salesmen!

Why did you hire a lawyer anyway? Unless you have legal problems a lawyer is
a BIG WASTE of money!! The forms are simple and instructions are easy.
Barring serious legal issues, there is NOTHING a lawyer can do for you that
you can't do yourself. Nothing!

If he hasn't filed yet, get your money back and do it yourself.

Good luck.

--
Me (Ohio USA)
Her (Davao, RP)
1st NOA April 3
2nd NOA... Oct 22!
203 Days in the NSC Prison
NVC Notice Oct. 30
Packet Received Nov 6
Interview Date Jan 9

Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:24 pm
Gin
Forum Regular

Gin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really nice
Default Re: Nebraska Question

Originally posted by Awfulecho
Hi. I was curious...seeing all these horror stories about the Nebraska Service
Center, could the process be sped up on an I129f if you know someone at the
Center? I'm curious because the lawyer I hired is quoting me an approval time
of less than 6 months and I know Nebraska is taking well longer than that. He
says he knows someone at the Center.

Thanks!
The I 129F is taking less than 6 months. Its I 130 in Nebraska that is taking FORRREEEVVER. Like over a year and 2 months.

http://www.visapro.com/Nebraska-Service-Center.asp

They are working on receipts before May, 26 of 2003 for the I 129 F&S. June of 2002 for the I 130's.

Get me that person's number so we can all call and find out what's got them so behind Vermont when it comes to processing and clearing out the I 130's.

Gin
Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:25 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Now there's a lawyer short of work
Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

I guess if you pay up, everyone is bribable....
Old Nov 20th 2003, 8:36 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure all immigration attorneys "know" people at the service centers. It is their job to call and talk to these people on a regular basis. I seriously doubt your attorney will get any special favors. It would be unethical of the attorney to ask and unethical of the service center employee to grant.

Leslie

Thanks!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

goldrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Also,

Not all lawyers are good at immigration cases, even if they claim to be ... as we have found out on this NG. If you want to hire 1, hire Matt Udall or someone as good and experienced as him.

My feeling is that NSC is the picky-est service center of all. I have read so many cases on the Internet where ppl got RFEs for writing N/A instead of None on forms.

So, consult us if you don't hire a good lawyer ... before filling-out and sending anything to the centers.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 1:44 am
Awfulecho

>Why did you hire a lawyer anyway? Unless you have legal problems a lawyer is
    >a BIG WASTE of money!! The forms are simple and instructions are easy.
    >Barring serious legal issues, there is NOTHING a lawyer can do for you that
    >you can't do yourself. Nothing!

Our case does involve a few variables. I posted my first question to this NG a
few weeks ago and most of the responses suggested consulting an attorney
anyway, so that's what we've done. I realize we could have done it ourselves,
but I felt more comfortable getting an attorney. The processing times in
Nebraska seem to be going quicker, so we are happy about that.

Thanks!

Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:28 pm
Booger

"AwfulEcho" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi. I was curious...seeing all these horror stories about the Nebraska
Service
    > Center, could the process be sped up on an I129f if you know someone at
the
    > Center? I'm curious because the lawyer I hired is quoting me an approval
time
    > of less than 6 months and I know Nebraska is taking well longer than that.
He
    > says he knows someone at the Center.

He is Lying. There is NOTHING he can do to speed up the process. You don't
think he'd say ANYTHING to you to get your money?? These guys are worse than
car salesmen!

Good luck.

--
Me (Ohio USA)
Her (Davao, RP)
1st NOA April 3
2nd NOA... Oct 22!
NVC Notice Oct. 30
Packet Received Nov 6
Interview Date Jan 9

Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:08 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Booger,

I've done all of my filing myself and so far have not had any trouble (thank God - touch wood). However, with the amount of time, stress and research it would have saved me to have a good attorney ....... I don't think it would have been a waste of money at all. I know how to run a lawn mower and a weed eater, but I still pay someone to do my yard. It is definitely worth to the people who don't enjoy this type of work (and I have come to realize - I DON'T ENJOY IT AT ALL). Quit your anti-attorney rant, it is a matter of personal preference.

Leslie

[i]

Good luck.

--
Me (Ohio USA)
Her (Davao, RP)
1st NOA April 3
2nd NOA... Oct 22!
NVC Notice Oct. 30
Packet Received Nov 6
Interview Date Jan 9

Last edited by Leslie; Nov 21st 2003 at 3:12 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:15 pm
WTF?

Also, you may call me lazy, but I'll just call you cheap.

Leslie

Originally posted by Leslie66
Booger,

I've done all of my filing myself and so far have not had any trouble (thank God - touch wood). However, with the amount of time, stress and research it would have saved me to have a good attorney ....... I don't think it would have been a waste of money at all. I know how to run a lawn mower and a weed eater, but I still pay someone to do my yard. It is definitely worth to the people who don't enjoy this type of work (and I have come to realize - I DON'T ENJOY IT AT ALL). Quit your anti-attorney rant, it is a matter of personal preference.

Leslie
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:21 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Awful,

Performance guarantees are becoming common in contracts, see how the attorney reacts to this - propose a $100 reduction in his fee for each full week over 26 between the Notices Dates of NOA #1 and NOA #2.

Regards, JEff

Thanks!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:32 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Awful,

Performance guarantees are becoming common in contracts, see how the attorney reacts to this - propose a $100 reduction in his fee for each full week over 26 between the Notices Dates of NOA #1 and NOA #2.

Regards, JEff
I like that idea , shall I tell my lawyer that? lol
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:39 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Also, you may call me lazy, but I'll just call you cheap.

Leslie
Don't you mean "economical"? LOL!

We hired a lawyer, and I have mixed thoughts as to whether it was needed. While I could have filed the forms myself, he was a big help in writing the letter about Cory's denial of entry (to bring to the Consulate as an attachment to one of the forms). I guess that itself was worth it, it was a huge issue that scared us.

Juliet
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:46 pm
WTF?

Hi Juliet!!

I respect the DIYers AND the folks that hire attorneys. I just think jumping on a thread and screaming out blanket statements like ........ "LAWYERS ARE A WASTE OF MONEY" is silly, expecially when he doesn't know the OP's situation.

Leslie

Originally posted by jcapulet
Don't you mean "economical"? LOL!

We hired a lawyer, and I have mixed thoughts as to whether it was needed. While I could have filed the forms myself, he was a big help in writing the letter about Cory's denial of entry (to bring to the Consulate as an attachment to one of the forms). I guess that itself was worth it, it was a huge issue that scared us.

Juliet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.