Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Nebraska comes through!

Nebraska comes through!

Old Nov 7th 2002, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nebraska comes through!

I have just performed my usual daily ritual of checking our case status online at the INS site. For the first time in my life my jaw actually dropped. Case approved 7 November and approval posted! My fiancee is still at work and doesnt yet know, so I am preparing to be deafened in one ear when I telephone her in a few hours time.........but I really dont mind!

For all those of you who are still anxiously waiting for news, please accept our very best wishes.

Timeline to date
1st NOA 27 June
2nd NOA 7 November
Old Nov 7th 2002, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nebraska comes through!

Originally posted by abba48uk
I have just performed my usual daily ritual of checking our case status online at the INS site. For the first time in my life my jaw actually dropped. Case approved 7 November and approval posted! My fiancee is still at work and doesnt yet know, so I am preparing to be deafened in one ear when I telephone her in a few hours time.........but I really dont mind!

For all those of you who are still anxiously waiting for news, please accept our very best wishes.

Timeline to date
1st NOA 27 June
2nd NOA 7 November
Many congrats abba!!!! Can you please tell Nebraska to give Texas a kick up the jacksy?!!
Good luck!
Kate. xxxxx
Old Nov 7th 2002, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats abba! Great news after all the waiting.

Hope I hear something soon myself. First NOA was 06/18. I must still be stuck at the bottom of a pile somewhere.....
Old Nov 7th 2002, 5:28 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Timeline to date
1st NOA 27 June
2nd NOA 7 November
Congratulations to you too! Nice to see two NSC approval postings today. I'm in the process of making a copy of the finished K-1 submission that, like tparrent's case, will go to the NSC then on to Guangzhou. Should be fun, and I'm ready to pull out and use my Guangzhou tricks.

There have been negative reports about China, Russia and India lately. Well, after a little proactive measures (that may or may not have made any difference) my Indian beneficiary was given his K-1 visa, my latest Moscow K-1 beneficiary just received notice for her interview on 11/18/02, and hopefully this Guangzhou case will fly through too (besides, the odds are that whatever was causing the delay [I believe it is the new security measures coupled with the fact that the Bush administration had directed that no visas are to be issued until the reports actually come back to the post] will have had the bugs worked out by then, and processing will have returned to normal by then).

Again, congratulations.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
Old Nov 7th 2002, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Mooey is an unknown quantity at this point

"CONGRATULATIONS ABBA"
Another one escapes Nebraska..YIPPEE!!!!!

Timeline to date
1st NOA 27 June
2nd NOA 7 November
Old Nov 7th 2002, 7:43 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by katesuiter
Many congrats abba!!!! Can you please tell Nebraska to give Texas a kick up the jacksy?!!
Good luck!
Kate. xxxxx
Sorry to say but you have some more time to wait. You havent been waiting very long. Nebraska seems to be slower then Texas.
Old Nov 7th 2002, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
Sorry to say but you have some more time to wait. You havent been waiting very long. Nebraska seems to be slower then Texas.
Nebraska is notoriously slow, but the ironic thing is, they seem to be flying through the approvals at the mo!!! I haven't heard of one single approval from Texas in weeks, much to my dismay. It'll be 2 months for me next week, and I'm getting a little antsy. It'd be nice to see, "Another escapee from TSC!!!!" Oh, well, nothing to do but wait....
Kate. xxxx
Old Nov 8th 2002, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default abba's US fiancee

Dear All,
Thank you so much for all the congratulations and kind thoughts!
Abba and I have been at this since the first of May and I hope to have him over here in the icy Midwest sometime mid-January. But don't fear I will keep him warm and toasty....

This site. the information it provides and most of all the "buddy system" has been a great means of support for us during this dismal waiting process---yes and several weeks more to come!

Oh by the by, he didnt get to "torture" me with the surprise of 2nd NOA approval, I called NSC and screamed joyously into some poor service center woman's ear!

Fingers crossed for all of us dealing with the INS, may all our news be good! A special thanks to Scarlett and Rete for sharing all their valuable knowledge!

Sincerely,
Angelgirl
Old Nov 8th 2002, 12:01 pm
Jackz

congrats abba.......my fiance and i submitted ours on july 24/02 and still haven't heard anything but atleast it is nice to know that they are getting closer to that date. Best wishes.

Old Nov 10th 2002, 2:19 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by abba48uk Abba I think your news is wonderful. You must be so happy. Do you mind me asking how long you waited with the nebraska center to receive your first NOA? We have yet to receive ours & its been 16 weeks now.Any inofrmation you can supply would be greatly received.

Timeline to date
1st NOA 27 June
2nd NOA 7 November