the third degree Spanish inquisition , when I only needed
a little friendly advice .... no matter I am now nearly
at the end of 2.5 years of stress and paperwork
just waiting now for my appointment date at the consulate
in Frankfurt ... what questions do they ask , what happens
cheers
j
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nearly at the end of a torturous journey

Originally Posted by hamlrt
hi there
haven't been on in a very long time as the last
time I posted , I was incredibly stressed and received
the third degree Spanish inquisition , when I only needed
a little friendly advice .... no matter I am now nearly
at the end of 2.5 years of stress and paperwork
just waiting now for my appointment date at the consulate
cheers
j
What visa are you applying for, and why did it take so long to process? 2.5 years is a very long time nowadays...

Glad to hear you're near the end, anyway!

Rene
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

You haven't mentioned what you are applying for. You might get some answers if you give some detail.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems you have a bit of a back story, so I'm going to link your past thread here, so we know your history (it helps).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734571

So you're still getting a K-1 visa?

Rene
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:02 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

There's no specific list of questions. Expect to be asked some things about your petitioner and your relationship.

Regards, JEff

... just waiting now for my appointment date at the consulate
cheers
j
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

hamlrt will become famous soon enoughhamlrt will become famous soon enough

yes 2.5 years is a damned long time for a k1
visa , we were refused first time over a small
clerical error ... found the UCIS website totally
confusing and all over the place and then we just waited and waited
and waited
everything is now in order a case worker is looking
at the paperwork I sent in
ds230 part 1&2
police report
support stuff
all the things it said to mail it's gone
hopefully after my medical goes well on Thursday
we will be on our way to finally getting married
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... the last time I posted , I was incredibly stressed and received the third degree Spanish inquisition...
Hopefully, you're no longer stressed... because I just finished reading everything you've ever posted on BE and I can't find where you "received the third degree Spanish inquisition". Perhaps it was on some other site, because it wasn't here. Here, you asked a number of open-ended questions and got a number of responses asking you to be more specific. Eventually, you seemed to get what you needed. To be fair, you really were confused and stressed... so if you saw it as something it really wasn't... well, you're forgiven.

everything is now in order a case worker is looking at the paperwork I sent in...
Good.

...police report...
You kept a copy of the police report, right? You'll need to show it to the doctor at your medical on Thursday.

Ian
Old Jul 10th 2012, 5:34 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Police reports are required to be shown for the medical exams in Germany? It's not shown on the list of documents required when taking the medical exam.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You kept a copy of the police report, right? You'll need to show it to the doctor at your medical on Thursday.

Ian
Old Jul 10th 2012, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Police reports are required to be shown for the medical exams in Germany? It's not shown on the list of documents required when taking the medical exam.
Are they not? Well then... happy news for the guy!

Ian
Old Jul 10th 2012, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

hello there no need to take police reports
to the docs , just photos , passport and proof of
innoculation
all of which I have
out of interest why the hell would a doctor
be interested in a police report
Old Jul 10th 2012, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

In reply to a earlier post , in my earlier state of mind
I was stressed to hell , because you have no idea
what's going on , the govt. types won't tell anything
and with me being here and stuck ..just awful
it actually got so bad we had my fiances senator
look onto this , he really helped he gets my thanks.
oh cheers for the forgiveness
I'm just really glad it's all nearly over as its been
tough on my fiancé as well .
I was really wondering what happens when you go
to that final interview
how should I dress ... same as a job interview or casual
what will they ask ?
how long will it take ?
just what goes on ?

cheers
j
Old Jul 10th 2012, 9:52 pm

No idea. But the procedure in place at the consular section in London is that the visa applicant must bring a copy of their police report to the medical exam.

On second thought, from the posts I've seen here in this forum a lot of Brits seem to have a police record that involves overindulgence with drinking ...

Regards, JEff

Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:01 pm

how should I dress ... same as a job interview or casual
Your choice. Most people seem to wear business casual.

what will they ask ?
They will ask questions regarding your application forms and your relationship.

how long will it take ?
In London, seems to be anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. In Frankfurt, no idea. The actual interview part probably takes 15 minutes or less, probably...the rest is just waiting time.

just what goes on ?
You arrive, you have the face to face interview, you pay the courier for later delivery of your passport/visa/immigration package, you leave.

Rene
Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:02 pm

In London, it's required to bring your police report to the medical exam. They are most likely looking for any problems relating to alcohol or drug abuse.

Rene
Old Jul 11th 2012, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy

On second thought, from the posts I've seen here in this forum a lot of Brits seem to have a police record that involves overindulgence with drinking ...

Regards, JEff
Sounds about right for GB! This is the number 1 nation for binge drinking! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.