Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

NBC/MSC slow on 129F for k3!

Wikiposts

NBC/MSC slow on 129F for k3!

Old May 24th 2004, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

marzzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NBC/MSC slow on 129F for k3!

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
Try this url: http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/abo...k/Temp2002.pdf and look at Table 26. It gives the numbers for each class of non-immigrant. In 2002, there were 27,340 K1s, 4257 K2s, 4575 K3s, and 1158 K4s. That same year there were 240,000 spouses of US citizens who became residents through AOS: http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/abo...cel/table5.xls (lines 204 through 209).
thanks for the url, good to know there aren't as many of us!

marzzz
Old May 24th 2004, 4:20 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by marzzz
thanks for the url, good to know there aren't as many of us!

marzzz
It is actually not a good thing, I wish there was more of us!!
Old May 24th 2004, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

kebuchan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
How long does AOS typically take? A few folks recommended AOS but since I was already married immigration lawyers I spoke to said it was not "very legal" so I decided against it.

I wonder what most of the AOS cases are... visitors?
Old May 24th 2004, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Try this url: http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/abo...k/Temp2002.pdf and look at Table 26. It gives the numbers for each class of non-immigrant. In 2002, there were 27,340 K1s, 4257 K2s, 4575 K3s, and 1158 K4s. That same year there were 240,000 spouses of US citizens who became residents through AOS: http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/abo...cel/table5.xls (lines 204 through 209).
I'd be interested to see if there is an increase (and if so, how much) for 2003... things are taking so so so much longer than they did even a year ago... and the K3 visa was introduced as a way to reunite families faster because I-130 petitions were taking so long. The K3 IS faster, but I think it's still unacceptable.
Old May 25th 2004, 1:17 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Buendia
I'd be interested to see if there is an increase (and if so, how much) for 2003... things are taking so so so much longer than they did even a year ago... and the K3 visa was introduced as a way to reunite families faster because I-130 petitions were taking so long. The K3 IS faster, but I think it's still unacceptable.

The K3 is faster most of the time. I wish I would have done the K1 route allowing me to use VSC.
Old May 25th 2004, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

You're right, Hyper - there are so few of us, we don't get any attention. I really wish they gave more details about the AOS spouses and what status they adjusted from.

Old May 25th 2004, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by kud
The K3 is faster most of the time. I wish I would have done the K1 route allowing me to use VSC.
That's a good point... but if you're already married, there isn't a choice... it's I-130 (in the US or DCF) or K3. I wish Ireland had let me DCF... they have it here, but insisted I didn't qualify because I couldn't prove to their satisfaction that I was a resident.
Old May 25th 2004, 2:30 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

zeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you wish more of us? Less should be better since they have less k3 visas to work on.
Old May 25th 2004, 2:30 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

zeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you wish more of us? Less should be better since they have less k3 visas to work on.
Old May 25th 2004, 3:14 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

cowboy,

From the USCIS statistics. Read it yourself:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/abo...MM2002list.htm
AOS is the process of adjusting status to a permanent resident from some other status.
Keep in mind that in 2002 the K3 visa was new, not much time for people to learn about it and go through the processing to get one. I'm sure that the numbers for subsequent years will show substantial increases, and whether or not the K3 numbers will approach or exceed the K1 numbers will be interesting to see.

Have you ever heard the expression "The squeaky oil gets the grease."
No, but in an era that is now history there used to be an expression "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". These days squeaky wheels don't get greased - they get discarded.

Regards, JEff
Old May 25th 2004, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

oh. i guess i'm just a bit confused about how all this is working. you'd think they would be a little faster since there aren't as many!

how long have you've been waiting for your spouses k3?

marzzz
Old May 25th 2004, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

oh. i guess i'm just a bit confused about how all this is working. you'd think they would be a little faster since there aren't as many!

marzzz
married my Londonier August 27, 2003 in London.
married him again Sept. 27, 2003 in Los angeles, ca.
I-129F notice of receipt: Sept.29, 2003
Request for ADIT photo Dec. 11, 2003
Receipt of request recieved Dec. 30, 2003
online stat says from then til now, "preliminary processing complete, will receive written decision in less than 90 days."

It's been almost 150 days now! Why can't they just be up-front?
Old May 25th 2004, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Less cases..less case workers?

marzzz
Old May 25th 2004, 7:36 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Buendia
The K3 IS faster, but I think it's still unacceptable.

I agree!!!
Old May 25th 2004, 7:44 am

marzzz
Hey there!

If there was more of us (K3) we would get more attention..
As Sunflower and I stated before.. Just because there are less I-129 applications (for K3), doesn't mean they get approved quicker.
The same CIS officers who work on K3's could be working on other types of petitions as well..
Look at my timeline.. It took 123 days from the day we filed until my arrival.. not too bad If you consider that in Sept/October MSC slowed down, I hope MSC picks up like they did last December

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.