Wikiposts

Namechecks and FBI

Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

alect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nicealect is just really nice
Default Re: Namechecks and FBI

Originally Posted by s_wait
Hi,

I filed my marriage based AOS,
RD 4th Nov 2003
FP 23rd Dec2003
Had my interview on 20th May 2004, case was approved by the officer pending security clearance.
After waiting for four months after the interview with no update, I decided to check with FBI about the namecheck, I faxed in a request and they sent me an e-mail stating that a request for namecheck was initiated by the INS on the 1st of January 2004 by the INS which resulted in format error and the INS never resubmitted again.
All this time I have been waiting only to find out the the process was never reinitiated, If I had not got in touch with the FBI, I would still be waiting for the namecheck which was never resubmitted in the past ten months.

It is extremely frustrating, I have no clue what I should do now and how to get this initiated and expidited.
Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks
s_wait
What was the number you faxed to and what did you need to fax them in order for them to respond?
Old Oct 12th 2004, 6:06 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, nevermind... i see this is a year-old thread and the new posts are regarding dealing with the security check for AOS. I will put my rose-colored glasses back on now!

Marnee
Old Oct 13th 2004, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

CSUMBERAC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by s_wait
Hi,

I filed my marriage based AOS,
RD 4th Nov 2003
FP 23rd Dec2003
Had my interview on 20th May 2004, case was approved by the officer pending security clearance.
After waiting for four months after the interview with no update, I decided to check with FBI about the namecheck, I faxed in a request and they sent me an e-mail stating that a request for namecheck was initiated by the INS on the 1st of January 2004 by the INS which resulted in format error and the INS never resubmitted again.
All this time I have been waiting only to find out the the process was never reinitiated, If I had not got in touch with the FBI, I would still be waiting for the namecheck which was never resubmitted in the past ten months.

It is extremely frustrating, I have no clue what I should do now and how to get this initiated and expidited.
Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks
s_wait
Oh goodness, S. I am sorry. When you mentioned the name check clearance - was your name on all your immigration documentation correct (ie. I-485 interview letter)? Or did immigration log-in your name incorrectly? What’s this about an embassy?

Either way, I think you are on the right track - contacting the FBI. Hopefully you'll get this resolved quickly. Did you use a lawyer to initiate the greencard process?...if so, definitely see if they can help.

GOOD LUCK! CD
Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

s_wait is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, (response to question about which number i used to contact FBI)

In order to find out the status of my fingerprint, I called 304-625-5590
A lady spoke to me over the phone and told me that the fingerprints were cleared on the same day they were taken and sent to the local office.

I guess after receiving the fingerprint status a namecheck is initiated by the local office.

In order to find out about the name check status, I sent a fax (with name, address, A#, DOB, Ph number, e-mail address). The fax was addressed to
FBI Agent David Hardy, 935, Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington DC. 20535.

FAX Number: (202) 324-3367

The officer responds by e-mail but takes amost three to four weeks to do so.

Thanks and Good luck to all
s_wait

Last edited by s_wait; Oct 13th 2004 at 7:18 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

s_wait is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CSUMBERAC
Oh goodness, S. I am sorry. When you mentioned the name check clearance - was your name on all your immigration documentation correct (ie. I-485 interview letter)? Or did immigration log-in your name incorrectly? What’s this about an embassy?

Either way, I think you are on the right track - contacting the FBI. Hopefully you'll get this resolved quickly. Did you use a lawyer to initiate the greencard process?...if so, definitely see if they can help.

GOOD LUCK! CD
Hello, thanks for your concern. I had my interview at my local district office and according to the e-mail I recieved from fbi there was a format error while submitting the name by INS and the INS never resubmitted the name again, instead kept on telling me that the case is pending due to security clearance.

Thanks for the good luck, seems like I need it.
cheers

s_wait
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

charon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Today I call the embassy that it was my interview for k3 and you guys sent my fingerprints for name check and gave me 45 days to wait but now its 5th month that im in wait so embassy said sir yours interview was in July 2004 and we have many case in pending for administrative process since July 2003 so you have to wait we cant give you visa till we receive response from Washington I need help what should I do how can we get visa faster?
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

CSUMBERAC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charon1
Today I call the embassy that it was my interview for k3 and you guys sent my fingerprints for name check and gave me 45 days to wait but now its 5th month that im in wait so embassy said sir yours interview was in July 2004 and we have many case in pending for administrative process since July 2003 so you have to wait we cant give you visa till we receive response from Washington I need help what should I do how can we get visa faster?
Sorry, I'm not sure what a K3 visa is. My husband's interview for his I-485 is November 17. Since we've waited nearly 3 years - I am hoping that his name check will be fine.

If you look on this post, you will find that people listed a fax # and address to contact the FBI on your status. Although you have to wait 4-wks for a response, it might be worth looking into.

I don't think you can speed anything up - just inquire. SORRY. Or contact a lawyer, see what advise they can give you.

CD
Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:22 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

So much for the "LIFE ACT" to re-unite families faster. It has been 4 weeks right now since out k-1 interview in Islamabad. They said it should take 4-6 weeks to process, so I am still hopeful, but I am also worried that they will send us thru "administrative processing hell".

I know it is possible that they will really issue the visa within a month because i know of a couple of people that got the visa and are here. They applied after the embassy changed to electronic fingerprints, so maybe that helps speed things up.

I think we will also see more waiting at all of the embassies world-wide, now that they are making them all do biometrics (as of 10/26/04). I have also noticed that Islamabad is scheduling the interviews further out... 9 weeks now. In August it was 3 weeks; In September it was 5 weeks.

For all of you who have your loved ones with you, hold them extra tight and dont let go. You are the lucky ones.

Marnee
Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:28 am
Cool Member

Originally Posted by CSUMBERAC
Sorry, I'm not sure what a K3 visa is.
Oh that would be so nice not to know what a K3 visa is!! You and your spouse must both be here in the U.S. trying to adjust status? A k3 is a visa designed to re-unite a USC and foreign spouse. A k1 is for a fiance(e) in another country to come to the USA for the purpose of marrying a USC. It can be a very difficult and long process to get a k-visa, although depending on the situation and consolute and lucky stars, sometimes it goes thru nice and easy.

Marnee
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:39 am
Swiss

USA & Pakistan <member26954@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...
    > > Today I call the embassy that it was my interview for k3 and you guys
    > > sent my fingerprints for name check and gave me 45 days to wait but
    > > now its 5th month that im in wait so embassy said sir yours interview
    > > was in July 2004 and we have many case in pending for administrative
    > > process since July 2003 so you have to wait we cant give you visa till
    > > we receive response from Washington I need help what should I do how
    > > can we get visa faster?
    >
    > So much for the "LIFE ACT" to re-unite families faster. It has been 4
    > weeks right now since out k-1 interview in Islamabad. They said it
    > should take 4-6 weeks to process, so I am still hopeful, but I am also
    > worried that they will send us thru "administrative processing hell".
    >
    > I know it is possible that they will really issue the visa within a
    > month because i know of a couple of people that got the visa and are
    > here. They applied after the embassy changed to electronic
    > fingerprints, so maybe that helps speed things up.
    >
    > I think we will also see more waiting at all of the embassies world-
    > wide, now that they are making them all do biometrics (as of
    > 10/26/04). I have also noticed that Islamabad is scheduling the
    > interviews further out... 9 weeks now. In August it was 3 weeks; In
    > September it was 5 weeks.
    >
    > For all of you who have your loved ones with you, hold them extra tight
    > and dont let go. You are the lucky ones.
    >
    > :)Marnee

Yes over 4 weeks and still haven't heard anything from embassy, I have
started feeling scared, God knows i really don't want it that
long.....Just hoping for the best at the moment!
Marnee you seem like on top of the things going thru in Islamabad
embassy...with how long they are taking in processing etc. I also know
couple of people who got their visas in a month, So i was really
expecting something by 4th week :-(
When should i start thinking about contacting congressman? or FBI??

Have my fingers crossed for you too!

Thanks --

Sana