Wikiposts

Namechecks and FBI

Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

jg1012002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Namechecks and FBI

I just had a very interesting conversation with the FBI Namecheck Division. It seems after waiting for 65 days and emailing everyone under the sun that had anything even remotely to do with the namecheck process I actually got my answers.

The embassy submitted the name incorrectly evidently so therefore, it was NEVER started. We have been waiting 65 days for absolutely nothing. I have spent probably over $400 on phone calls for --- you guessed it -- nothing. I have postponed my wedding yet again -- for -- you guessed it -- nothing. How lucky we are?

It was only after sending letters to Mr. Garrity regarding his famous reports and incorrect statistics, and copying it to the Committee on Government Reform with a promise to be at the next meeting to ask my own questions, they someone decided maybe they should check on his case.

I must admit I am impressed (honestly) with the FBI. Each time I have managed to contact them they have been very helpful. It seems the breakdown is between DOS and Consul itself.

Needless to say with this information I am now redoing all letters and emails in hope of actually getting my fiance's namecheck started.

Now the really funny part, no one is sure who to contact to actually get it done, other than the same people who have been telling me that is was in process -- the embassy and Visa Services no less.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow thats weird.
i call the state edept to ask about our namechek, and the lady said it was given on june 4 , rite after the interview...but how do i know for sure they have the right name?
that really sucks...
this is the number : 202-663-1264
they can tell u the status but not the result of the namecheck.
good luck
Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Yes I used that number for 9 weeks. However, when FBI called State Dept Head and they looked for the actual namecheck request -- nothing was found.

It is a glitch in their system......works something like the embassy request it so in that record it records pending however the request is actually rejected by FBI, and that goes to a different department at State and gets sent back to Embassy. However, the pending field is not updated to reflect the rejection status by the FBI. .........go figure that one out.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

o god, now we r responsible for fixing bugs in ther system...
its been over 2 months so ill check to see if they actually got the name rite..
thanks for ur info
good luck
Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Its not a matter of having the name correct -- it is the submission guidelines that have to be adherred to. That is where the problem lays.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

I am in heavenly bliss............I just received a call from the State Department to let me know that my fiance's clearance has been approved and will be issued this week!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

whoa, thats great!
howd that happen?
did ur fiance already have the interview , just wondering.
good luck for the rest of the process
Old Aug 7th 2003, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Yes he had the interview on June 2nd. We have been waiting since then. I sent you a couple of private messages.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 8:09 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jg1012002
I am in heavenly bliss............I just received a call from the State Department to let me know that my fiance's clearance has been approved and will be issued this week!
Great news.
In the way of general information, it is important that the Consul (and BCIS for that matter) be made aware of all names used by the beneficiary (which should be listed on the BCIS forms and Consular forms anyway). They need to be able to run all of the names to do a meaningful name check, so if someone for example has a current last name, which is different than a maiden name, they will need to run the check on both names. If they find out they missed running a check on a particular name, this could delay the process as they run the check for the other name.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Aug 7th 2003, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Well the problem was never in the name itself. The problem is with the submission of the namecheck request. The FBI has a strict policy on how the cables have to be submitted - if the submission does not adhere to that policy then the namecheck submission is never received by FBI. Instead an error report goes to the State Department and once a month someone at State goes thru the error report (according to the State Department). The names are then resubmitted from the error report. Somehow my fiance's namecheck was rejected both times. Had I not sent a letter to Robert Garrity questioning the report he presented to the Committee on Government Reform, I suspect that the namecheck would still be lost in limbo.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Hassan is on a distinguished road
Default name check

i've been waiting on fingerprints results for a year now. i don't know who else to call other than FBI and consulate. they don't help much. is it true calling the state dept at 202-663-1264 would tell me the status?
thanks
Old Aug 8th 2003, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Have you contacted the FBI fingerprinting division? They are the best place to start.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

s_wait is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Namechecks and FBI

Hi,

I filed my marriage based AOS,
RD 4th Nov 2003
FP 23rd Dec2003
Had my interview on 20th May 2004, case was approved by the officer pending security clearance.
After waiting for four months after the interview with no update, I decided to check with FBI about the namecheck, I faxed in a request and they sent me an e-mail stating that a request for namecheck was initiated by the INS on the 1st of January 2004 by the INS which resulted in format error and the INS never resubmitted again.
All this time I have been waiting only to find out the the process was never reinitiated, If I had not got in touch with the FBI, I would still be waiting for the namecheck which was never resubmitted in the past ten months.

It is extremely frustrating, I have no clue what I should do now and how to get this initiated and expidited.
Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks
s_wait
Old Oct 12th 2004, 4:29 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Namechecks and FBI

You guys are scarring the heck out of me!! What embassy are you guys dealing with?

Marnee
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all
Default Re: Namechecks and FBI

Originally Posted by jg1012002
I just had a very interesting conversation with the FBI Namecheck Division. It seems after waiting for 65 days and emailing everyone under the sun that had anything even remotely to do with the namecheck process I actually got my answers.

The embassy submitted the name incorrectly evidently so therefore, it was NEVER started. We have been waiting 65 days for absolutely nothing. I have spent probably over $400 on phone calls for --- you guessed it -- nothing. I have postponed my wedding yet again -- for -- you guessed it -- nothing. How lucky we are?

It was only after sending letters to Mr. Garrity regarding his famous reports and incorrect statistics, and copying it to the Committee on Government Reform with a promise to be at the next meeting to ask my own questions, they someone decided maybe they should check on his case.

I must admit I am impressed (honestly) with the FBI. Each time I have managed to contact them they have been very helpful. It seems the breakdown is between DOS and Consul itself.

Needless to say with this information I am now redoing all letters and emails in hope of actually getting my fiance's namecheck started.

Now the really funny part, no one is sure who to contact to actually get it done, other than the same people who have been telling me that is was in process -- the embassy and Visa Services no less.
Is there a number to call or a specific address to write in order to contact the FBI regarding namecheck status? and when that is done how long does it take for the FBI to respond?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.