Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Name/security check confusion (again)

Wikiposts

Name/security check confusion (again)

Old Jan 13th 2004, 3:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name/security check confusion (again)

Originally posted by tmushen
http://usinfo.state.gov/topical/pol/terror/02092406.htm

Check this link out. I don't see Egypt in that list.
Here is the list I found

Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

and possibly Bangladesh has been added...but it appears the list changes frequently
Old Jan 13th 2004, 4:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen the movie "Three Days of the Condor" - but every time I hear "Visa Condor" I think of it. LOL Obviously Condor in the movie doesn't apply to visas, otherwise it would be WAY longer than just 3 days!! LOL (sorry...late night immigration humor attempt!)
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:03 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
I've never seen the movie "Three Days of the Condor" - but every time I hear "Visa Condor" I think of it. LOL Obviously Condor in the movie doesn't apply to visas, otherwise it would be WAY longer than just 3 days!! LOL (sorry...late night immigration humor attempt!)
Damm good film ...A must see...
Old Jan 14th 2004, 5:04 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Damm good film ...A must see...
Ray,
Very good movie, I agree.

tmushen,
This is what I was referring to in your thread the other day. It is a little confusing to me because it is not just countries that state-sponsor terrorism. It would make sense though, as Ray said, that list is always changing due to the changing political climate in different countries at different times. I'm not thrilled that Morocco is on the list, however I understand why. It did add a little bit of extra waiting time after the I-129f was approved. However, I know Rene has had a much worse time than I. She gets a double wammy, a fiance born in Iran and living in Turkey.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:44 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Well, I called the NVC a few minutes ago and besides hearing that I should be receiving instructions in 4 to 6 weeks, the woman who spoke to me said she has no idea how or when the name checks are done. I asked her if she could direct me to someone who has knowledge of these procedures, and she said she didn't know anyone. Just great. If the namecheck results go thru the NVC, how could they not know?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:55 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Heba, at least you've started the process of educating yourself. Thank God we are resourceful because telephone answerers are obviously just that, they're only there to answer the telephone.

Your situation is becoming more and more interesting to me. Our I-130 should take approximately one year from the date of my 1st NOA. I know there are no guarantees, I'm just using the law of averages based on what the TSC is posting. If that is the case, then theoretically, we could also be looking at the same situation that you are. I'll be very interested to see what you find out.

Leslie
Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Well, I called the NVC a few minutes ago and besides hearing that I should be receiving instructions in 4 to 6 weeks, the woman who spoke to me said she has no idea how or when the name checks are done. I asked her if she could direct me to someone who has knowledge of these procedures, and she said she didn't know anyone. Just great. If the namecheck results go thru the NVC, how could they not know?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 4:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Hi Heba,

I was calling NVC regularly every Friday for 8 or 9 weeks, and I never got more answer than the standard "we are awaiting completion of security checks". Even after I found out the FBI clearance was complete, and wondering why NVC didn't have the results yet, the rep couldn't tell me anything beyond "perhaps there's more than one check being done". All they have to go by is probably a computer screen which reads the status. They probably know nothing beyond that....i.e., where it goes, who it goes to, how long it really takes, etc.

I hope you have some answers soon! :-)

Best Wishes,
Rene
p.s. to Leslie - double whammy is right! Plus, I haven't heard from Sadegh since he went back to Iran to get his originals, although I know from his neice there that he's ok. He's in his hometown where it's hard to call out to America. Meanwhile, I'm still holding P3, awaiting originals docs (per his request). We're still waiting for the police certificate, anyway. I'm going to email Ankara and remind them I'm *not* abandoning my petition. :-(
Old Jan 15th 2004, 3:11 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Heba,

I was calling NVC regularly every Friday for 8 or 9 weeks, and I never got more answer than the standard "we are awaiting completion of security checks". Even after I found out the FBI clearance was complete, and wondering why NVC didn't have the results yet, the rep couldn't tell me anything beyond "perhaps there's more than one check being done". All they have to go by is probably a computer screen which reads the status. They probably know nothing beyond that....i.e., where it goes, who it goes to, how long it really takes, etc.
Why should this surprise me? I thought the folks at the NVC were a little more useful than their NCSC counterparts, but it appears not. Rene, I hope you hear from Sadegh soon. I know you know he's ok, but I would still be anxious to hear that from his own lips.

Leslie,

You're right to pay close attention to my case. We were all so focused on our K3's that the I-130 was kind of put aside and neglected. Hopefully someone will learn something from my case.