Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Name/security check confusion (again)

Wikiposts

Name/security check confusion (again)

Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:06 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Name/security check confusion (again)

OK, I've found the post I was talking about. Note the third paragraph.
Originally posted by jg1012002
I understand what you are going thru and will help in anyway I can. I gained so much knowledge of this namecheck procedure because of what we went thru.

The phone number to call is (202) 324-3625 FBI Security NameCheck. You will need to leave your name and phone number so they can call you back within 24 hours. I would try to leave a cell phone if possible so you do not miss the call. You will need to give t hem the information on your fiance, date of birth, full name, etc. They are very cooperative in this process.

The entire problem with the namecheck lies in the entering of information. FBI has issued very STRICT guidelines on how the information can be entered. For some reason, the NVC/Embassy/DOS personnel have not learned these standards yet. When it is done incorrectly then it goes to a rejection file that DOS is suppose to enter manually (once a month is what they state) but seems that either it doesn't get done or they re-enter incorrectly yet again. I have even seen some cases where the approval was issued by FBI but for whatever reasons DOS/NVC/Embassy did not receive the approval and kept requesting the namecheck. The key to that scenario is that once the approval is issued, the FBI system rejects the name for the next 12 months..............so the applicant is stuck as pending for another 11 months. (Approvals are only issued once within a 12 month period.) The FBI does notify DOS/Embassy/NVC that the namecheck was rejected but again DOS/Embassy/NVC does nothing about it. These are the "black holes" of the namecheck process. Of course, the entire time you are calling and emailing DOS/NVC/Embassy and they are telling you it is pending -- which makes this an extremely frustrating task and why I told you to stay on top of it from the get go.

The letter that the FBI issues you is invaluable. Either they state the namecheck was processed on such and such date or that they never received the request. If this happens contact me via PM and I will tell you how to get around that one. I actually had a namecheck group on yahoo to fight this stupidity.

Me and my husband actually ended up doing DCF in Cyprus because after all the waiting and hell that Abu Dhabi put us thru, the petition was expired and they refused to revalidate it (revalidation is normal procedures). At the interview in Cyprus, the consular officers (we had 3 interview us...........LOL quite an experience) called Abu Dhabi and their entire reason behind not revalidating the petition and not issuing the visa was because "they did not like the looks of the case because I am 10 years older than my husband". Of couse now I am actually glad because I don't have to deal with BCIS for another two years because my husband is entering with an immigrant visa this Friday.

One note on the Cyprus issue, the most important document they wanted to see was the FBI letter stating that the Embassy had never requested a namecheck on my fiance.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

jg1012002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Heba,

If your fiancee/spouse is from one of the "targetted" countries, such as Cuba, China, Russia, or one of the Middle Eastern countries, the name check can get "lost". Specifically it is the Visa Condor check which is quite a different breed than the other namechecks. It may begin at the NVC or at the consulate -- depends on the procedures for the consulate. Some consulates prefer that NVC do the namecheck while others will only do the namecheck once the interview has been conducted.

The alien name is submitted electronically to the FBI. The FBI does the namecheck then submits the results to DOS. DOS then submits the results to the embassy (but does not update their system). Embassy inputs the results which then update the DOS databases. There have been numerous cases where the results were in effect lost between DOS and Embassy. The embassy then resubmits the name again, the computer kicks the name to a log file, which is suppose to be reviewed manually by DOS. However, I have not heard of any successful stories on DOS reviewing the log file. The errors are normally caught because people get tired of waiting and contact the FBI Namecheck Divisioin personally and find out that their namecheck was completed 4, 5, or 6 months previously -- this is also known as the blackhole.

Sometimes the embassy staff or NVC submit the name incorrectly. Same thing happens. The name goes to a log file, which is suppose to be reviewed and resubmitted by DOS, but from my personal knowledge this has not happened -- it creates a blackhole again. Such was the case with Richard III.

The good news is if your husband is not from one of these countries then you have nothing to worry about. If he is from one of the countries, then stay on top of it. Ask the consulate when the Visa Condor is done. Allow 4 weeks for FBI to process then call FBI to find out where they are in the process. The visa condor is normally finished within 30 days.

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
OK, I've found the post I was talking about. Note the third paragraph.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Rete,

With the Visa Condor, yes it is true. The namecheck is only good for one year per FBI guidelines.

Additionally, some countries require fingerprints just because they are males, living or born in a middle eastern countries -- in fact some of the countries are now doing fingerprinting females on the same basis. This totally is dependent what the consulate wants to do.

I guess what we would call the normal namechecks, these are done on all aliens regardless of what country they are from, do not have these restrictions -- which is probably what you are referring to.

Originally posted by Rete
No there is no truth in what you heard. Truly false. As I attempted to point out earlier, the name check(s) are done over and over and over again from one stage of the process to the next. The K-3 for instance is name checked by the NVC and the US Consulate and probably the NBC as well. This all occurs within a few months of each other. A namecheck, unlike fingerprints, is not good for a particular timeframe. Fingerprints are good for 15 months.

Rete
Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Leslie,

The Visa Condor procedures, which is what Heba is referring to, cannot handle resubmissions -- according to the FBI. Resubmissions would "bog" down the 26 databases that the system checks to the point that no one could be cleared. This is why they created an "exception file" or log that is returned to DOS with all the names that have been either resubmitted or submitted incorrectly.

Originally posted by Leslie66
I meant why WOULDN'T that be good for a year.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

According to the report by Garrity, duplicates are not checked for 120 days now -- meaning if the namecheck has already been submitted then the name will not be rechecked for 120 days. Instead the name will go to the log file and returned to State.

Robert Garrity report July10, 2003:

"Duplicate submissions (i.e., identically spelled names with identical dates of birth submitted within the last 120 days) are not checked and the duplicate findings are returned to State."
Old Jan 13th 2004, 1:19 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks jg. Very interesting stuff.

Well then the burning question would be. Is Egypt included in the list of targeted countries? That is where Heba's husband is from.

Leslie

Leslie,

The Visa Condor procedures, which is what Heba is referring to, cannot handle resubmissions -- according to the FBI. Resubmissions would "bog" down the 26 databases that the system checks to the point that no one could be cleared. This is why they created an "exception file" or log that is returned to DOS with all the names that have been either resubmitted or submitted incorrectly.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 1:22 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

According to the report by Garrity, duplicates are not checked for 120 days now -- meaning if the namecheck has already been submitted then the name will not be rechecked for 120 days. Instead the name will go to the log file and returned to State.

Robert Garrity report July10, 2003:

"Duplicate submissions (i.e., identically spelled names with identical dates of birth submitted within the last 120 days) are not checked and the duplicate findings are returned to State."
How do you know all these stuff?, That was such an interesting reading
I feel dumb now lol
Hi Leslie
Old Jan 13th 2004, 3:03 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Oh, thanks for the clarification. I've already sent an email to the consulate asking them if they started the namecheck. I was just concerned that if they had already started it for the K3, a problem would arise if the NVC decided to do the same check for the IV. In this case, I could ask them to cross-reference my two cases?
Heba,

If your fiancee/spouse is from one of the "targetted" countries, such as Cuba, China, Russia, or one of the Middle Eastern countries, the name check can get "lost". Specifically it is the Visa Condor check which is quite a different breed than the other namechecks. It may begin at the NVC or at the consulate -- depends on the procedures for the consulate. Some consulates prefer that NVC do the namecheck while others will only do the namecheck once the interview has been conducted.

The alien name is submitted electronically to the FBI. The FBI does the namecheck then submits the results to DOS. DOS then submits the results to the embassy (but does not update their system). Embassy inputs the results which then update the DOS databases. There have been numerous cases where the results were in effect lost between DOS and Embassy. The embassy then resubmits the name again, the computer kicks the name to a log file, which is suppose to be reviewed manually by DOS. However, I have not heard of any successful stories on DOS reviewing the log file. The errors are normally caught because people get tired of waiting and contact the FBI Namecheck Divisioin personally and find out that their namecheck was completed 4, 5, or 6 months previously -- this is also known as the blackhole.

Sometimes the embassy staff or NVC submit the name incorrectly. Same thing happens. The name goes to a log file, which is suppose to be reviewed and resubmitted by DOS, but from my personal knowledge this has not happened -- it creates a blackhole again. Such was the case with Richard III.

The good news is if your husband is not from one of these countries then you have nothing to worry about. If he is from one of the countries, then stay on top of it. Ask the consulate when the Visa Condor is done. Allow 4 weeks for FBI to process then call FBI to find out where they are in the process. The visa condor is normally finished within 30 days.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:41 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Oh, thanks for the clarification. I've already sent an email to the consulate asking them if they started the namecheck. I was just concerned that if they had already started it for the K3, a problem would arise if the NVC decided to do the same check for the IV. In this case, I could ask them to cross-reference my two cases?
Heba,

Is Egypt effected by Condor?

Leslie
Old Jan 13th 2004, 6:26 am
Overworked and exhausted

Heba,

Leslie
I think so. Isn't that what the administrative processing is for?
Old Jan 13th 2004, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, Egypt is under the Visa Condor checks.

Heba,

Leslie
Old Jan 13th 2004, 2:57 pm
WTF?

Yes, Egypt is under the Visa Condor checks.

So sorry to hear that.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear that.
Just curious is Turkey one of those countries as well.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by tmushen
Just curious is Turkey one of those countries as well.
http://usinfo.state.gov/topical/pol/terror/02092406.htm

Check this link out. I don't see Egypt in that list.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by tmushen
http://usinfo.state.gov/topical/pol/terror/02092406.htm

Check this link out. I don't see Egypt in that list.
Forgey my list post as I found the news myself:

Citizens, nationals and permanent residents of the following countries are subject to the additional clearance process: Afghanistan; Algeria; Bahrain; Djibouti; Egypt; Eritrea; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Malaysia; Morocco; Oman; Pakistan; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Somalia; Sudan; Syria; Tunisia; Turkey; the United Arab Emirates; and Yemen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.