Reload this Page >

N400 And streamlined disclosure

N400 And streamlined disclosure

Old Apr 29th 2018, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Vidt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N400 And streamlined disclosure

Hi, All

Last year I became aware that the accounts from the UK need to be reported in the US. After much guidance, I went through the streamlined disclosure process though an accountant, completed everything and paid the penalty of 5%. Happy to say that I am fully compliant now.

I am now filing for n400, through marriage. I've been in the country over 10 years, no other issues other than being unaware of the reporting of foreign accounts.

Has anyone had any experience with this while trying to get citizenship? Recommendations if any?

Thanks
Old Apr 30th 2018, 11:37 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 And streamlined disclosure

Since you have now reported it, and paid the appropriate penalty, I can't think that it will be a problem. I think you can safely answer 'no' to the tax question.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Vidt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by civilservant
Since you have now reported it, and paid the appropriate penalty, I can't think that it will be a problem. I think you can safely answer 'no' to the tax question.
Thank you. Were you saying that you don't think it will be a problem?
Old Apr 30th 2018, 1:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Originally Posted by Vidt
Thank you. Were you saying that you don't think it will be a problem?
That's what I read.