N400 process

Old Feb 29th 2020, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

mv72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N400 process

If applying based on marriage to a USC under the 3 year rule do you need to apply exactly at the 3 year mark or can you apply after this (if waiting on RoC to be approved first)

Additionally, when applying under the 3 year rule am I correct in saying that you list 3 years of work/ address history? ....if completing the form after 3.5/4 years of residency you would complete the work/address history for the 3 years immediately prior to completing the form as your application is based on marriage to a USC?

1) Related to the above question when completing this do people score out the 5 and write in 3 if sending a paper copy ..or when sending via mail is there an official additional page to include "past immediate 3 years of work/address history prior to completing form on mm/dd/yyyy due to application based on marriage to USC"
2) Is it better to wait get the 10 year GC first then apply and does applying for the N400 speed up or delay the process of getting the ROC processed?
3) Are newer n400 applicants being processed faster than the existing backlog?

All replies from those who are familiar with this process would be greatly appreciated!

Old Mar 1st 2020, 1:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 process

Originally Posted by mv72
If applying based on marriage to a USC under the 3 year rule do you need to apply exactly at the 3 year mark or can you apply after this (if waiting on RoC to be approved first)

Additionally, when applying under the 3 year rule am I correct in saying that you list 3 years of work/ address history? ....if completing the form after 3.5/4 years of residency you would complete the work/address history for the 3 years immediately prior to completing the form as your application is based on marriage to a USC?
Yes, if it asks for 5 years of information, you need only give the last three. Also you can apply before the approval of the removal of conditions. You can apply for naturalization based on marriage to a USC at any point after the third year of your green card status and third wedding anniversary

1) Related to the above question when completing this do people score out the 5 and write in 3 if sending a paper copy ..or when sending via mail is there an official additional page to include "past immediate 3 years of work/address history prior to completing form on mm/dd/yyyy due to application based on marriage to USC"
2) Is it better to wait get the 10 year GC first then apply and does applying for the N400 speed up or delay the process of getting the ROC processed?
Q #1 was answered above.

Q#2 At one point it sped up the adjudication of the I-751 but that is not the case today.

3) Are newer n400 applicants being processed faster than the existing backlog?

All replies from those who are familiar with this process would be greatly appreciated!

It appears that applying via the internet gets faster response than by mail does.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply Rete much appreciated, I replied below
Originally Posted by Rete
Yes, if it asks for 5 years of information, you need only give the last three. Also you can apply before the approval of the removal of conditions. You can apply for naturalization based on marriage to a USC at any point after the third year of your green card status and third wedding anniversary

I see so whether applying at 3.5 year or 4 years of being a PR you would just include the prior 3 years of work/address history at time of completing the application. Is there anywhere that you would need to write 3 instead of 5 on the form or is it advised to just provide an additional piece of paper stating "proving the immediate past 3 years work/address history as application is based on marriage to USC through 3 year rule"

Q #1 was answered above.

Q#2 At one point it sped up the adjudication of the I-751 but that is not the case today.

​​​​I understand, I was reading that if both are in process they can interview you for both at the same time with the I-751 being first and then the N400 right after.

It appears that applying via the internet gets faster response than by mail does.
​​​​​​
I assume if applying by mail ,copies of evidence such as marriage certificate etc are accepted since you would be uploading copies if applying online anyways and the originals can be provided at the interview OR should you include originals if sending the application by mail?
Old Mar 1st 2020, 10:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mv72
Thanks for the reply Rete much appreciated, I replied below

I see so whether applying at 3.5 year or 4 years of being a PR you would just include the prior 3 years of work/address history at time of completing the application. Is there anywhere that you would need to write 3 instead of 5 on the form or is it advised to just provide an additional piece of paper stating "proving the immediate past 3 years work/address history as application is based on marriage to USC through 3 year rule"
Yes, that is correct.

​​​​I understand, I was reading that if both are in process they can interview you for both at the same time with the I-751 being first and then the N400 right after.
They can only do that IF they have a copy of your I-751 and its evidence at the time of the Naturalization interview. I'm 99% positive they will not have it.

​​​​​​
I assume if applying by mail ,copies of evidence such as marriage certificate etc are accepted since you would be uploading copies if applying online anyways and the originals can be provided at the interview OR should you include originals if sending the application by mail?
NEVER send originals to the USCIS for any application. Only send copies and bring the originals to the interview. Yes, your evidence will be mailed with your application.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes, that is correct.
Thanks for the reply Rete! , to confirm on the form is it advised to write 3 and score out the 5 for the work/address history part in addition to providing the letter stating that work/address history is based on the past 3 years prior to completing the form or is the additional letter suffice itself?
Old Mar 1st 2020, 11:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

We crossed out 5 and wrote 3.

Rene