Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 while I-751 still pending at TSC?

Wikiposts

N-400 while I-751 still pending at TSC?

Old May 2nd 2002, 11:10 am
Eloy And Monica

Default N-400 while I-751 still pending at TSC?

Hi,

I have seen posts here that say that certain service centers accept Naturalization
applications (N-400) while the I-751 is still pending.

Is the Texas Service Center one of these?

In another order of ideas, we're having trouble with out I-751: our application was
relocated from the VSC to the TSC because we moved out after we had filed the I-751
to a state where the VSC has no jurisdiction over. Two months have passed since we
got the letter from the VSC and we haven't heard anything from the TSC. We're worried
that our application got lost somewhere during the relocation of the case.

I have programmed my computer to dial the customer service (if that can be called
'customer service') number of the TSC but it is impossible: last week, in two
mornings the computer dialed about 1000 times (at a very fast rate between attempts)
and it was impossible to get in. I tried faxing a inquiry during the weekend but no
fax picked up the call. Last thing we tried was sending a letter in the mail. Let's
see if that does anything. So far this I-751 process has been a real frustration.

Anyway, I guess the important question we'd like help with is the one about the
N-400. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Eloy and Monica.-