Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The guy who sent out your notice probably didn't bother to update the letter template he used and left someone else's old information in there.

Ian
Makes sense Ian.

Just waiting, the average time after your due date, when you take advantage of the 90 day early bit, is two months after your due date, in my case April 12th 2011.

Looking forward to that.

Mick.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of
Default Re: N Post your individual journey please!

Originally Posted by lansbury
Yesterday I had a meeting to discuss forming a committee to consider the feasibility of organizing a task force to review the options put forward by the library board to enlarge the library. Which we have no money to do.

In the evening I represented the City of Milwaukie on the board of the Metro Regional Water Providers Consortium.

This afternoon I meet with the city manager and attorney to discuss Clackamas County sewer rates for the next few years, and review the negotiations we have had on the subject over the past 2 years.

Why do I never see such mentioned on this board as one of the advantages of citizenship?
Well this is true...
One of the several reasons why im going for usc to vote out them muppets down my city..
Just payed a whopping $1500 property tax today and they say on my invoice that $850 goes towards schools when it seems like every other day my kids comes home with yet another Fund raiser for there schools..
Don't get me started on another fee my city is charging a friggen storm water fee also..
Once i become a usc im going to get more involved and ask questions of where all this money is going..cas it surely not going towards schools ect..
where's the Florida lotto money going? its a racket i tell ya...

Im sure they pluck up rabbits from there arse holes to make up such fees
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N Post your individual journey please!

Originally Posted by jaxslad
Well this is true...
One of the several reasons why im going for usc to vote out them muppets down my city..
Just payed a whopping $1500 property tax today and they say on my invoice that $850 goes towards schools when it seems like every other day my kids comes home with yet another Fund raiser for there schools..
Don't get me started on another fee my city is charging a friggen storm water fee also..
Once i become a usc im going to get more involved and ask questions of where all this money is going..cas it surely not going towards schools ect..
where's the Florida lotto money going? its a racket i tell ya...

Im sure they pluck up rabbits from there arse holes to make up such fees
Only $1500?? Think yourself lucky
Old Feb 8th 2011, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

jon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I would not be worried never heard of bring your DL ......I would get an infopass and see whats going to on rest your own mind!
Thanks for the reply. I didn't get round to doing anything about it, but got a text update yesterday saying my case was transferred to local office and interview date would be scheduled
Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jon_nyc
Thanks for the reply. I didn't get round to doing anything about it, but got a text update yesterday saying my case was transferred to local office and interview date would be scheduled
Exiting, Right?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:18 pm
Yorkshire Lass in ATX

BritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really nice
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

I sent off my N-400 application last Thursday (Feb 3rd) - saw via the USPS it had arrived on Feb 6th. Not that I expect it any time soon - but how long do you think it will take before I get that lovely text saying they've accepted it?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritKat
I sent off my N-400 application last Thursday (Feb 3rd) - saw via the USPS it had arrived on Feb 6th. Not that I expect it any time soon - but how long do you think it will take before I get that lovely text saying they've accepted it?
I don't know how long it will take to get a text message, but the NOA usually comes in the mail within a month.

Rene
Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:23 am
Yorkshire Lass in ATX

BritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't know how long it will take to get a text message, but the NOA usually comes in the mail within a month.

Rene
Thank you... I'll just sit back and wait
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:40 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BritKat
Mine came in after about 10 days, but, obviously, don't take anybody's experience as your personal guideline. These things are so variable.

These are my dates so far:

11/30 . Sent N-400 Application for Naturalization
12/2 . USPS delivery confirmation: packet arrived at AZ
12/7 . Check cashed
12/10 . NOA arrives (received date and priority date 12/2, notice date 12/6)
1/7 . Email saying I will get an RFE
1/10 . Biometrics notice (dated 1/7, appointment for 2/2)
Old Feb 10th 2011, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

jon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to alljon_nyc is a name known to all

Got my interview letter today, March 16th

The venue is out in Garden City, Nassau County though? Any NYC area people around, is that usual. I'm in Brooklyn, been here for over 10 years and never needed a car - but looks like my choices for getting there are a convoluted 2.5 hour trip by public transport or a very expensive taxi ride? There isn't space in the city for interviews??
Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jon_nyc
Got my interview letter today, March 16th

The venue is out in Garden City, Nassau County though? Any NYC area people around, is that usual. I'm in Brooklyn, been here for over 10 years and never needed a car - but looks like my choices for getting there are a convoluted 2.5 hour trip by public transport or a very expensive taxi ride? There isn't space in the city for interviews??
As it turns out, I could have just asked my wife who had her interview 10 years ago and went to the same place
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:55 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Well things are moving quickly.

Application posted 02/01/11
NOA received 02/12/11
Biometrics letter received 02/17/11
Biometrics appointment 03/03/11
Old Feb 19th 2011, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
Well things are moving quickly.

Application posted 02/01/11
NOA received 02/12/11
Biometrics letter received 02/17/11
Biometrics appointment 03/03/11
Great news.. If your close to the place where you have your F.P done , see if they allow you to do a walk-in before your sceduled date it may speed up things also..

I did a walk-in 2 feb so now the wait for interveiw letter for me..Not sure how long that be tho..

Good luck
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:27 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

I had my biometrics taken today. Tricky part is, I'll relocate to a different state in about a month.

Let's see if I get the appointment before that or if I need to move the whole process to the new address.

Good luck everyone!
Old Feb 25th 2011, 4:33 pm
Yorkshire Lass in ATX

Got my biometrics appointment for 3/2/11

Even better it's about 5 minutes from my house!

I'm in Austin, I wonder if I'll have to go to San Antonio for my interview (like when I got my GC) or Houston like when my husband got his Citizenship in 1999?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.