Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Sep 23rd 2011, 9:41 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An update!

Originally Posted by milan79
Thank you Sultan... It's at the Courthouse. My question is anyone with Oath at the Courthouse and can provide me with how the process goes? Music, speech, etc.. When and how you get the Certificate and are they doing any background checks before they hand you out the Certificate? Thank you.
Seems to be a similar pattern to most of them. Mine was at the Chicago USCIS office though, not a courthouse, but I handed in my greencards, was given an envelope with some info, assigned a seat number and proceeded to the room where they did the ceremony. Was a little talk, they played some awful cheesy country song, had all the nationalities stand up and then began presenting the certificates.

No background checks at the ceremony, you're done with those now.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 12:58 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Sultan... It's at the Courthouse. My question is anyone with Oath at the Courthouse and can provide me with how the process goes? Music, speech, etc.. When and how you get the Certificate and are they doing any background checks before they hand you out the Certificate? Thank you.
Why you thinking of having a conviction or commiting a crime between now and then!!....if you look I seem to recall it does state that if you recieve any tickets, arrests etc before the ceremony you have to inform them!!

It seems after reading folks Oath Ceremony days they are all slighty different mind was bloody awful, but I seem to remember that Noorah had a wonderful day and a few others said that it was very pleasant how the process went!!
Old Sep 24th 2011, 1:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Why you thinking of having a conviction or commiting a crime between now and then!!....if you look I seem to recall it does state that if you recieve any tickets, arrests etc before the ceremony you have to inform them!!

It seems after reading folks Oath Ceremony days they are all slighty different mind was bloody awful, but I seem to remember that Noorah had a wonderful day and a few others said that it was very pleasant how the process went!!
Yep, ours was great! I didn't realize you had a bad oath day, Poppy Sorry to hear it.

Rene
Old Sep 24th 2011, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

No Poppy no crimes, I was just curious how the process goes. Poppy u had bad oath?
Old Sep 24th 2011, 2:14 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

No Poppy no crimes, I was just curious how the process goes. Poppy u had bad oath?
Yep its all in this thread somewhere it was boring, hundreds of folk there the smell from the bog was horrendous drifted into the hall, the guy next to me farted his brains out...it was tacky and nasty (the ceremony not the farts ) I was there in body but not mind (never a problem for me lol) and I was one of the if not the 1st to make head way for the door when it was over and driving up the freeway...hated the whole day.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 2:51 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Yep its all in this thread somewhere it was boring, hundreds of folk there the smell from the bog was horrendous drifted into the hall, the guy next to me farted his brains out...it was tacky and nasty (the ceremony not the farts ) I was there in body but not mind (never a problem for me lol) and I was one of the if not the 1st to make head way for the door when it was over and driving up the freeway...hated the whole day.
I plan on farting at my oath ceremony. Any particular tips?
Old Sep 24th 2011, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob
I plan on farting at my oath ceremony. Any particular tips?
Lot's of sprouts the night before to prepare!!
Old Sep 25th 2011, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am freaking out. Please help!

When I had my N-400 interview I told the IO that I changed my mind about the name change and that I would rather have my old name she said ok I will change it to your old name. However, today I am thinking why is my Oath Ceremony at the Courthouse. I've read somewhere that only Oath ceremonies requested name change are held in courts is that true? But at the end of my N-400 interview when I was signing everything all the papers had my Old name. Oh god I hope they didn't change my name. It's a month away do you guys think its not too late to make an Infopass and check if they DID NOT change my name? Thank you.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 12:31 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am freaking out. Please help!

I've read somewhere that only Oath ceremonies requested name change are held in courts is that true?
My Oath Ceremony was held in a court - with a Federal judge and everything... but I certainly never requested a name change. However, there were several other people there who had requested a name change. I'm willing to bet good money that someone else in your group has requested a name change.

Ian
Old Sep 26th 2011, 12:43 am

When I had my N-400 interview I told the IO that I changed my mind about the name change and that I would rather have my old name she said ok I will change it to your old name. However, today I am thinking why is my Oath Ceremony at the Courthouse. I've read somewhere that only Oath ceremonies requested name change are held in courts is that true? But at the end of my N-400 interview when I was signing everything all the papers had my Old name. Oh god I hope they didn't change my name. It's a month away do you guys think its not too late to make an Infopass and check if they DID NOT change my name? Thank you.
If it is incorrect it will cost you between $300-$400 bucks to change to what you want!!!
I would not go pissing them off mate leave well alone, I wanted to change mine as well after the interview, but did not bother, I was still able to obtain a passport in the old name and a DL....my cert has the name I did not want and I have no idea where I have put that, the only document that changed was my tax file name!!......in my case it was like going from Poppy to Poppie...depends how big the change is for you!!
Old Sep 26th 2011, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
My Oath Ceremony was held in a court - with a Federal judge and everything... but I certainly never requested a name change. However, there were several other people there who had requested a name change. I'm willing to bet good money that someone else in your group has requested a name change.

Ian
Thanks for that info Poppy-Poppie LOL and Ian. I really hope that she changed it to my old name . She even asked me 3 times if I want to change it back to my old name and print out everything with my old name on it. If she didn't oh well, I am not going to pay 300-400 dollars to change it again.So the day I will get my certificate I can say I am a US citizen right Poppy?
Old Sep 26th 2011, 2:29 pm

Thanks for that info Poppy-Poppie LOL and Ian. I really hope that she changed it to my old name . She even asked me 3 times if I want to change it back to my old name and print out everything with my old name on it. If she didn't oh well, I am not going to pay 300-400 dollars to change it again.So the day I will get my certificate I can say I am a US citizen right Poppy?
Yes and not a day before young man!!
Old Sep 26th 2011, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Previously...

May 23, 2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix (UPS)
May 24, 2011 - Delivery confirmation
May 27, 2011 - Check cashed
May 28, 2011 - Receipt received in the mail
June 15, 2011 - email update, a fingerprint appointment letter has been sent
June 17, 2011 - appointment letter says wait until July 11, 2011
July 13, 2011 - email update, application was placed in line for interview scheduling
August 2, 2011 - email update, interview has been scheduled
August 5, 2011 - appointment letter received, set for September 7, 2011 (clashes with vacation)
Rather than canceling the expensive Hawaiian vacation, I decided to reschedule the Naturalization Interview with all the risk that entailed! I sent back the original appointment letter along with a very short letter requesting a reschedule, I also included a copy of my flight itinerary as evidence. I'll skip the bit where I panicked a bit after not hearing a response then getting an Infopass appointment then canceling it after getting responses the next day. But it essentially played out as follows:

August 5, 2011 - letter sent in with appointment letter and flight itinerary
August 8, 2011 - confirmed delivery of my letter
August 12, 2011 - letter from PHX office confirming request to reschedule
August 17, 2011 - USCIS notice received confirming cancelled appointment
September 8, 2011 - email update, I'm back in line for scheduling
September 21, 2011 - email update, interview has been scheduled
September 26, 2011 - appointment letter received, set for October 26, 2011
So, I lost about 1.5 months. Not too bad considering. The interesting thing is that in the time from August 17th to now, the Phoenix Field office has moved from North Central Ave to South 16th Street (confirmed on uscis.gov)!!!!
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:21 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

I passed my interview and test but got an RFE on May 15th. Submitted my evidence on June 2. Still haven't heard back a peep.

Starting to worry...
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:50 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bequibar
I passed my interview and test but got an RFE on May 15th. Submitted my evidence on June 2. Still haven't heard back a peep.

Starting to worry...
What did they ask for? I'm sure you will be OK - USCIS aren't exactly known for being speedy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.