Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

My letter came last Sat; Interview date is April 4-2011.
33 days to go, WOW!

It states on that date, show up, on time. No more than 30 Minutes prior too.

A N-659 check list, one item, although not required, bring two passport size photos? What is that about? Also your other Passports etc.

It's going fast!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:42 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mick1935
My letter came last Sat; Interview date is April 4-2011.
33 days to go, WOW!

It states on that date, show up, on time. No more than 30 Minutes prior too.

A N-659 check list, one item, although not required, bring two passport size photos? What is that about? Also your other Passports etc.

It's going fast!
They need the pic for your Naturalization cert, it has your mug shot on it forever, so make sure you look spiffy
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
They need the pic for your Naturalization cert, it has your mug shot on it forever, so make sure you look spiffy
Thank you Poppy Girl, good advice. Irish Sports Coat, tweed. Collar and tie.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:44 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Poppy Girl, good advice. Irish Sports Coat, tweed. Collar and tie.
Thats about as spiffy as it gets
Old Mar 4th 2011, 4:38 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

400 mile round trip today for the obligatory 5 minute biometric appointment in New Orleans, off to blighty next week to take advantage of this window of opportunity in the proceedings.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

mykiddiewinks is an unknown quantity at this point

We filed our N-400 right before Thanksgiving 2010, had biometrics done January 13th and today we have received our letter to go for the interview on April 5th.

For anyone that has already done the interview how long did it take? Our appointment is the week our kids have off for spring break so we will have to take them with us, they are 10 and 12 so wont be a disruption to anyone, just want to have an idea how long we will be there for. Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:57 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mykiddiewinks
We filed our N-400 right before Thanksgiving 2010, had biometrics done January 13th and today we have received our letter to go for the interview on April 5th.

For anyone that has already done the interview how long did it take? Our appointment is the week our kids have off for spring break so we will have to take them with us, they are 10 and 12 so wont be a disruption to anyone, just want to have an idea how long we will be there for. Thanks
Allow about 15-20 minutes for the interview itself but there's no way to know how long you will have to wait to be called. It was about half an hour for me, but they were actually running about 45 minutes behind schedule. Yes - I was 15 minutes late but it turned out not to be a problem
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:57 pm

Depends how much they are going to go over with you I was there over an hour, some are in and out in 20mins.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Got my interveiw the same day....i wish you luck...
Old Mar 13th 2011, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Application received March 1st. Biometrics appt letter received yesterday. All set for March 28th 9:00AM.

Only smallest of hiccups is that the biometrics appt letter has my middle name as "STEPEEN". It's Stephen

My acknowledgment letter says to check my personal details and contact them if anything is wrong, but on that they put my middle initial only i.e. S.

Assume nothing to worry about and someone with half a brain will correct it at some point during the process. Or maybe it's only my local office that did the typo? Not sure it's worth a phone call to the mis-information line
Old Mar 13th 2011, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Assume nothing to worry about and someone with half a brain will correct it at some point during the process.
Correct it at your interview. Don't worry about it for now.

Ian
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:04 am
Yorkshire Lass in ATX

BritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really nice

Can I ask - how far in advance of the actual interview did you all get your interview letters/appointments?

I ask because I'm in Florida for a couple of weeks at the end of May and didn't want it to arrive the day I left and the interview be within that two weeks I'm gone... or some crazy scenario like that!

Biometrics are all out of the way - just waiting on the interview appointment.

Thanks.... K
Old Mar 14th 2011, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Reference me,

Letter to inform-- Dated Feb. 23- 2011, date for interview, April 4th. April the 12th is my 5 year anniversary.

Not too close, yes?

And take two classy photos, for Naturalization Certificate, me, collar and tie, very neat hair, and beard. Irish sports coat. Just taken today. I would hire me!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 2:45 am
Yorkshire Lass in ATX

BritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really niceBritKat is just really nice

Reference me,

Letter to inform-- Dated Feb. 23- 2011, date for interview, April 4th. April the 12th is my 5 year anniversary.

Not too close, yes?

And take two classy photos, for Naturalization Certificate, me, collar and tie, very neat hair, and beard. Irish sports coat. Just taken today. I would hire me!
Two on top of the two sent in the application?

Thanks for the info - about 5 weeks in advance.....

Congrats.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

griffy76 is just really nicegriffy76 is just really nicegriffy76 is just really nicegriffy76 is just really nicegriffy76 is just really nicegriffy76 is just really nicegriffy76 is just really nicegriffy76 is just really nice

My husband and I applied for n-400 at the beginning of March. We just got our dates for biometric testing (April 1st). My husband will be out of town on the biometrics test date, so he needs to reschedule. If I go for the biometrics test on a different day to my other half will this affect the rest of our dates for interview, oath ceremony etc? Thanks for your replies.

I know I could reschedule my date too, but my schedule is just as crazy as his, and this date works great for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.