Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Jun 16th 2012, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Originally Posted by BellaE
I am getting worried.
This is one of the problems when trying to reschedule. The new date may be a few weeks after the original date... or many months later. Once it's rescheduled, you'll probably get a notice about it.

Ian
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Magpie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just popping in to say i finally have received my interview date for July 5th. I just want to get this over and done with now it seams that its been dragging on for ever.

My time line so far.

Sent paperwork in in January this year.
Biometrics in early Feb.
Interview July 5th.

I think i can quote that darn cd word for word:
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:47 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I had an interview scheduled for yesterday, which I asked to have re-scheduled as soon as I received the notice, as I was traveling on business. In the letter I also told them two other weeks that I would be out of state. I have had a notice saying they canceled my interview for the 14th, but not a peep since regarding a new interview date. My friend's husband who also had to reschedule an interview got a new appointment pretty quickly, so since it has been nearly a month, I am getting worried.
Was it the same office, there is a pretty good variation between all the offices. I've seen in mentioned that if you cancel you can expect to wait as long as it took to get the original appointment. In your case they may be waiting until they are scheduling appointments passed the other weeks you asked to avoid. They just might not been scheduling that far out yet at that office. If you are really concerned make an Info-Pass appointment at the office and double check all is OK.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Magpie1

I think i can quote that darn cd word for word

Where does one get that CD?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

BellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Was it the same office, there is a pretty good variation between all the offices. I've seen in mentioned that if you cancel you can expect to wait as long as it took to get the original appointment. In your case they may be waiting until they are scheduling appointments passed the other weeks you asked to avoid. They just might not been scheduling that far out yet at that office. If you are really concerned make an Info-Pass appointment at the office and double check all is OK.
They were both the Philadelphia office. I think you are right - they are waiting until after the weeks I am away. On the website, it says my interview is being scheduled. Problem is, my assistant is trying to plan my next set of business trips...oh well....
Old Jun 21st 2012, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

BellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmood
You get it when you go for your biometrics.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 7:36 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

They were both the Philadelphia office. I think you are right - they are waiting until after the weeks I am away. On the website, it says my interview is being scheduled. Problem is, my assistant is trying to plan my next set of business trips...oh well....
If you don't have a long trip to get to that office I would be inclined to get an Info-Pass appointment, and see if you can sort something out.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmood
One locates the link at www.uscis.gov and then subsequently gets it.

Ian
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:07 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

My Case status was finally updated on Thursday, to 'in line for Oath Ceremony scheduling'.... Hopefully not too long until the big day now!

PS: Ian..... I was googling 'Naturalization ceremony Lexington ky' ... and I think I came across your old blog!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by clarissageo
PS: Ian..... I was googling 'Naturalization ceremony Lexington ky' ... and I think I came across your old blog!!!
Yes... quite likely. On Monday, I'll have been a USC for exactly 8 years!

Ian
Old Jul 5th 2012, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi Folks I went to my interview today and everything went ok six out of six questions answered correctly and they then reviewed the application.

I was then told that it could be 30 to sixty days to the ceremony due to staff shortages at the local office and to keep an eye out for the letter.

Hoping it does not go the 60 days as that will be nine months since i started this process.

Just wanting to get it over and done with now.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

I had an interview scheduled for yesterday, which I asked to have re-scheduled as soon as I received the notice, as I was traveling on business. In the letter I also told them two other weeks that I would be out of state. I have had a notice saying they canceled my interview for the 14th, but not a peep since regarding a new interview date. My friend's husband who also had to reschedule an interview got a new appointment pretty quickly, so since it has been nearly a month, I am getting worried.
(My interview was originally scheduled on June 14th.) Got a notice yesterday that my interview is now scheduled for August 13th. Now what is the name of that ocean on the East Coast of the US?
Old Jul 14th 2012, 3:52 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

All done and dusted! Today my relationship with USCIS was finally over (for now )

At 11am today, along with 49 other people from 30 different countries, I became a US Citizen. The ceremony was held in Lexington, KY. It was a fabulous experience!

Right from when we first arrived, all of the staff members were happy and smiley, super helpful, and made the whole day really pleasurable.

Once we got out of the holding room and into the courtroom, after the pledge of allegiance was said, the judge did his introductions, motions were filed by the US Attorney General, and the judge then asked each one of us to stand, state our name, where we were originally from, and where we lived now. I was really surprised to see no less than FIVE people from the town that I live in..... We could have car pooled!!

They didn't play the national anthem, which I was a little bit disappointed in....

Went on to take the oath (and yes, I did get a little teary eyed), and then followed by some guest speakers, and the judge did a little piece, talking about how we had all taken the big step of leaving everything behind that is familiar to us, to give our own families the chance to experience the freedoms that Americans take for granted (this really hit home for me, one of the main reasons I went for citizenship was so my twins could have the benefit of being 'grandfathered in'), then he called us all to get our certificates and we went along the line of speakers and officials who all congratulated us.

Once we were done, we were all STARVING... we'd set off at 7am, so we dived into some Long John Silvers, and then tonight we went out to a BBQ restaurant with our closest friends for dinner The certificate has already been color copied and put in a safe place, with a copy framed and hanging on my living room wall

Next stop... passport application!

Everyone on this forum has been so so helpful over the last 5 years since my journey began, and I thank you SOOOO much!
Attached Thumbnails N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011-177473_10150943976853295_75737694_o.jpg   N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011-photo-1-.jpg   N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011-new-yanks.jpg  
Old Jul 14th 2012, 11:46 am
Account Closed

At 11am today, along with 49 other people from 30 different countries, I became a US Citizen. The ceremony was held in Lexington, KY. It was a fabulous experience!
I also naturalized in Lexington (2004) ... it's a lovely courthouse! Congratulations on reaching the end of the journey! Warms my heart!

Ian
Old Jul 14th 2012, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

All done and dusted! Today my relationship with USCIS was finally over (for now )

Right from when we first arrived, all of the staff members were happy and smiley, super helpful, and made the whole day really pleasurable.

Once we got out of the holding room and into the courtroom, after the pledge of allegiance was said, the judge did his introductions, motions were filed by the US Attorney General, and the judge then asked each one of us to stand, state our name, where we were originally from, and where we lived now. I was really surprised to see no less than FIVE people from the town that I live in..... We could have car pooled!!

They didn't play the national anthem, which I was a little bit disappointed in....

Went on to take the oath (and yes, I did get a little teary eyed), and then followed by some guest speakers, and the judge did a little piece, talking about how we had all taken the big step of leaving everything behind that is familiar to us, to give our own families the chance to experience the freedoms that Americans take for granted (this really hit home for me, one of the main reasons I went for citizenship was so my twins could have the benefit of being 'grandfathered in'), then he called us all to get our certificates and we went along the line of speakers and officials who all congratulated us.

Once we were done, we were all STARVING... we'd set off at 7am, so we dived into some Long John Silvers, and then tonight we went out to a BBQ restaurant with our closest friends for dinner The certificate has already been color copied and put in a safe place, with a copy framed and hanging on my living room wall

Next stop... passport application!

Everyone on this forum has been so so helpful over the last 5 years since my journey began, and I thank you SOOOO much!
Congratulations on becoming a citizen sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.