British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   N-400 Post your individual journey please! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/n-400-post-your-individual-journey-please-659069/)

Poppy girl Aug 3rd 2010 5:37 am

Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Originally Posted by Macca67 (Post 8750182)
Had the interview this morning. In and out in 20 mins. Lovely woman did the interviewing - helluva smokers cough, told me at least 30 a day and being nagged by her mother whose just given up and she's in her 80's.

Questions were:

1. What is freedom of religion?
2. A State that borders Canada?
3. Ocean on east coast of US?
4. When was Constitution written?
5. Number of US Senators?
6. Age for the Selective Service?

Was asked to write "We pay taxes", and read a short sentence. I read it then put it down, she said "please read it out aloud":lol:

Nice one :thumbsup:

Nyz Aug 3rd 2010 9:44 am

Congrats Macca:thumbup:

lansbury Aug 3rd 2010 10:24 am

Originally Posted by charleygirl (Post 8749745)
I thought about telling them this at the fingerprinting

No point the service centers where fingerprints are done are contracted out, no USCIS staff there. So very doubtful, if at all, anything would get passed on.

lansbury Aug 3rd 2010 10:26 am

Congratulations Macca just the fun bit to come.

candy wy. Aug 3rd 2010 10:38 am

Originally Posted by lansbury (Post 8750764)
No point the service centers where fingerprints are done are contracted out, no USCIS staff there. So very doubtful, if at all, anything would get passed on.

That is not 100% right. where I get my fingerprints done also has a uscis staff there... can not believe my office is the only one.

Poppy girl Aug 3rd 2010 11:07 am

OMG! I have forgotten to update my SS details in the system after all the passport who ha :eek:

charleygirl Aug 3rd 2010 11:42 am

Macca congratulations! I know all the answers to those questions:D
Thanks for the info lansbury and candy, i will just wait and see.

Poppy girl Aug 3rd 2010 11:43 am

Originally Posted by charleygirl (Post 8750885)

Candy is the next for the firing squad on Thursday :thumbsup:

candy wy. Aug 3rd 2010 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 8750886)
Candy is the next for the firing squad on Thursday :thumbsup:

some people have big gobs:sneaky: now if somthing goes wrong it will be your fault:p

candy wy. Aug 3rd 2010 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Macca67 (Post 8750182)
Had the interview this morning. In and out in 20 mins. Lovely woman did the interviewing - helluva smokers cough, told me at least 30 a day and being nagged by her mother whose just given up and she's in her 80's.

Questions were:

1. What is freedom of religion?
2. A State that borders Canada?
3. Ocean on east coast of US?
4. When was Constitution written?
5. Number of US Senators?
6. Age for the Selective Service?

Was asked to write "We pay taxes", and read a short sentence. I read it then put it down, she said "please read it out aloud":lol:

Congratulations..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

do you have to wait for oath ceremony notice?

charleygirl Aug 3rd 2010 1:09 pm

Candy Thursday?? Good luck and can you post your questions please. I just want to know that none of the obscure ones come up.......

Poppy girl Aug 3rd 2010 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by charleygirl (Post 8751019)
Candy Thursday?? Good luck and can you post your questions please. I just want to know that none of the obscure ones come up.......

LOL Its potluck on the day what she gets asked won't be the same as you ;) and yes you can get the tougher ones.

Macca67 Aug 3rd 2010 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 8750195)
Nice one :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by Nyz (Post 8750687)
Congrats Macca:thumbup:

Originally Posted by lansbury (Post 8750767)
Congratulations Macca just the fun bit to come.

Originally Posted by charleygirl (Post 8750885)

Originally Posted by candy wy. (Post 8750973)
Congratulations..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

do you have to wait for oath ceremony notice?

Appreciate the kind words.

I won't lie to you though it was a bit of a sweat beforehand. Didn't do a fraction of the swotting the Missus did for the questions and when we were testing each other she was usually tip-top with the answers - every time I put that CD on my mind was wandering after the 4th question. We both got asked a different set of questions but during my interview I could see the list the Interviewer was about to read from so as you'd imagine I was scanning through the first six in advance.

They only have one oath ceremony per month in Milwaukee. I was told at the end of the interview to expect an invitation for next month though it might slip into October.

charleygirl Aug 5th 2010 12:06 am

haha macca, I am a bit like that, put the CD in and start answering then suddenly look and it is on question 70!!!!!! haha and not been listening.
although not got my date yes I need to get listening again.
Candy good luck for today.

kins Aug 5th 2010 2:43 am

Originally Posted by charleygirl (Post 8749745)
I know I am amazed at myself......... there are just a couple that I just cant grasp, but when i get the interview date i will really work on them.
I am really hoping I get an interview date soon after my fingerprints, i go to the UK for 8 weeks Sept 22nd, I thought about telling them this at the fingerprinting but I think I will wait and see what happens, because I am assuming I can let them know I can not make a certain date. I may just get one for before I leave. The other option is to tell them and see if they give me one before I leave.

Just as a warning - you don't want to have your citizenship ceremony just before you go to the UK, because it won't leave you enough time to get a US passport, and if I remember rightly you have to travel into the US on a US passport once you're a citizen.

When I had my fingerprints done the officer told me that there was a 1-3 month wait for interviews, that was all she knew...