Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Old Mar 25th 2010, 5:30 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Originally Posted by Zonie
Checks cashed 3/24/10.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Extreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wordfool
I'd call your lawyer now... if they sent it in then I assume they sent it by courier or similar, which will at least confirm it was received by USCIS. If thay have no proof it was received then frankly I'd tear them another a-hole.
I received a confirmation from USCIS that they had received my application.

I spoke with my lawyer the other day, he was going to inquire about my case.

Last edited by Extreme; Mar 25th 2010 at 6:46 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:01 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Mine's been with them almost 2 weeks now, should be getting a confirmation soon myself all being well.

As far as I am aware they did cash the check - unless I am imagining that. My wife handles the finances, I'm crap with money
Old Mar 25th 2010, 11:07 pm
Nyz
Forum Regular

Nyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shadowboxer
Hi Nyz,

welcome on board

I filed on the basis of 5 years of residency myself and can only confirm that this was the easiest, least work-intensive, fastest process I ever went through!

Can't believe it will be over soon

Wishing you smooth sailing,

Rebecca.
Thanks, I hope ours goes as easily as yours, all the best for Monday!
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:20 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Confirmation of receipt arrived yesterday!

Just have to wait for biometrics appointment now I guess. Nice to know it arrived safely though.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone done theirs after three years as a spouse, rather than five years?

I'll be 90 days short of three years at the end of this month so I'll send it off then - it's a 3-paycheque month so I actually have the money.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

flagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud of

My husband and I have been married 6 years but he is just 3 years (as of March 15 2010) here in the US and is in the middle of the application process. Biometrics done, now waiting on interview.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 5:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kins
Has anyone done theirs after three years as a spouse, rather than five years?
Yes, and most of us from the marriage-based forum did.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

In the question where it asks how many days you've been out of the US in the last five years, what did you put? Do I say 745 days? Or pretend they asked 'in the last three years' and put 15?
Old Mar 28th 2010, 12:18 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

In the question where it asks how many days you've been out of the US in the last five years, what did you put? Do I say 745 days? Or pretend they asked 'in the last three years' and put 15?
If you are applying under the 3-year waiver (married to a USC for the 3 years + be a PR for 3 years) then you can answer all the "5-year" questions as "3 years". You can even cross through the 5 if you like, and write in a 3.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by meauxna
If you are applying under the 3-year waiver (married to a USC for the 3 years + be a PR for 3 years) then you can answer all the "5-year" questions as "3 years". You can even cross through the 5 if you like, and write in a 3.
Excellent - that was my only question! Thank you. I actually thought it was a pretty easy form to fill in, by USCIS standardss...
Old Mar 28th 2010, 2:58 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent - that was my only question! Thank you. I actually thought it was a pretty easy form to fill in, by USCIS standardss...
Speak for yourself, sone of us have moved, changed jobs and left the country numerous times, and its the form from hell then
Old Mar 28th 2010, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Update. NOA (I-797C) received 3/27/10.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:25 pm

Fingerprints/Biometrics done today
And as "Lansbury" already stated I did indeed get my Civics test book
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Fingerprints/Biometrics done today
And as "Lansbury" already stated I did indeed get my Civics test book
And you are now home, studying?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.