Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Old Dec 18th 2010, 12:02 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Originally Posted by charleygirl
I was very impressed with the whole thing, we had to arrive for 8a.m didnt sleep much because I had to be out the house not later than 6.10 a.m...... and we were all done, all 81 by 10. It was really so organised and just great, sadly I didnt take my camera because my friend said she would take the photos, well hers was a phone with camera which we had to leave at security, but a very nice guy took pictures for me and said he would email them I hope he does......I think he may because his wife was becoming a citizen and we happened to sit together so hopefully she will make sure he does.

A lady behind me in the line showed up without her green card had to go home....
God if I checked my envelope with my stuff once I checked it 10 times.......haha thats me though.
It actually feels very good much better than I thought, my american friend was more excited than me!
Nice feeling hey when its all done and dusted
Congrats
Old Dec 18th 2010, 12:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

hi everyone, back from my ceremony, 81 people from 41 countries and 3 Brits lots of Canadians. It went so smoothly and was so organised.
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Dec 18th 2010, 12:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chugabug
Back from the ceremony.
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Dec 20th 2010, 1:40 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

I was very impressed with the whole thing, we had to arrive for 8a.m didnt sleep much because I had to be out the house not later than 6.10 a.m...... and we were all done, all 81 by 10. It was really so organised and just great, sadly I didnt take my camera because my friend said she would take the photos, well hers was a phone with camera which we had to leave at security, but a very nice guy took pictures for me and said he would email them I hope he does......I think he may because his wife was becoming a citizen and we happened to sit together so hopefully she will make sure he does.

A lady behind me in the line showed up without her green card had to go home....
God if I checked my envelope with my stuff once I checked it 10 times.......haha thats me though.
It actually feels very good much better than I thought, my american friend was more excited than me!
Yours sounds like a much better experience than what we had. Ours was long and quite painful. But hey, I guess all that matters is he's a USC after it all.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

4 newly-minted US citizens!

All 4 of us (the whole family) were called for interview at the Dallas office last Friday.

6 successfully answered questions later and a few hour wait for the ceremony...and we are now bone fide citizens!

I have to say that the interview and ceremony was extremely slick. There were 100 people from 33 countries being sworn in and it was all over in about 90 minutes.

Next stop, passports and voter registration!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TexasPenguin
4 newly-minted US citizens!

All 4 of us (the whole family) were called for interview at the Dallas office last Friday.

6 successfully answered questions later and a few hour wait for the ceremony...and we are now bone fide citizens!

I have to say that the interview and ceremony was extremely slick. There were 100 people from 33 countries being sworn in and it was all over in about 90 minutes.

Next stop, passports and voter registration!
That was quick!! Congrats!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mick1935
That was quick!! Congrats!
Yep, the whole thing, sending off application to ceremony, was around 12 weeks! Amazing....
Old Dec 20th 2010, 11:27 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TexasPenguin
Yep, the whole thing, sending off application to ceremony, was around 12 weeks! Amazing....
Wow, amazingly quick! Congratulations!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 1:46 am

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

I went into the Social Security office to update my status, and also applied for my US passport- they said it would be 4-6 weeks
Old Dec 31st 2010, 1:54 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbark
I went into the Social Security office to update my status, and also applied for my US passport- they said it would be 4-6 weeks
Yes they all say that give it a week to 10days
Passport 2-3 weeks
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Yes they all say that give it a week to 10days
Passport 2-3 weeks
Thanks Poppy girl. Although I don't actually have travel plans, you never know when an emergency might arise!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thread split for the New Year; please carry on here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=703810

You can quote a post from this thread and paste that into a reply in the new thread, if need be. This thread is closed to new posts.
meauxna