Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Old May 20th 2010, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please!

Originally Posted by candy wy.
well they have lost mine already.. I cant check mine
Don't worry. It can take a few days before the website catches up, it did with mine.
Old May 21st 2010, 2:36 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Got a slight problem!

I was going to legally change part of my name and have requested to do this so that at the Oath Ceremony my name will be slightly different to all my other documents meaning that I will then have to change all my ID after the big day.............Well i don't want to change it now its too much of a hassle can I still amend this!!
Old May 21st 2010, 2:52 pm
Longtime Lurker

scotta will become famous soon enoughscotta will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by candy wy.
well they have lost mine already.. I cant check mine
The online system only found my number around the same time I got my biometric notice.

Scott
Old May 21st 2010, 3:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Got a slight problem!

I was going to legally change part of my name and have requested to do this so that at the Oath Ceremony my name will be slightly different to all my other documents meaning that I will then have to change all my ID after the big day.............Well i don't want to change it now its too much of a hassle can I still amend this!!
Too late now ....

you will always be known a Poppy big tits now ....
Old May 21st 2010, 3:24 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Too late now ....

you will always be known a Poppy big tits now ....
LOL Thanks Ray..

Its a real pain and I was not thinking straight....guess I will legally have to change it back straight after the ceremony Oh I am mad at myself.
Old May 21st 2010, 3:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Thanks Ray..

Its a real pain and I was not thinking straight....guess I will legally have to change it back straight after the ceremony Oh I am mad at myself.
A friend wanted to change her name when she became a USC. She had to go before the local justice and get it changed. I'm not sure whether she had to do this before she submitted the N 400 or whether it was before the interview/ceremony (which are on the same day in Newark NJ).
Old May 21st 2010, 3:29 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Thanks Ray..

Why you going to get married???
once its done to legally change it back will be more hassle than changing your ss, passport & dl
Old May 21st 2010, 3:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Thanks Ray..

You may be able to change ..make an infopass appointment
of course you may be lucky if you not being done in a court house .it wont happen anyway

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp...hangeadult.htm
Old May 21st 2010, 3:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Got a slight problem!

You want to change the spelling (fundamentally) of your first name, correct? I'm not sure it's the big deal your interviewer made about it.

First of all, you may be known by two different names (did you watch the Marriage Ref last night btw?).
I'm not sure you have to change all your ID. The only thing 'different' right now is your birth cert, is that right?

I'd encourage you to look into this a bit further before taking a drastic step. Now, you might still be able to change your first name through a complete legal process in one step with your oath ceremony, but it has to be the right kind of ceremony. (see below)

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
A friend wanted to change her name when she became a USC. She had to go before the local justice and get it changed. I'm not sure whether she had to do this before she submitted the N 400 or whether it was before the interview/ceremony (which are on the same day in Newark NJ).
This may have had to do with who was conducting the ceremony. From what I've picked up, a judge has to do the name change, so for that, it needs to be a ceremony conducted by a judge. From our experience, the same day ceremonies are conducted by the District Director or staff, and people who were having name changes were shunted to a ceremony conducted by a judge (at a later date). This could explain your friend's situation.
Old May 21st 2010, 3:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
You want to change the spelling (fundamentally) of your first name, correct? I'm not sure it's the big deal your interviewer made about it.

First of all, you may be known by two different names (did you watch the Marriage Ref last night btw?).
I'm not sure you have to change all your ID. The only thing 'different' right now is your birth cert, is that right?

I'd encourage you to look into this a bit further before taking a drastic step. Now, you might still be able to change your first name through a complete legal process in one step with your oath ceremony, but it has to be the right kind of ceremony. (see below)

This may have had to do with who was conducting the ceremony. From what I've picked up, a judge has to do the name change, so for that, it needs to be a ceremony conducted by a judge. From our experience, the same day ceremonies are conducted by the District Director or staff, and people who were having name changes were shunted to a ceremony conducted by a judge (at a later date). This could explain your friend's situation.
All I know is that she had to go to the county court house and get her name changed legally before she became a USC. She wanted to put her maiden name in front of her surname.
Old May 21st 2010, 6:09 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Got a slight problem!

So what are you going to be called now?

Poopy Girl or Poppy Git
Old May 21st 2010, 9:45 pm

OK

Its at the court and with a Judge
My Birth cert has one name all other docs and in the uk have the latter name.
Old May 21st 2010, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Macca67
That's not the question. What we want to know is WHY?
Because sweetie I don't want to have to change my DL my UK passport my SS and every other flippen document that exists to the Birth Cert name one.

I am booking an infopass

No I am not I am over nighting a letter to the IO that interviewed me.

Its all my fault.

Last edited by Poppy girl; May 21st 2010 at 10:02 pm.
Old May 21st 2010, 11:20 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
So what are you going to be called now?

Poopy Girl or Poppy Git
what worries me is that I knew poppy girls real name ... but
now the memory is gone ..no idea
Old May 21st 2010, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
what worries me is that I knew poppy girls real name ... but
now the memory is gone ..no idea
Well I have booked an infopass and also written a letter directly to the IO as was requested on the form, that was given to me at the end of the interview, should I have any further questions or concerns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.