Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Approval in Phoenix

Wikiposts

N-400 Approval in Phoenix

Old Mar 11th 2009, 3:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking N-400 Approval in Phoenix

Short story: Sadegh is approved!

Long story: We arrived at 1:15 for the 1:30 appointment. Sadegh got called in at 1:45 by a really friendly, smiling gentleman. I gave Sadegh a quick hug and kiss good luck, and he followed the officer out of the waiting area. I settled down with a book, but didn't get much reading done. Fifteen minutes later, Sadegh appears from around the corner and motions for me to come to him. I thought what the heck? Something must have gone wrong...that was too fast...maybe the officer wants to see me, or they told Sadegh to come back another time? But Sadegh couldn't pretend and suddenly broke in to a huge grin, and said "say Congratulations!" I was soooo surprised! I expected him to be in there about an hour, and here he was out 15 minutes later with the "recommended for approval" box checked! Woo hooooooo!

He answered all 6 of his civic questions correctly (gosh I'm proud of that man!). He was asked:

1. What does the Constitution do?
2. How many US Senators are there?
3. Who is one of your state's US Senators now?
4. When must all men register for the Selective Service?
5. When was the Constitution written?
6. Name one state that borders Canada.

He was asked to read a sentence which he can't remember now, but had the word "government" in it. LOL

He was asked to write the sentence "When do we pay taxes?"

The officer didn't ask many of the yes/no questions, just confirmed that Sadegh had gotten a ticket for not wearing a passenger seat belt, and that the fine was paid. The officer didn't want to see the paper evidence. He asked Sadegh only the final "yes" questions at the end of the N-400.

The officer confirmed some of the basic information on the N-400 such as name, birthdates, phone numbers, etc. He asked about Sadegh's work, and confirmed that he's self-employed and what he does. The officer said we'll be getting a letter in the mail in about 3 - 4 weeks, with a date for the oath ceremony.

And that's all it was! We were way over prepared, but that won't surpise other you other members of the AR Club. LOL

It was a GREAT DAY!!! We took naps in the afternoon, went to Persian Room for a fancy dinner, and plan on having some Greek wine later on, after dinner settles.

Thank you ALL again for everything!!

Edit to add: For those that didn't follow my timeline thread, it was 3.5 months from filing N-400 at CSC to having the interview. Should be another 6 weeks or so to the oath date.

Big Hugs,
Rene & Sadegh

Last edited by Noorah101; Mar 11th 2009 at 3:52 pm. Reason: added info
Old Mar 11th 2009, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Approval in Phoenix

congrats! thats great news, im sure the info you posted will help others
Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

saheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant futuresaheem has a brilliant future

Congrats!! I have my N-400 interview next Tuesday in NYC. This is encouraging news.

Question: I thought it was best to ask if you can wait for the oath letter before you leave the building? Or were you not given that option?

Congrats again! And thanks for all your helpful, timely posts. Keep celebrating!!

Saheem
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saheem
Question: I thought it was best to ask if you can wait for the oath letter before you leave the building? Or were you not given that option?
Thank you, Saheem. Yes, Sadegh asked if he can get the oath letter today, but the officer said no, you'll be notified in the mail within 3 to 4 weeks. I don't know about other locations, but our Phoenix office was really quiet...there was no admin staff downstairs as you first walk in (where it looks like they have appointment windows...they were all closed up), and even upstairs where we had the appointment, there was a desk with 2 guards, a few individual windows open in the waiting area, and maybe 8 or 10 people waiting. Not busy at all.

Rene
Old Mar 11th 2009, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of

Congratulations....So how was the celberation dinner. I am so happy for you guys. Keep us posted when the oath cermony is.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 12:07 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
WooHoo! Wonderful news. Never a doubt in my mind! Congratulations to you both!

Ian
Old Mar 12th 2009, 12:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rene and Sadegh

Congratulations on your successful interview!

I can imagine the smile on Sadegh's face when he called out to you. Really surprised he wasn't jumping around. Now tell us if he did a victory dance on the sidewalk in front of the building after exiting?

After that celebratory dinner and wine, hope your heads are not aching this morning.

Well Done!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Sadegh and Rene. The journey is over. Remember the days we count for the GC etc... LOL I am so happy for you guys.:thum bsup:
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:10 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful news to you both

I better get swotting I could not of answered any of those questions
Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:02 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go, you two. Welcome to the Post-Immigration Club.

Edit to add: For those that didn't follow my timeline thread, it was 3.5 months from filing N-400 at CSC to having the interview. Should be another 6 weeks or so to the oath date.
Wow, I didn't realize his N-400 was processed so quickly. (Mark's took 14 months!) Still, that hopefully makes up for the 14-month separation you had while awaiting his K-1 visa!

~ Jenney

p.s. I tried giving you karma but apparently I have to "spread it around" first LOL
Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Rene and Sadegh. Happy day!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Well Poppy you better do some studying :-) But to be honest with you , I would not know either ha ha ha.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:12 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

We were way over prepared, but that won't surpise other you other members of the AR Club. LOL
Waaahoooooo! Congratulations Sadegh & Rene!!!!!

I am so proud of him too, and I've never met the guy! But I hope you'll tell S how much I admire him. I don't think you were AR Club style over prepared, I think it's a demonstration of how much this meant to S and I know what a big shift it is for him.
So many times here we take natz for granted, as a bureaucratic exercise, but to tackle this in a 2nd or 3rd language always catches my attention. Any of us who've taken on another language can only imagine the pressure!

Never a doubt, and I can't wait for Citizenship cake! Good job, you two!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:24 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Well Poppy you better do some studying :-) But to be honest with you , I would not know either ha ha ha.
Scary hey, better start early as I said before so I don't cram it all in one go lol.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

Long story: We arrived at 1:15 for the 1:30 appointment. Sadegh got called in at 1:45 by a really friendly, smiling gentleman. I gave Sadegh a quick hug and kiss good luck, and he followed the officer out of the waiting area. I settled down with a book, but didn't get much reading done. Fifteen minutes later, Sadegh appears from around the corner and motions for me to come to him. I thought what the heck? Something must have gone wrong...that was too fast...maybe the officer wants to see me, or they told Sadegh to come back another time? But Sadegh couldn't pretend and suddenly broke in to a huge grin, and said "say Congratulations!" I was soooo surprised! I expected him to be in there about an hour, and here he was out 15 minutes later with the "recommended for approval" box checked! Woo hooooooo!

He answered all 6 of his civic questions correctly (gosh I'm proud of that man!). He was asked:

1. What does the Constitution do?
2. How many US Senators are there?
3. Who is one of your state's US Senators now?
4. When must all men register for the Selective Service?
5. When was the Constitution written?
6. Name one state that borders Canada.

He was asked to read a sentence which he can't remember now, but had the word "government" in it. LOL

He was asked to write the sentence "When do we pay taxes?"

The officer didn't ask many of the yes/no questions, just confirmed that Sadegh had gotten a ticket for not wearing a passenger seat belt, and that the fine was paid. The officer didn't want to see the paper evidence. He asked Sadegh only the final "yes" questions at the end of the N-400.

The officer confirmed some of the basic information on the N-400 such as name, birthdates, phone numbers, etc. He asked about Sadegh's work, and confirmed that he's self-employed and what he does. The officer said we'll be getting a letter in the mail in about 3 - 4 weeks, with a date for the oath ceremony.

And that's all it was! We were way over prepared, but that won't surpise other you other members of the AR Club. LOL

It was a GREAT DAY!!! We took naps in the afternoon, went to Persian Room for a fancy dinner, and plan on having some Greek wine later on, after dinner settles.

Thank you ALL again for everything!!

Big Hugs,
Rene & Sadegh
A huge congratulations to you both!! Before you know it the oath ceremony will be here, and you will walk out of the office knowing you never have to look over your shoulder for the USCIS. I had my oath ceremony 3 weeks ago and applied for my US passport the day after. It took 2 weeks exactly from application to in hand, so don't forget to do that. Also go to the SS office and chage his citizenship with social security, and also the DMV will want to know. I have registered to vote and that came within 1 week, don't forget that too!!!

I am really so delighted for you both. The feeling of never having to deal with the f***ing morons and their bullsh*t at USCIS is intoxicating...I hope Sadegh enjoys his day!!!!!!! Remember to take lots of photos!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.