Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Application: DONE & DUSTED!

N-400 Application: DONE & DUSTED!

Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:49 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future
Default Re: N-400 Application: DONE & DUSTED!

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
It turns out that Mark might not be able to get next Wednesday off to attend his biometrics appointment. When I talked to him last (early this morning), he said that several coworkers had already requested that day off well in advance, so he doesn't think he can get the time off with such short notice. The problem is that, if he reschedules, he'll have the same problem: An appointment notice that just shows up one day, which could again give him only few days' notice. He can't keep rescheduling this indefinitely and just hope that the next notice gives him the 3-week advanced notice that he needs.
My letter states that if I can't make the suggested appointment day, then I can go on any following Wednesday at the same time, as long as it is before 7/17/07.

Does your letter not state that?
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:03 pm
Cdngal2007

> > Whooo!
> >
> > I didn't see copies of the bloodwork included there.. did you just
> > forget to type it?
> >
> > stoopid quick post feature..
>
> Probably none left to do a workup on. USCIS, the vampire, had
> drained it all.
>
> BTW Jenney did you sign as the one who completed the form? I did when
> I
> completed Jim's forms
>
> --
> I'm not an attorney. This disclaimer is valid in NYS!

I sent in my N-400 on May 30, 2006 and had the fingerprints done
June 9, 2006. Still haven't had my appointment yet. I did make a
formal inquiry and they said that it was because of my background
check is pending.

I am a Canadian citizen, but have heard of people who have completed
their applications months after me who have already had their interviews
and are now citizens. It is frustrating.

--

Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:25 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James Box
My letter states that if I can't make the suggested appointment day, then I can go on any following Wednesday at the same time, as long as it is before 7/17/07.

Does your letter not state that?
Unfortunately we aren't given that option. Our letter says the following -- I changed what they put in ALL CAPS to bold to make it more readable:

"To process your application, USCIS must take your fingerprints and have them cleared by the FBI. Please appear at the below Application Support Center at the date and time specified. If you are unable to do so, complete the bottom portion of this notice and return the entire original notice to the address below. Rescheduling your appointment will delay your application. If you fail to appear as scheduled below or fail to request rescheduling, your application will be considered abandoned.

The bottom third of the page says:

REQUEST FOR RESCHEDULING

Please reschedule my appointment for the next available:

[ ] Wednesday afternoon
[ ] Saturday afternoon

USCIS cannot guarantee the day preferred, but will do so to the extent possible.
Upon receipt of your request, you will be provided a new appointment notice. Please mail your request to: [Norfolk mailing address]

As expected, Mark didn't actually talk to anyone at work today about switching days off so that he can make the original appointment. However, one coworker who MIGHT be able to switch with him will be in tomorrow (she had today off) so he's going to ask her about it then. If she says she can't/won't switch, then we're going to have to get this rescheduling notice in the mail ASAP.

My biggest worry is that it won't get there in time, and I'd really rather not have to pay $XX to send it overnight, etc. :curse: That, plus the fact that we have to send the original notice, not just the bottom third of the letter or a copy of it. Then again, this is the first time we've ever had to (possibly) reschedule something, so maybe that's normal...

~ Jenney
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:39 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi jenney,
Our biometrics letter for Mr. P's I-751 said the same thing, and I've seen the same contents reported on other threads. I may have missed this, but would he be available during their business hours to walk in on a day before his appointment time? Many people have reported success with this......I'd say give it a try before sending the thing back asking for a reschedule.

~SecretGarden
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:09 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Hi jenney,
Our biometrics letter for Mr. P's I-751 said the same thing, and I've seen the same contents reported on other threads. I may have missed this, but would he be available during their business hours to walk in on a day before his appointment time? Many people have reported success with this......I'd say give it a try before sending the thing back asking for a reschedule.

~SecretGarden
I can tell you right now that Mark would never go for that, because he'd never be convinced that he wouldn't be turned away. I can hear it now: "The letter says you have to mail in the rescheduling request. It doesn't say you should show up unannounced!"

Hopefully this coworker will be cool with switching days off with him. I just hope that Mark is willing to emphasize how important it is that he go to THIS appointment. Worst case, he could always call in sick (although again, knowing him, he probably wouldn't).

~ Jenney
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:17 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

I can tell you right now that Mark would never go for that, because he'd never be convinced that he wouldn't be turned away. I can hear it now: "The letter says you have to mail in the rescheduling request. It doesn't say you should show up unannounced!"

Hopefully this coworker will be cool with switching days off with him. I just hope that Mark is willing to emphasize how important it is that he go to THIS appointment. Worst case, he could always call in sick (although again, knowing him, he probably wouldn't).

~ Jenney
I think I probably know that answer to this, but if you did a search for some people who have had success doing this and showed him the posts, would that make a difference?

Worth a try, because recent experience here suggests he won't get turned away.

If you PM Rete, she could knock some sense into him.

~SG
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:21 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Farkin' Brits.. such *rule* followers. (I could hear it too)
The ASCs work on Saturdays sometimes too.. what if he went in this weekend?
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:22 am
The Missus

Originally Posted by meauxna
Farkin' Brits.. such *rule* followers. (I could hear it too)
The ASCs work on Saturdays sometimes too.. what if he went in this weekend?
Yeah, Jenney could just suggest a nice little saturday drive, and voila! They end up in the ASC parking lot.

~SG
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:29 am
I'm back!

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Yeah, Jenney could just suggest a nice little saturday drive, and voila! They end up in the ASC parking lot.

~SG
He has to work this Saturday, so that wouldn't work.

Anyway, I already brought up the idea and was rebuffed, so we're just going to mail the rescheduling request in. He's not even going to try to find out if this girl can switch with him, because he says he's 99% sure she won't be able to switch with him. Something to do with her not having her own car and having to get her mother to drive her to work. So aggravating. :curse:

He's feeling a lot more confident about this rescheduling thing than I am. He told me, "I bet you that we'll get another appointment notice within the month, and I'll be able to take the time off even if it's only a week's notice -- next week was just a fluke where several people asked for the time off." What can I do?? I wish I had his confidence in USCIS...

~ Jenney
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Jinny: It will all work out.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL LOL LOL !!! Herein?
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:37 pm
I'm back!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
LOL LOL LOL !!! Herein?
I've sent the rescheduling request via Priority Mail, certified with return receipt. That oughta cover it.

(It would probably cost me the same, or less, in gas money to DRIVE it there myself!)

~ Jenney
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:39 pm
I'm back!

Even Jueulioua spells my name with the extra "e"!

~ Jenney
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101
LOL LOL LOL !!! Herein?
Well, no. That was the restrained version. But now that you've added it....
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

bluefuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

In Norfolk, they willl turn you away if you do not have an appointment for biometrics. When I had my appointment I saw 2 people turned away. They are very to the book here.

I wouldn't worry about rescheduling, the Norfolk biometrics place has a quick turn around time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.