Wikiposts

N-400 Application

Old Apr 30th 2002, 8:30 am
Mani

Default N-400 Application

I submitted N-400 with INS on March 2001 after being married to my wife for 3 years.
(My wife is US citizen and she sponsored me for the Green card.) I went to finger
printing in March and now I have recieved a letter for interview in August 2002.
Currently, I am going thru Divorce proceedings with my wife. The divorce migth be
final by end of May 2002.

How would divorce affect my N-400 application, if I am divorced at the time of the
interview but I was married at the time when I applied for it and met the condition
to be married for 3 years.

Thanks in advance.

Old Apr 30th 2002, 1:30 pm
Einstien

Default Re: N-400 Application

If you can prove that you entered the marriage in good faith, then you can be
eligible. But it is kinda hard to prove that. Frankly you will be reeligible again in
Jan of 2004 the earliest based on 5 years of having a GC 5 years- 90 days). I am
assuming that equates to Jan of 2004. It is very well possible that the INS officer
might even point that out ot you.

"Mani" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I submitted N-400 with INS on March 2001 after being married to my wife for 3
    > years. (My wife is US citizen and she sponsored me for the Green card.) I went to
    > finger printing in March and now I have recieved a letter for interview in August
    > 2002. Currently, I am going thru Divorce proceedings with my wife. The divorce
    > migth be final by end of May 2002.
    >
    > How would divorce affect my N-400 application, if I am divorced at the time of the
    > interview but I was married at the time when I applied for it and met the condition
    > to be married for 3 years.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.