Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My wife's K-3 visa approved!!!

My wife's K-3 visa approved!!!

Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:50 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My wife's K-3 visa approved!!!

Ah ha but I had a note and hall pass. Actually Steve's ancient laptop wasn't working though I did meet up with Karen so technically I still kept in touch.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by goldrush
Hello everyone,

I am posting after a long time. How are you guys doing? ... Leslie, Hyper, Dutch, Heba, Gozo, Tmushen, Lp, Glasgown ... and everyone else.

My wife was denied her K-3 visa on Friday (2/6) on the ridiculous grounds that we didn't produce any letters, phone bills, or gifts. Its none of their business, we are not in a court of law that we need to produce stupid evidences to prove our marriage. It was a rough weekend for both of us.

But, my wife was very courageous and she went back on Monday with only skimpy proof for what they asked and argued about it and got the visa.

I will keep in touch!!!
Congratulations. Good to hear from you.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

goldrush is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all, thank you so much ... superdesi, ric, mcjimbo, cowboy, dutch, patty, rene, leslie, tmushen.

Second, to answer Foli's question, I don't know the exact legalities of stuff, but I think that a Consulate office is not the same as a court of law. So, we don't need to present ourselves and our marriage as if we/it are on trial. Heck, we haven't committed any crime at all (any of us). Such a scenario shouldn't even stand trial in a court of law, let alone in a Consulate.

I was so pissed on Friday that I told my wife to stick it to them sons of bi%ches. She did, we won. I didn't send her any proof of letters, gifts, phone/calling card bills they requested, nothing. I just faxed her letters that my Congressman wrote to me and we shoved it in their faces. That took care of that problem. I was too kind to even send my wife (in early Jan.) an affidavit of support with my job and bank letters and other supporting docs. If I knew how quickly they would fold, I wouldn't even have done that.

Hey congrats, tmushen, your file is finally in Ankara!!!

Watch the news regarding any attempted murders of me or my wife by them Mumbai circus people.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:22 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Watch the news regarding any attempted murders of me or my wife by them Mumbai circus people.

HA!! Goldrush! The pressure was too much, you've finally lost it.

I know how you feel. We ended up feeling so much animosity towards the people at the Casa consulate, it ended up getting pretty personal. I was putting voodoo mojo and every other kind of curse I could think of on them
Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Second, to answer Foli's question, I don't know the exact legalities of stuff, but I think that a Consulate office is not the same as a court of law. So, we don't need to present ourselves and our marriage as if we/it are on trial. Heck, we haven't committed any crime at all (any of us). Such a scenario shouldn't even stand trial in a court of law, let alone in a Consulate.

I was so pissed on Friday that I told my wife to stick it to them sons of bi%ches. She did, we won.
Hi:

I'm sorry, but I find your posting to be extremely confusing. I agree with you that there is no need for you to present anything at all to the consulate. There is no way they can compel you to produce anything. As you point out, this is not a court of law where you have been dragged in on a criminal charge.

However, you DO admit that you and she applied TO THEM to get that visa. In fact, you DID give them something -- evidence that you cared enough about having her in the US to contact your congressperson and AS verifciation of that contact, you provided the response from the congressperson.

Congragulations on the visa issuance -- but I still have trouble figuring out what you are saying -- you blow hot and cold.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:42 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

I am posting after a long time. How are you guys doing? ... Leslie, Hyper, Dutch, Heba, Gozo, Tmushen, Lp, Glasgown ... and everyone else.

My wife was denied her K-3 visa on Friday (2/6) on the ridiculous grounds that we didn't produce any letters, phone bills, or gifts. Its none of their business, we are not in a court of law that we need to produce stupid evidences to prove our marriage. It was a rough weekend for both of us.

But, my wife was very courageous and she went back on Monday with only skimpy proof for what they asked and argued about it and got the visa.

I will keep in touch!!!
Oh my!! You are back and your wife finally got the flipping visa!!
WOOOOOHHH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:
Sorry to be late.. I have so much to do!! I am leaving in 2 days
What a happy day!!, I am thrilled for the 2 of you!!, Come visit us more oftenly, we have missed ya!!!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:49 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
He'll be here Wednesday.
ME TOO!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!
Windy days are almost a fact!!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 10:49 am
Andy Platt

Be aware that at the AOS interview you *will* be expected to prove that the
marriage is valid with a bit more than was required by the consulate. And if
you don't satisfy them you will end up in a court battling the removal
proceedings! So, congrats., chill a bit and make sure you know what the AOS
process will involve.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here, it's just your warped imagination
"goldrush" <member17050@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello everyone,
    > I am posting after a long time. How are you guys doing?
    > .. Leslie, Hyper, Dutch, Heba, Gozo, Tmushen, Lp, Glasgown ... and
    > everyone else.
    > My wife was denied her K-3 visa on Friday (2/6) on the
    > ridiculous grounds that we didn't produce any letters, phone bills, or
    > gifts. Its none of their business, we are not in a court of law that we
    > need to produce stupid evidences to prove our marriage. It was a rough
    > weekend for both of us.
    > But, my wife was very courageous and she went
    > back on Monday with only skimpy proof for what they asked and argued
    > about it and got the visa.
    > I will keep in touch!!!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 9th 2004, 11:08 am
Paul Gani

"goldrush" <member17050@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My wife was denied her K-3 visa on Friday (2/6) on the
    > ridiculous grounds that we didn't produce any letters, phone bills, or
    > gifts. Its none of their business, we are not in a court of law that we
    > need to produce stupid evidences to prove our marriage. It was a rough
    > weekend for both of us.

You are applying for a government benefit. As with any government benefit,
you are required to prove that you qualify for the benefit.

You are welcome to decline to provide the evidence they request, and then
they are welcome to decline the benefit you applied for.

Paulgani

Old Feb 13th 2004, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Millana is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

I will keep in touch!!!
Congratulations!!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 5:58 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
I would agree with you in theory but in practice, the whole process is more about intimidation, racism, and just plain ignorance than anything else. And I have to question your last statement, "letting them see what they wanted to see". No, what they want to see is fraud. They are obsessed with fraud and convinced that every foreign marriage is a fraudulent one.
I am confused that I was asked for no such proof. In fact my wedding certificate was deemed proof of our marriage.
I had thought that proof of marriage was all that was required at visa stage, AOS being the time when the marriage must be proven to be genuine? Am I wrong?

CB
Old Feb 13th 2004, 5:59 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

OOps!

BIG congrats to you and your wife, goldrush.

CB