Reload this Page >

My wife's K-3 visa approved!!!

My wife's K-3 visa approved!!!

Old Feb 8th 2004, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

goldrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My wife's K-3 visa approved!!!

Hello everyone,

I am posting after a long time. How are you guys doing? ... Leslie, Hyper, Dutch, Heba, Gozo, Tmushen, Lp, Glasgown ... and everyone else.

My wife was denied her K-3 visa on Friday (2/6) on the ridiculous grounds that we didn't produce any letters, phone bills, or gifts. Its none of their business, we are not in a court of law that we need to produce stupid evidences to prove our marriage. It was a rough weekend for both of us.

But, my wife was very courageous and she went back on Monday with only skimpy proof for what they asked and argued about it and got the visa.

I will keep in touch!!!
Old Feb 8th 2004, 7:19 pm

superdesi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My wife's K-3 visa approved!!!

Congratulations. Persistence pays off every time
Old Feb 8th 2004, 8:44 pm
Ric
Forum Regular

Ric has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura about

Congrats its a nice feeling
Old Feb 8th 2004, 10:22 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Congrat's i'm sure your both very excited!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations and good for her! I'm proud of her and you must be too. When I go with my wife for her interview in Bogota I am taking no chances - I have enough evidence to fill a shopping cart. I think they should have to read every WORD of our communications and maybe after a few episodes like this, they would stop this nonsense. It really irritates me that after the USCIS approves my petition, that she should have to undergo more interrogation at the consulate and still more interrogation at the POE. Once is enough!

Originally posted by goldrush
Hello everyone,

I am posting after a long time. How are you guys doing? ... Leslie, Hyper, Dutch, Heba, Gozo, Tmushen, Lp, Glasgown ... and everyone else.

My wife was denied her K-3 visa on Friday (2/6) on the ridiculous grounds that we didn't produce any letters, phone bills, or gifts. Its none of their business, we are not in a court of law that we need to produce stupid evidences to prove our marriage. It was a rough weekend for both of us.

But, my wife was very courageous and she went back on Monday with only skimpy proof for what they asked and argued about it and got the visa.

I will keep in touch!!!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

I will keep in touch!!!
Congratulations....
I'm glad things are going well for you guy's.....
I'm waiting impatiently for the medical and interview.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:25 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Congratulations. In my practice, I often make it a practice to be like Michael Corleone's description of his father when he was courting the lovely Apollonia -- I don't hear the word "no" and keep asking what will make you say "yes."

However, the paragraph I cut out of your posting intriques me. You admit that she applied for a marriage based visa. You concede that she was not in a court of law. Nonetheless, you state its "none of their business." How do you rconcile those statements? Just curious.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on the visa and I'm happy for you that you'll soon be reunited with your wife. I hope my turn is coming up soon!

I disagree with you, however, regarding your point that your relationship is none of their business. This whole process is about proving bone fide relationships so visas aren't issued to those seeking to enter the US fraudulently. A marriage certificate and tax returns do not a bona fide marriage make. You can argue that just about any of the other evidence can be fabricated as well but it's not as easy. While I've felt the process is a bit intrusive at times, every bit of it is worth going through to be together with my husband. It was quite a risk you took and I give your wife kudos for finally letting them see what they wanted to see all along.

Patty Khadijah

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Congratulations. In my practice, I often make it a practice to be like Michael Corleone's description of his father when he was courting the lovely Apollonia -- I don't hear the word "no" and keep asking what will make you say "yes."

However, the paragraph I cut out of your posting intriques me. You admit that she applied for a marriage based visa. You concede that she was not in a court of law. Nonetheless, you state its "none of their business." How do you rconcile those statements? Just curious.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!! A lot of us here refer to everything we have to bring to the interview as "everying including the kitchen sink!" Congrats for not having to bring along the sink! :-)

Rene
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

I would agree with you in theory but in practice, the whole process is more about intimidation, racism, and just plain ignorance than anything else. And I have to question your last statement, "letting them see what they wanted to see". No, what they want to see is fraud. They are obsessed with fraud and convinced that every foreign marriage is a fraudulent one.

Originally posted by Khadija
Congratulations on the visa and I'm happy for you that you'll soon be reunited with your wife. I hope my turn is coming up soon!

I disagree with you, however, regarding your point that your relationship is none of their business. This whole process is about proving bone fide relationships so visas aren't issued to those seeking to enter the US fraudulently. A marriage certificate and tax returns do not a bona fide marriage make. You can argue that just about any of the other evidence can be fabricated as well but it's not as easy. While I've felt the process is a bit intrusive at times, every bit of it is worth going through to be together with my husband. It was quite a risk you took and I give your wife kudos for finally letting them see what they wanted to see all along.

Patty Khadijah
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:29 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Goldrush!! Sorry about the initial denial, but congratulations about the approval.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another graduate joins the party. :PARTY: :PARTY:

P.S. My husband felt the same way that you did about the evidence. I bugged him to death, and he took lots of evidence of our relationship. The interview refused to even look at it.......... C'est La Vie say the old folks. Goes to show you never can tell.

Hello everyone,

I will keep in touch!!!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:31 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie I've lost track of things. Is Mr Leslie on his way over or is it next week?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:32 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
Leslie I've lost track of things. Is Mr Leslie on his way over or is it next week?
He'll be here Wednesday.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:41 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
He'll be here Wednesday.
Awesomeness. Now don't you go disappearing on us too. The minute he nips off to the loo or to do some housework come back and tell us how it's going.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:47 am
WTF?

Originally posted by sibsie
Awesomeness. Now don't you go disappearing on us too. The minute he nips off to the loo or to do some housework come back and tell us how it's going.
This coming from the woman who has barely come up for air the last week or so? I will probably gone for the first week, I'm taking vacation. I'll try to "pop-in" for the POE thread though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.