Reload this Page >

My wife has a Citizenship Interview Date

Wikiposts

My wife has a Citizenship Interview Date

Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My wife has a Citizenship Interview Date

Yes It's true that the system is this messed up. As I previously stated my wife lived her whole life in America with a green card until 5 years ago. Right before she left her and her father filled out the N400 to become citizens. Her father has now become a citizen. My wife at the time was not my wife and went back to Turkey but we did know each other already. Each year until 2001 her father would renew her renetry pass.

In 2001 he either forgot to do it or didn't renew it on purpose because he knew that we would eventually get married. (Who knows why he did or didn't do it but the obvious reason is I am not Turkish and my wife is).

Since then as everyone has read from my prior posts we filed the I130 and I129F because her Green Card supposdly is invalid. Today I was in front of the Congressional rep who called to check the status of my I129F and low and behold we are told that after 5 years New York is about tto grant an interview date for the N400 for my wife to become a citizen.

Hmmmmmmmm did I say something previosuly about this system being a joke.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: My wife has a Citizenship Interview Date

Originally posted by tmushen
Yes It's true that the system is this messed up. As I previously stated my wife lived her whole life in America with a green card until 5 years ago. Right before she left her and her father filled out the N400 to become citizens. Her father has now become a citizen. My wife at the time was not my wife and went back to Turkey but we did know each other already. Each year until 2001 her father would renew her renetry pass.

In 2001 he either forgot to do it or didn't renew it on purpose because he knew that we would eventually get married. (Who knows why he did or didn't do it but the obvious reason is I am not Turkish and my wife is).

Since then as everyone has read from my prior posts we filed the I130 and I129F because her Green Card supposdly is invalid. Today I was in front of the Congressional rep who called to check the status of my I129F and low and behold we are told that after 5 years New York is about tto grant an interview date for the N400 for my wife to become a citizen.

So I now have to wonder if this is slowing the case down. I wouldn't think so but who knows. If anything I would think this should speed up the process up because all background checks should have been done already but obviously there is no central computer. Who knows though because who ever the Congressional rep talked to this morning this person was able to pull up information about everything about my wife including the I130, I129F and N400.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow....how ironic can you get!? And of course now there's no way for her to get to the states to go to her citizenship appointment!! I wonder if they would grant her something special to come over for that??

***shaking head***
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Noorah101
Wow....how ironic can you get!? And of course now there's no way for her to get to the states to go to her citizenship appointment!! I wonder if they would grant her something special to come over for that??

***shaking head***
I don't even want to ask because these people just assume that we should know everything. I called and spoke to an Immigration Officer before and you should have heard the sarcasm in his voice. I wanted to jump through the phone. I got answers such as "Guess she can't attend that interview". Steam was coming from my ears but as always we are the ones who have to maintain our cool while these people make a mockery of the system.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:16 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even want to ask because these people just assume that we should know everything. I called and spoke to an Immigration Officer before and you should have heard the sarcasm in his voice. I wanted to jump through the phone. I got answers such as "Guess she can't attend that interview". Steam was coming from my ears but as always we are the ones who have to maintain our cool while these people make a mockery of the system.
Isn't that a catch 22??.. She has a citizenship interview date that she can not attend because she can't enter in the country.
Aww My brain almost fell out on this thread!!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 3:54 pm
Nomen

tmushen wrote:

> Yes It's true that the system is this messed up. As I previously stated
    > my wife lived her whole life in America with a green card until 5 years
    > ago. Right before she left her and her father filled out the N400 to
    > become citizens. Her father has now become a citizen. My wife at the
    > time was not my wife and went back to Turkey but we did know each other
    > already. Each year until 2001 her father would renew her renetry pass.
    >
    >

The way I read this is that she has spent the last 5 years in Turkey?
With a reentry permit or not, it is still possible that she could have
considered as having abandoned her green card status. What do you mean
"her father would renew her reentry pass"? This is something she is
supposed to do.

Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Nomen
tmushen wrote:

> Yes It's true that the system is this messed up. As I previously stated
    > my wife lived her whole life in America with a green card until 5 years
    > ago. Right before she left her and her father filled out the N400 to
    > become citizens. Her father has now become a citizen. My wife at the
    > time was not my wife and went back to Turkey but we did know each other
    > already. Each year until 2001 her father would renew her renetry pass.
    >
    >

The way I read this is that she has spent the last 5 years in Turkey?
With a reentry permit or not, it is still possible that she could have
considered as having abandoned her green card status. What do you mean
"her father would renew her reentry pass"? This is something she is
supposed to do.
Yes she has spent the last 5 years in Turkey and now her Green Card is invalid I believe. My wife had a white passport which I am sure is called something different than what I am calling it but I think one of it's names is a reentry permit. Each year her father renewed it from New York so her Green Card would still be valid. He had to do this every year because you can't stay outside the US with a green card for more than one year unless she got this permit renewed. At least this is what I told. In 2001 her father in my opinion didn't renew the permit purposely because he knew me and his daulgher would eventually get married. I am not Turkish and my wife is so that's one of his reasons why he might not have renewed it. I can list more but I think you get my point.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

She would not be eligible for citizenship regardless. She has not and would not meet the residency requirements. She has been outside of the US to long.

With such a convoluted green card history why haven't you both retained an immigration attorney to see you through this process or at the very least have gotten a consultation with one.

Rete

Old Dec 18th 2003, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Rete
She would not be eligible for citizenship regardless. She has not and would not meet the residency requirements. She has been outside of the US to long.

With such a convoluted green card history why haven't you both retained an immigration attorney to see you through this process or at the very least have gotten a consultation with one.

Rete
We did do that and that's why we applied for the I130 and I129F. We both know the green card is invalid now and we are just waiting for BCIS to finally approve the I129F to let her back into the country
Old Dec 18th 2003, 3:35 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We did do that and that's why we applied for the I130 and I129F. We both know the green card is invalid now and we are just waiting for BCIS to finally approve the I129F to let her back into the country

Sorry didn't realize you had an attorney working on this matter. Since you have been here asking questions and gathering info, I assumed, incorrectly apparently, that you were do-it-yourselfers, as a regular poster has dubbed those of us who didn't retain counsel to handle our immigration processing.

Rete