Wikiposts

on my way to the UK

Old May 17th 2001, 6:20 am
phaithles

I will have to admit I am somewhat slow finding this newsgroup but i suppose better
late then never. Greetings Folks. My fiancee and i started this trip about a year ago
and thorough various trails and tribulations, we have arrived to the point where i
will soon be leaving the USA and we will be getting to start our lives together.

All in all the applications to the British consulate went very smoothly, though it
is unlikely you can supply them with too much paperwork. If anyone is interested i
can post the particulars of what we supplied, and give a sort of timeline based on
my experience, something that i looked for and was unable to find when it would
have been useful, I will have to turn in my propeller cap, for stumbling into this
group so late

www.britainusa.org was very helpful and for a governmental page, pretty well set up
it had most of the information i needed, as well as the applications and instructions
in pdf format. though I never received a email from them when i posted them, such is
life. It cost about $400USD for the visa, and the only problem we had was because i
was slow sending things in, the financial documents (sponsors) were outdated and not
acceptable, though after receiving faxes from the places they originated I received
my passport back with a visa with in a week, i was very impressed, especially after
reading the numerous horror stories of endless interviews, lost documents, endless
traveling to INS and so on., In truth the only real bad thing to have happened to us,
was that the Royal Post lost my lady's paperwork right off, passport, birth
certificate, the whole works, and close to 8 months later have still not found it,
not exactly a star in their cap *shrugs*..oh well Shipping on the other hand has
proven to be expensive and rather hard to figure out (We am not rich, and having to
count pennies, does make this harder) If anyone wishes to know my experiences there i
will post that as well, if i see no interest i will just lurk in the background ;-}
or write them when i am in the UK and have a touch more time on my hands. when i
finally get quotes back from the forwarders i have contacted I will know when i am
leaving. I have done all of this myself, I built a crate palletized and stackable (if
you aren't a carpenter or a mechanic with a firm grasp of building things to be solid
and shipable, Don't do it! insurance will not cover incompetence, at least, not
yours) I will be taking care of my own paperwork as well, bill of lading, customs,
and so forth, Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated. Well Peace people, and
well met, I wish you well in your endevors as well
--
the ends equal the means

Old May 17th 2001, 3:00 pm
Britinusa .

Congratulations! The thing is though is news group is aimed at people who are dealing
with the AMERICAN INS. That's why it is full of horror stories.

"phaithles" <[email protected]> Looked at all the poor people dealing with the US
Immigration, laughed then wrote:

>
was very impressed, especially after
    >
    >

Old May 17th 2001, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

EddieUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Fiance Visa Information

You are right about there not being much information out there for fiance visas to the UK. My Fiance and I are just about to make our application next month and would like to hear about your timeline, what they required etc.etc.

There is an egroup for US/UK couples at yahoo - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/us-uk_couples_n_families where we have recieved some advice about the process.

Old May 18th 2001, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Abeytil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey when you say that the Royal Mail lost your wive's passport and birth certificate and all that jazz, you sure the UK IND didn't lose it?
(probably not but this is just a side note...)

I've had a horrible experience with them losing all my stuff ie: passports and bank statements and blaming it on the Royal Mail when it was lost in the IND's offices the WHOLE time (4 months)!! Very appauling!
Old May 19th 2001, 7:04 am
phaithles

EddieUK wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

For what it is worth Eddie, I will post a letter i sent to the NY British consulate
(that was never replied to) that contains a list of of the paperwork that we
gathered, in truth, the Britain-USA page
www.britain-info.org/consular/visas/guidance/Settlement_Fiance(e)s.asp did provide
all of the nessersary details and from the receipt of all information it was about a
week later i received my visa, though, as i had mentioned in the previous post, that
i had delayed in sending the paperwork in for various financial reasons and when i
did, Ms.Me's financial statements were outdated and needed to be re confirmed, All in
all the only real interest the British INS seemed to take in us was that we would not
be using any public funds, Though all in all, i wouldn't be a bit surprised if they
really just like making things fairly simple and straight forward in comparison to
the American system, though just between you me and any other reading this, I have a
ten year old son, and a ex, and have seen quite enough of my country's justice
system...and then some

the names have been changed for the obvious reasons obviously, your mileage may vary,
good luck, and best wishes from Phaithles and the soon to be Mrs.. ;-}..peace

Dear Sir or Madame, My name is Phaithles and I am attempting to gain more concise
information on the process of obtaining a settlement visa in order to marry my
fiancee, re: Ms. Me We have used your web page:
(www.britain-info.org/consular/visas/guidance/Settlement_Fiance(e)s.asp) as a basic
outline to the procedures and paperwork to collect, and gathered together the
following paper work;

Ms. Me's documents consist of:

1) A sworn Declaration To Sponsor A Fiancee
2) A letter from her employer (yada dada Health NHS Trust) stating length of
employment, average salary, tax information, and address and telephone for more
information if necessary.
3) Certified copies of her savings bank book,and bank book showing income for last
six months
4) Pay stubs from her place of employment
5) P-60 from showing tax paid for year ending 05-04-2000
6) A certified copy of Entry Of Birth
7) Certificate making Degree (Nisi) Absolute (divorce) Dated yada-yada-198
8) Mortgage and loan information regarding Ms. Me's abode
9) Telephone bills, showing a small amount of the communication we enjoy with one
another (we also enjoy long amounts of communication due to Yahoo.coms messenger
program, that allows us to speak and do things together on the Internet with no
charge beyond the cost of our Internet connections
10) A cover letter stating Ms.Me's intent to marry me and a tentative date (this
relates to one of my questions in so much as we are unsure of how long a visa
application of this nature normally requires till fruition )
11) Her return airline ticket, from when she came to visit me. yada-04-2000 till
yada-05-2000 (unfortunately Ms Me's passport was lost on a earlier attempt to
mail these documents to me along with the parcel sent certified mail on
yada-06 -2000)

My documentation in whole seems somewhat smaller

12) My United States Passport #yada dada da issued 10-07-2000 expires 09-07-2000
13) A cover letter stating my hopes and intentions on favorable consideration of
application to settle and marry Ms.Me
14) My current resume, (cv)
15) Form IM2 B (GV 22) : Application For Settlement
16) Form IM2 A : Application for United Kingdom Entry Clearance

Ms.Me and myself both understand that I will not be able to secure employment prior
to our marriage. and feel that with a small amount of prudence we should have no
complications living on her income and the liquidation of my personal effects
that don't seem worth the cost of their shipping, namely a mobile home, a utility
van, a car, motorcycle, various appliances and household goods. The only things
we feel are worth shipping are, my tools, which guarantee me a income, my pc, and
other personal effects of that nature. When the time frame is more established, I
will begin to be able to solicit offers of employment and send résumé's to
suitable employers in both the mechanical and service fields as well my prefered
profession as a computer technician and network administrator.

I have a few questions that I would very much appreciate some help in
properly answering

On form IM2 B (GV 22) Section A The Sponsor in the United Kingdom Question B.4 Is the
sponsor settled in the UK.?

She is a British national, born in UK So I assume the answer t o this is no, since
she didn't settle there, she was born there.

Section B Accommodation in the United Kingdom Question B.7 Please state the address
where u live, if different from B.1

Is this question asking for my current address, or the address of my sponsor/Fiancee?
I will be living with her on arrival.

Section C Maintenance in the United Kingdom Question B.15 What educational
qualifications does your sponsor hold?

Mt. Me is very well educated and holds many certificates the is not enough room to
begin to list them, though the certificates she is currently working under, A
Registered Mental Nurse, active and State Registered Nurse, inactive.

Is this sufficient answer or should a detailed list of Ms. Me's educational history
be included ? +++the relevent, was sufficent+++

Thank you very much for your time and effort in reading and answering the questions
I have asked, and would very much like to hear any suggestions as to anything that
would be useful to help expedite this application, in addition to that I have
listed above.

Sincerely, Phaithles

--
the ends equal the means

Old May 19th 2001, 7:05 am
phaithles

EddieUK wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

For what it is worth Eddie, I will post a letter i sent to the NY British consulate
www.britain-info.org/consular/visas/guidance/Settlement_Fiance(e)s.asp did provide
all of the nessersary details and from the receipt of all information it was about a
week later i received my visa, though, as i had mentioned in the previous post, that
i had delayed in sending the paperwork in for various financial reasons and when i
did, Ms.Me's financial statements were outdated and needed to be re confirmed, All in
all the only real interest the British INS seemed to take in us was that we would not
be using any public funds, Though all in all, i wouldn't be a bit surprised if they
really just like making things fairly simple and straight forward in comparison to
the American system, though just between you me and any other reading this, I have a
system...and then some

the names have been changed for the obvious reasons obviously, your mileage may vary,

Dear Sir or Madame, My name is Phaithles and I am attempting to gain more concise
(www.britain-info.org/consular/visas/guidance/Settlement_Fiance(e)s.asp) as a basic
following paper work;

3) Certified copies of her savings bank book,and bank book showing income for last
six months
9) Telephone bills, showing a small amount of the communication we enjoy with one
another (we also enjoy long amounts of communication due to Yahoo.coms messenger
10) A cover letter stating Ms.Me's intent to marry me and a tentative date (this
11) Her return airline ticket, from when she came to visit me. yada-04-2000 till
yada-06 -2000)

12) My United States Passport #yada dada da issued 10-07-2000 expires 09-07-2000
13) A cover letter stating my hopes and intentions on favorable consideration of

Ms.Me and myself both understand that I will not be able to secure employment prior
to our marriage. and feel that with a small amount of prudence we should have no
that don't seem worth the cost of their shipping, namely a mobile home, a utility
we feel are worth shipping are, my tools, which guarantee me a income, my pc, and
other personal effects of that nature. When the time frame is more established, I
suitable employers in both the mechanical and service fields as well my prefered

properly answering

On form IM2 B (GV 22) Section A The Sponsor in the United Kingdom Question B.4 Is the

She is a British national, born in UK So I assume the answer t o this is no, since

Section B Accommodation in the United Kingdom Question B.7 Please state the address

Is this question asking for my current address, or the address of my sponsor/Fiancee?

Mt. Me is very well educated and holds many certificates the is not enough room to

Is this sufficient answer or should a detailed list of Ms. Me's educational history

Thank you very much for your time and effort in reading and answering the questions
I have asked, and would very much like to hear any suggestions as to anything that
listed above.

Sincerely, Phaithles

--
the ends equal the means

Old May 19th 2001, 7:07 am
phaithles

EddieUK wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

system...and then some

following paper work;

six months
yada-06 -2000)

properly answering

listed above.

Sincerely, Phaithles

--
the ends equal the means