Wikiposts

My London Interview

Old Sep 4th 2002, 3:16 am
Morkai Kurst

Default My London Interview

Started off Tuesday night when I got the train down to Oxford Circus to stay in the
delights of the YHA. Not bad for 26 quid in total, 24 for the room and 2 pounds cause
I wasn't a member. It was a two bed room and I discovered I was sharing with someone
else but she didn't snore so that was okay

Got up at 6.45 and was out of the YHA by 7.10 thinking no problem, its not far from
here (remembering when Mum and I had been looking at the map) When I reached Holborn
road I figured something was amiss and turned round and headed to the other end of
oxford street *sigh*

Anyway I arrived at the doctors office at 8am totally out of breath and probably
looking like a beetroot and was given a pink folder, told to read the sheet already
in there and put my passport, photo, questionairre and vaccination info in there. The
waiting room was filled with people already and I thought I was in for a long wait
however I was called up third. Went back to the desk and was given my passport back
and asked to pay the 125 pound fee. Then I was sent downstairs with a green folder
that had the rest of my bits in and gave that to the nurse down there. She called me
in, checked my vaccination records and stole some of my precious lifeblood.

Was sent back out to the waiting room again where I decided to pay a visit to the
intruiging bathroom people have mentioned but was forestalled by a male nurse calling
my name. *doh* He showed me into a cubical told me to take of my top, necklace and
bra and put on the white gown thing. Very nice chap. Asked if anything else had
appeared on the net about the surgery and I told him that he had been mentioned on
here before He did say it would be nice if everyone who had a medical done there
sent a postcard from where they ended up after they got their visa so he could start
a collection on the wall, so I promised I'd send him one of louisianna to start the
collection

Anyway got the xray done and was sent into the doctors office who asked me a couple
of questions about the couple of yes's I'd ticked on the questionairre then asked me
to get on the couch where she did a quick breast examination, listened to my
breathing and delighted in the fact that I was a self taught programmer

Overall a very nice bunch, I got my xray when I came out and was sent over to the
embassy, Left there at 9am via the bathroom for a quick oogle, it really is worth
going and checking out

9.15 was at the embassy, had to show my letter at the front gate and then was pointed
to the entance round the corner where I met the two comedians who were doing
security, they took my cellphone and scanned my bags then sent me up the stairs to
the main waiting area. Handed my letter to the lady at the desk and was asked to go
sit down. Bout 20 mins later I was called back up and gave over all my documents
plus the copies. (And I've just realised she never asked for the adit photo's) She
asked for each document individually and stumped me when she asked for a second
DS-156 form, I musta missed that in the instructions somehwhere, fortunately she
just photocopied it and let me stick another of the passport style photo's on it.
When I gave her the scans of the Affidavit she asked if I had the originals and I
said no, but I could bring them down in a couple of days. She said okay and told me
to go back to my seat.

Called up yet again to a second desk, it was behind a partition but still open for
everyone to hear and discovered that this was my interview. The gentleman asked me to
raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth which I did. He then asked me how
long I had known my partner, when I had met him for the first time and if I had met
his parents, he then asked me his mums full name. Asked how we celebrated his last
birthday to which I said we didn't because I wasn't with him at that point but that
we had gone to the zoo for mine when I was there. He then asked me his birthdate. At
that point he told me to come back at 1pm to collect my visa as long as my medical
came back clean. Slightly confused I just assumed I would be asked when I got back to
bring my missing document down and get my actual visa then since I thought they were
waiting on the medical results to give me final approval pending the production of
original affidavit.

I went back at 12.45 and glad I did because just as I got in I heard my name called,
went back to the desk and she presented me with my passport which had a nice shiny
visa inside and the mysterious brown envelope.

Stunned and slightly shocked but extremely happy I plodded my weary way back home to
tell my beloved the good news.

So in conclusion, the colour scans of the affidavit and supporting evidence was
acceptable and I didn't need the 3 adit photo's they aked for on the checklist.

A good day in all despite the ominus start.. Remember folks, Hyde Park is west of
oxford circus... *sigh*

Thankyou to everyone for their help and support through this stage.

Morkai

Old Sep 4th 2002, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Sioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really niceSioneva is just really nice
Default Re: My London Interview

congratulations! Glad to hear things went smoothly (for the most part, anyhow
Old Sep 4th 2002, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Hi,
Congratulations, it wasn't so bad was it ?

Just read through your days experience.
You lucky girl, it's the first posting I've ever read
where you didn't have to pay the visa fee !!!!

Good luck when you get here

Roger
Old Sep 4th 2002, 4:21 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations and all that rot ;-)))

Great news about the affidavit too.

Rete
Old Sep 4th 2002, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations but one question, from your approval, roughly how long did it take to get your interview date?
Old Sep 4th 2002, 6:55 am
Morkai Kurst

It certainly wasn't, I was worrying myself endlessly about the affidavit - I still
think someone made a mistake but since I got my visa then that's the last I have to
worry about it.

Oh, I must admit I was wondering why, since they have a cashier there, that they
cannot accept K1 visa fees to be paid at the embassy. I had to go pay that at a
barclays bank prior to my interview, the reciept of which was part of the documents I
was required to hand over

I'm still intuiged as to why they never asked for the adit photo's at all -
the picture on the visa itself is the front face style one I stuck on the
DS-156 - very odd.

Thanks kindly - my other half is bouncing round his office, apparantly every tech
within 100 meters of his office knew I got my visa when I told him *grin*

take care

Morkai

rogerpenycate wrote:
    > Hi, Congratulations, it wasn't so bad was it ?
    > Just read through your days experience. You lucky girl, it's the first posting I've
    > ever read where you didn't have to pay the visa fee !!!!
    > Good luck when you get here
    > Roger

Old Sep 4th 2002, 6:59 am
Morkai Kurst

mrsstrickland wrote:
    > congratulations but one question, from your approval, roughly how long did it take
    > to get your interview date?

Without my delays - 5 weeks

2 weeks for packet 3 to appear after approval from TSC. 3 weeks after I sent off the
forms and checklist I got my interview date which was set for 4 weeks later

hth

Morkai

Old Sep 4th 2002, 8:11 am
Sheila

So glad to hear your great news Morkai!!! Where in Louisiana are you going to be? I
live in Louisiana and Clive is coming from the U.K. we've already made friends with
another couple from Baton Rouge/U.K. and plan to meet up one day....We could maybe do
a couples night out once everyone is settled
in. I am thinking that it would be a bit easier on Clive to adjust and have something
in common with others until he catches onto the Cajun life. And wanted to tell
you that all plans are made and were getting married on the 20th underneath the
famous Evangeline Oak with the Romero Brothers performing with there
Accordions!!!

--
Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)

"Morkai Kurst" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Started off Tuesday night when I got the train down to Oxford Circus to
stay
    > in the delights of the YHA. Not bad for 26 quid in total, 24 for the room and 2
    > pounds cause I wasn't a member. It was a two bed room and I
discovered
    > I was sharing with someone else but she didn't snore so that was okay
    > Got up at 6.45 and was out of the YHA by 7.10 thinking no problem, its not far from
    > here (remembering when Mum and I had been looking at the map)
When
    > I reached Holborn road I figured something was amiss and turned round and headed to
    > the other end of oxford street *sigh*
    > Anyway I arrived at the doctors office at 8am totally out of breath and probably
    > looking like a beetroot and was given a pink folder, told to read the sheet already
    > in there and put my passport, photo, questionairre and vaccination info in there.
    > The waiting room was filled with people already and I thought I was in for a long
    > wait however I was called up third. Went back to the desk and was given my passport
    > back and asked to pay the 125 pound fee. Then I was sent downstairs with a green
    > folder that had the
rest
    > of my bits in and gave that to the nurse down there. She called me in, checked my
    > vaccination records and stole some of my precious lifeblood.
    > Was sent back out to the waiting room again where I decided to pay a visit to the
    > intruiging bathroom people have mentioned but was forestalled by a male nurse
    > calling my name. *doh* He showed me into a cubical told me to take of my top,
    > necklace and bra and put on the white gown thing. Very
nice
    > chap. Asked if anything else had appeared on the net about the surgery and
I
    > told him that he had been mentioned on here before He did say it would
be
    > nice if everyone who had a medical done there sent a postcard from where they ended
    > up after they got their visa so he could start a collection on the wall, so I
    > promised I'd send him one of louisianna to start the collection
    > Anyway got the xray done and was sent into the doctors office who asked me
a
    > couple of questions about the couple of yes's I'd ticked on the questionairre then
    > asked me to get on the couch where she did a quick
breast
    > examination, listened to my breathing and delighted in the fact that I was
a
    > self taught programmer
    > Overall a very nice bunch, I got my xray when I came out and was sent over to the
    > embassy, Left there at 9am via the bathroom for a quick oogle, it really is worth
    > going and checking out
    > 9.15 was at the embassy, had to show my letter at the front gate and then was
    > pointed to the entance round the corner where I met the two comedians who were
    > doing security, they took my cellphone and scanned my bags then sent me up the
    > stairs to the main waiting area. Handed my letter to the
lady
    > at the desk and was asked to go sit down. Bout 20 mins later I was called back up
    > and gave over all my documents plus the copies. (And I've just realised she never
    > asked for the adit photo's) She asked for each document individually and stumped me
    > when she asked for a second DS-156 form, I
musta
    > missed that in the instructions somehwhere, fortunately she just
photocopied
    > it and let me stick another of the passport style photo's on it. When I
gave
    > her the scans of the Affidavit she asked if I had the originals and I said no, but
    > I could bring them down in a couple of days. She said okay and
told
    > me to go back to my seat.
    > Called up yet again to a second desk, it was behind a partition but still open for
    > everyone to hear and discovered that this was my interview. The gentleman asked me
    > to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth
which
    > I did. He then asked me how long I had known my partner, when I had met
him
    > for the first time and if I had met his parents, he then asked me his mums full
    > name. Asked how we celebrated his last birthday to which I said we didn't because I
    > wasn't with him at that point but that we had gone to the zoo for mine when I was
    > there. He then asked me his birthdate. At that
point
    > he told me to come back at 1pm to collect my visa as long as my medical
came
    > back clean. Slightly confused I just assumed I would be asked when I got back to
    > bring my missing document down and get my actual visa then since I thought they
    > were waiting on the medical results to give me final approval pending the
    > production of original affidavit.
    > I went back at 12.45 and glad I did because just as I got in I heard my
name
    > called, went back to the desk and she presented me with my passport which had a
    > nice shiny visa inside and the mysterious brown envelope.
    > Stunned and slightly shocked but extremely happy I plodded my weary way
back
    > home to tell my beloved the good news.
    > So in conclusion, the colour scans of the affidavit and supporting
evidence
    > was acceptable and I didn't need the 3 adit photo's they aked for on the checklist.
    > A good day in all despite the ominus start.. Remember folks, Hyde Park is west of
    > oxford circus... *sigh*
    > Thankyou to everyone for their help and support through this stage.
    > Morkai

Old Sep 4th 2002, 8:49 am
Morkai Kurst

Sheila wrote:
    > So glad to hear your great news Morkai!!! Where in Louisiana are you going to be? I
    > live in Louisiana and Clive is coming from the U.K. we've already made friends with
    > another couple from Baton Rouge/U.K. and plan to meet up one day....We could maybe
    > do a couples night out once everyone is settled in. I am thinking that it would be
    > a bit easier on Clive to adjust and have something in common with others until he
    > catches onto the Cajun life. And wanted to tell you that all plans are made and
    > were getting married on the 20th underneath the famous Evangeline Oak with the
    > Romero Brothers performing with there Accordions!!!

Thankyou

We are up in Monroe, land of the resturants

If you haven't already introduce Clive to the wonders of Crawfish etoufee, thats what
got me hooked on the cajun way and I didn't even like spicy food at that point

I know of Baton Rouge thought haven't been there yet, I have the distinct feeling
that its down the bottom of Louisiana isn't it? Havent got a map to hand at the
moment, might be a bit far but perhaps we can figure something

Wedding sounds lovely, we've not organised anything yet, going to have a small legal
one for INS purposes then sit a plan a proper one for the spring that my family will
come out too. We are too disorganised to arrange things when we are so far apart so
we gave up trying. The only coherant thought we have had is to hold it in the park.
Its beautiful in there.

Take care, just take the nospam. outta my addy if you want to reply off group.

Morkai

Old Sep 4th 2002, 9:28 am
Sheila

Morkai

when I try to reply to you it just puts you name up so I don't know how to take the
no spam out....just email me directly and then I will have your
[email protected]

--

Texas Service Center / London Embassy

6/17/02- Mailed I-129f petition to TSC from the United Kingdom

6/18/02-Received first NOA from TSC

6/19/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file

6/20/02- Received 2nd NOA from TSC

6/21/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02

6/22/02- Received Visa "Morkai Kurst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:al5rlv$hss$1$830fa7b3@n-
ews.demon.co.uk
    > Sheila wrote:
    > > So glad to hear your great news Morkai!!! Where in Louisiana are you going to be?
    > > I live in Louisiana and Clive is coming from the U.K. we've already made friends
    > > with another couple from Baton Rouge/U.K. and plan to meet up one day....We could
    > > maybe do a couples night out once everyone is settled in. I am thinking that it
    > > would be a bit easier on Clive to adjust and have something in common with others
    > > until he catches onto the Cajun life. And wanted to tell you that all plans are
    > > made and were getting married on the 20th underneath the famous Evangeline Oak
    > > with the Romero Brothers performing with there Accordions!!!
    > Thankyou
    > We are up in Monroe, land of the resturants
    > If you haven't already introduce Clive to the wonders of Crawfish etoufee, thats
    > what got me hooked on the cajun way and I didn't even like spicy
food
    > at that point
    > I know of Baton Rouge thought haven't been there yet, I have the distinct feeling
    > that its down the bottom of Louisiana isn't it? Havent got a map
to
    > hand at the moment, might be a bit far but perhaps we can figure something
    >
    > Wedding sounds lovely, we've not organised anything yet, going to have a small
    > legal one for INS purposes then sit a plan a proper one for the
spring
    > that my family will come out too. We are too disorganised to arrange
things
    > when we are so far apart so we gave up trying. The only coherant thought
we
    > have had is to hold it in the park. Its beautiful in there.
    > Take care, just take the nospam. outta my addy if you want to reply off group.
    > Morkai

Old Sep 4th 2002, 10:34 am
Sheila

lol...make sure you take out the address...

--

Texas Service Center / London Embassy

6/17/02- Mailed I-129f petition to TSC from the United Kingdom

6/18/02-Received first NOA from TSC

6/19/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file

6/20/02- Received 2nd NOA from TSC

6/21/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02

6/22/02- Received Visa "Sheila" <[email protected]> wrote in message [url-
="news:[email protected]"]news:[email protected]
m[/url]...
    > Morkai
    > when I try to reply to you it just puts you name up so I don't know how to take the
    > no spam out....just email me directly and then I will have your
    > [email protected]
    > --
    > Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)
    > Texas Service Center / London Embassy
    > 6/17/02- Mailed I-129f petition to TSC from the United Kingdom
    > 6/21/02-Received first NOA from TSC
    > 7/23/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file
    > 7/24/02- Received 2nd NOA from TSC
    > 8/08/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02
    > 9/03/02- Received Visa "Morkai Kurst" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:al5rlv$hss$1$-
    > [email protected]
    > > Sheila wrote:
    > > > So glad to hear your great news Morkai!!! Where in Louisiana are you going to
    > > > be? I live in Louisiana and Clive is coming from the U.K. we've already made
    > > > friends with another couple from Baton Rouge/U.K. and plan to meet up one
    > > > day....We could maybe do a couples night out once everyone is settled in. I am
    > > > thinking that it would be a bit easier on Clive to adjust and have something in
    > > > common with others until he catches onto the Cajun life. And wanted to tell you
    > > > that all plans are made and were getting married on the 20th underneath the
    > > > famous Evangeline Oak with the Romero Brothers performing with there
    > > > Accordions!!!
    > >
    > > Thankyou
    > >
    > > We are up in Monroe, land of the resturants
    > >
    > > If you haven't already introduce Clive to the wonders of Crawfish
etoufee,
    > > thats what got me hooked on the cajun way and I didn't even like spicy
    > food
    > > at that point
    > >
    > > I know of Baton Rouge thought haven't been there yet, I have the
distinct
    > > feeling that its down the bottom of Louisiana isn't it? Havent got a map
    > to
    > > hand at the moment, might be a bit far but perhaps we can figure
something
    > >
    > >
    > > Wedding sounds lovely, we've not organised anything yet, going to have a small
    > > legal one for INS purposes then sit a plan a proper one for the
    > spring
    > > that my family will come out too. We are too disorganised to arrange
    > things
    > > when we are so far apart so we gave up trying. The only coherant thought
    > we
    > > have had is to hold it in the park. Its beautiful in there.
    > >
    > > Take care, just take the nospam. outta my addy if you want to reply off group.
    > >
    > > Morkai
    > >
    > >

Old Sep 4th 2002, 11:33 pm
Jan

congratulations Morkai !!!

"Morkai Kurst" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Started off Tuesday night when I got the train down to Oxford Circus to
stay
    > in the delights of the YHA. Not bad for 26 quid in total, 24 for the room and 2
    > pounds cause I wasn't a member. It was a two bed room and I
discovered
    > I was sharing with someone else but she didn't snore so that was okay
    > Got up at 6.45 and was out of the YHA by 7.10 thinking no problem, its not far from
    > here (remembering when Mum and I had been looking at the map)
When
    > I reached Holborn road I figured something was amiss and turned round and headed to
    > the other end of oxford street *sigh*
    > Anyway I arrived at the doctors office at 8am totally out of breath and probably
    > looking like a beetroot and was given a pink folder, told to read the sheet already
    > in there and put my passport, photo, questionairre and vaccination info in there.
    > The waiting room was filled with people already and I thought I was in for a long
    > wait however I was called up third. Went back to the desk and was given my passport
    > back and asked to pay the 125 pound fee. Then I was sent downstairs with a green
    > folder that had the
rest
    > of my bits in and gave that to the nurse down there. She called me in, checked my
    > vaccination records and stole some of my precious lifeblood.
    > Was sent back out to the waiting room again where I decided to pay a visit to the
    > intruiging bathroom people have mentioned but was forestalled by a male nurse
    > calling my name. *doh* He showed me into a cubical told me to take of my top,
    > necklace and bra and put on the white gown thing. Very
nice
    > chap. Asked if anything else had appeared on the net about the surgery and
I
    > told him that he had been mentioned on here before He did say it would
be
    > nice if everyone who had a medical done there sent a postcard from where they ended
    > up after they got their visa so he could start a collection on the wall, so I
    > promised I'd send him one of louisianna to start the collection
    > Anyway got the xray done and was sent into the doctors office who asked me
a
    > couple of questions about the couple of yes's I'd ticked on the questionairre then
    > asked me to get on the couch where she did a quick
breast
    > examination, listened to my breathing and delighted in the fact that I was
a
    > self taught programmer
    > Overall a very nice bunch, I got my xray when I came out and was sent over to the
    > embassy, Left there at 9am via the bathroom for a quick oogle, it really is worth
    > going and checking out
    > 9.15 was at the embassy, had to show my letter at the front gate and then was
    > pointed to the entance round the corner where I met the two comedians who were
    > doing security, they took my cellphone and scanned my bags then sent me up the
    > stairs to the main waiting area. Handed my letter to the
lady
    > at the desk and was asked to go sit down. Bout 20 mins later I was called back up
    > and gave over all my documents plus the copies. (And I've just realised she never
    > asked for the adit photo's) She asked for each document individually and stumped me
    > when she asked for a second DS-156 form, I
musta
    > missed that in the instructions somehwhere, fortunately she just
photocopied
    > it and let me stick another of the passport style photo's on it. When I
gave
    > her the scans of the Affidavit she asked if I had the originals and I said no, but
    > I could bring them down in a couple of days. She said okay and
told
    > me to go back to my seat.
    > Called up yet again to a second desk, it was behind a partition but still open for
    > everyone to hear and discovered that this was my interview. The gentleman asked me
    > to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth
which
    > I did. He then asked me how long I had known my partner, when I had met
him
    > for the first time and if I had met his parents, he then asked me his mums full
    > name. Asked how we celebrated his last birthday to which I said we didn't because I
    > wasn't with him at that point but that we had gone to the zoo for mine when I was
    > there. He then asked me his birthdate. At that
point
    > he told me to come back at 1pm to collect my visa as long as my medical
came
    > back clean. Slightly confused I just assumed I would be asked when I got back to
    > bring my missing document down and get my actual visa then since I thought they
    > were waiting on the medical results to give me final approval pending the
    > production of original affidavit.
    > I went back at 12.45 and glad I did because just as I got in I heard my
name
    > called, went back to the desk and she presented me with my passport which had a
    > nice shiny visa inside and the mysterious brown envelope.
    > Stunned and slightly shocked but extremely happy I plodded my weary way
back
    > home to tell my beloved the good news.
    > So in conclusion, the colour scans of the affidavit and supporting
evidence
    > was acceptable and I didn't need the 3 adit photo's they aked for on the checklist.
    > A good day in all despite the ominus start.. Remember folks, Hyde Park is west of
    > oxford circus... *sigh*
    > Thankyou to everyone for their help and support through this stage.
    > Morkai