Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My list of documents that I am assembling

Wikiposts

My list of documents that I am assembling

Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My list of documents that I am assembling

As if it could get anymore confusing and inconsistent, they throw office differences at us too...bleh!

Thanks for info, Ray!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Darkie is an unknown quantity at this point

The actual immigration forms don't say anywhere you need to submit a G-325A for the USC spouse, nor any Adit pictures of the USC.

So unless explicitly stated on a form supplied by your local center I don't believe you need to submit these two things.

At least I filed mine in Philly at the beginning of July and have recieved my NOAs.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:19 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Darkie
The actual immigration forms don't say anywhere you need to submit a G-325A for the USC spouse, nor any Adit pictures of the USC.

So unless explicitly stated on a form supplied by your local center I don't believe you need to submit these two things.

At least I filed mine in Philly at the beginning of July and have recieved my NOAs.
For straight AOS (not K-1) there is a G-325 required for BOTH alien and petitioner. Is stated on page 13 http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/...es/i-485pk1.pdf , on the left hand side number A (3 at top of the page.
Patrick
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Darkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, Sorry, I came on a K1, I forgot to mention that in my original post.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:29 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Yes, Sorry, I came on a K1, I forgot to mention that in my original post.
Then you do not require the G-325 for the sponsor, only the alien fills it out. I presume the info on the G-325 has already been given in a previous K-1 form.
Patrick
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

We filed in Philadelphia without the bio form for me (USC) but were asked for it at the interview. Since I had hauled down copies of everything immigration related, I simply gave him a copy from my file, he made the updates in red on the form.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:41 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Folinskyinla reckons on a post I made about my birth cert that USCIS does not care if parents are on the birth cert, I hope he is correct, could be a whole can of worms getting the details why I cannot get a copy with them on it.
Patrick
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:53 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by inquisitive40
Well I do not know if there is a version of a birth cert from 1964 which shows that info of who both birth parents are.
The original files from my adoption were also in a fire in the early 70s and all the papers were lost (from the news report of the time). I am pretty sure my surviving mum would have no idea where the original adoption papers are either.
Getting a little concerned over this
Patrick
It sound like in your position the lack of the paperwork is understandable ..you could always attach a note to explain it ..
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Location: Indianapolis, Indiana headed for Nottinghamshire in May, 2012
Kady is an unknown quantity at this point

Dang my marriage cert from my previous marriage was burned in a fire, would have to order a new one? Is this TOTALLY required?

Patrick

They told me only divorce papers were required. Not marriage certificates from previous marriages.

Kady
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Folinskyinla reckons on a post I made about my birth cert that USCIS does not care if parents are on the birth cert, I hope he is correct, could be a whole can of worms getting the details why I cannot get a copy with them on it.
Patrick

USCIS doesn't but social security does. Do you already have a social security number? My husband's English birth certificate didn't have his parents name listed and they kept on going on and on about that. We were having a problem until I finally got firm and said Listen, that's the way English birth certificates are and that's it. They finally accepted it.

Kady
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kady
USCIS doesn't but social security does. Do you already have a social security number? My husband's English birth certificate didn't have his parents name listed and they kept on going on and on about that. We were having a problem until I finally got firm and said Listen, that's the way English birth certificates are and that's it. They finally accepted it.

Kady
My alien fiance didn't need to show a birth certificate at all when applying for SSN. Just his passport, visa, and temp EAD stamp.

Rene
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Noorah101
My alien fiance didn't need to show a birth certificate at all when applying for SSN. Just his passport, visa, and temp EAD stamp.

Rene

Well Paul was my husband by then (not fiance) and the branch in Indianapolis, Indiana makes you show one. I don't know if it's up to each individual office what the rules are or what.

Kady
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:21 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm the exception to the rule. The lady at Miami asked me for a G325a for Corey (USC), as well as his birth certificate. Neither of these things are listed as requirements, but she wouldn't accept the AOS file without them.

Once I had the G325a and birth cert, a different officer I got looked at them with a puzzled expression but didn't question why they were in there. She did, however, ask me where my I-130 was. (Which I know for a fact ISN'T required for a standard K1 application, ie, no overstay.) I told her that, and she went to ask a colleague and informed me I was right. So there you go. Either these offices have extremely different rules, or the staff just don't know what they're doing most of the time.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

AnnaV is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it says it in the supporting documents required that divorce papers for all previous marriages are required to show that each person is free to marry, I have not found anywhere where it says the original marriage cert is required also for previous marriages?
Patrick
I didn't send any other marriage certificates besides ours. I did send in my husband's divorce decree (final judgment, not the settlement). By the way, Patrick, we also went through SF.

Anna
Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:18 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by AnnaV
I didn't send any other marriage certificates besides ours. I did send in my husband's divorce decree (final judgment, not the settlement). By the way, Patrick, we also went through SF.

Anna
Thanks Anna.
Well I went back to talk with the attorney I had do my divorce and we talked about the pitfalls (sales talk ) of filing the papers myself, he did a deal on the fees involved and I think we will use him to file. He is going to check into my birth cert and make sure it will be accepted.
He will also come to our AOS interview for a flat fee which is one of the parts of the process we really wanted him there for.
Patrick