Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My list of documents that I am assembling

Wikiposts

My list of documents that I am assembling

Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My list of documents that I am assembling

Originally posted by katesuiter1
I wouldn't use staples. They'll probably re-arrange everything anyway, and you don't want them tearing your forms. I always found a two-hole punch and ACCO fasteners to be the most effective way to arrange my papers. At our AOS interview, I also noticed that they'd arranged my entire file that way.

Kate. xxx
I stapled relevant information together - for example, the sheet where I typed up the reason for requesting AP, I stapled to the I-131 application. I stapled each year of the tax return pages together, so the whole year would be in one group. But otherwise, I held it all together with a binder clip.

Rene
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:32 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Does anyone know is it only the immigrant that has to send previous marriage cert? I have not read this anywhere else?
Not even sure how I can get my marriage cert from Ireland.
Patrick
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:36 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by inquisitive40
Does anyone know is it only the immigrant that has to send previous marriage cert? I have not read this anywhere else?
Not even sure how I can get my marriage cert from Ireland.
Patrick
I dont remembering supply marriage cert ..but had to supply divorce papers...

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/birth/after_...html#id3113762
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:39 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally posted by ray6
Yes it says it in the supporting documents required that divorce papers for all previous marriages are required to show that each person is free to marry, I have not found anywhere where it says the original marriage cert is required also for previous marriages?
Patrick
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:40 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK for the K3 for whatever reason, we were told that my DH had to supply a copy of his previous marriage's marriage certificate, yet all I ever had to send in was my divorce decree from my first marriage.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:42 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by cindyabs
In the UK for the K3 for whatever reason, we were told that my DH had to supply a copy of his previous marriage's marriage certificate, yet all I ever had to send in was my divorce decree from my first marriage.
Well I hope that is just a K-3 requisite??
Patrick
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it says it in the supporting documents required that divorce papers for all previous marriages are required to show that each person is free to marry, I have not found anywhere where it says the original marriage cert is required also for previous marriages?
Patrick
I did not supply previous marriage certificates....only the dissolution of marriages.

Rene
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:44 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by Noorah101
I did not supply previous marriage certificates....only the dissolution of marriages.

Rene
Was your husband married previously? It might be just the immigrant that needs it?
Patrick
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:46 am

Was your husband married previously? It might be just the immigrant that needs it?
Patrick
I, the USC, was married before.....but my alien husband was not previously married. We only needed to supply such information from my side.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Having a bit of a scarey feeling here. We didn't have to file the I-130 for AOS since my hubby came in on a K1, but for the I-485, all we supplied was a G-325A for him, and not one for me. I read the instructions and I don't remember reading that the US spouse had to supply one. Did I make a mistake, and we are missing something that is required?

Also, I don't think we supplied any pictures of me since I don't remember reading that one was required of the US spouse.

Is a G-325A and ADIT of US spouse only required when filing the I-130 simultaneously with the I-485, or is it required for anyone filing the I-485? Thanks everyone!

Jamie

~holding my breath until I get an answer & hoping I did not make a very big mistake
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:47 am

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Having a bit of a scarey feeling here. We didn't have to file the I-130 for AOS since my hubby came in on a K1, but for the I-485, all we supplied was a G-325A for him, and not one for me. I read the instructions and I don't remember reading that the US spouse had to supply one. Did I make a mistake, and we are missing something that is required?

Also, I don't think we supplied any pictures of me since I don't remember reading that one was required of the US spouse.

Is a G-325A and ADIT of US spouse only required when filing the I-130 simultaneously with the I-485, or is it required for anyone filing the I-485? Thanks everyone!

Jamie

~holding my breath until I get an answer & hoping I did not make a very big mistake
Hi Jamie,

I did exactly as you did. Only supplied a G-325A for the alien spouse, and only ADIT pics for the alien spouse also. Don't worry

Rene
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:47 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

I checked on that link and it does have Long Form listed, I wonder what the long form looks like, I know the version I have is the original my adopted parents were given, I also know that my original birth cert from when I was born is not available to me due to privacy law for my birth mother.
I hope the one I have is accepted.
Patrick
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I checked on that link and it does have Long Form listed, I wonder what the long form looks like, I know the version I have is the original my adopted parents were given, I also know that my original birth cert from when I was born is not available to me due to privacy law for my birth mother.
I hope the one I have is accepted.
Patrick
Hmmm..you may want to include, if possible, the papers your parents signed when you were adopted (to prove the adoption) and possibly a copy of the Irish statute stating that you cannot obtain a copy of your original birth certificate and include a letter explaining the situation. It sounds like overkill, but with the USCIS you need to cover your arse.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:54 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

[Hi Jamie ..this has come up before when I said we had too supply 2x 325...evrybody said no way ..it turned out the requirements differ at different offices ..Tampa requirement listed
Adjustment of Status:
Form I-485 package, Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status *I-130, *I-864, *I-765, *I-131 - *Forms should be sent together with the I-485 when filed jointly for adjustment of status. Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, is not required at the time of filing, however, it must be submitted by the time of the interview. Also, please be reminded that if you do not bring all the current, required documents to the interview, the processing of your application will be greatly delayed.
Adjustment of Status applications and supporting documents should be filed in the following order when filing at the Tampa USCIS:

I-131, Application for Advance Parole and Supplement to Form I-131 and 2 Immigration photographs (this form is optional);
I-765, Application for Employment Authorization;
I-485, Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status;
I-485A, Supplement A to Form I-485 (If Form I-485A is required and/or if you need to file Form I-485A, a penalty fee of $1,000 is required in addition to the standard I-485 processing fee);
G-325, Biographic Information form for the applicant (attach 2 immigration photographs for the applicant to the bottom-left corner of this form);
Birth certificate for the applicant (copy with complete English translation is required);
Proof of legal entry (copy of I-94 or entry stamp on passport);
I-864, Affidavit of Support, completed and signed before a notary public;
Copies of complete Federal income tax return for the most recent three tax years (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040 EZ; W-2's are not acceptable);
Evidence of current employment or self-employment, a statement from employer showing beginning date of employment, type of work performed, and salary, or recent pay statement;
I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, or;
Submit a copy of the I-130 Approval Notice Form I-797;
G-325, Biographic Information form for U.S. citizen spouse (attach 1 immigration photograph to the bottom-left corner of this form);
United States citizens or nationals submit a copy of civil birth certificate (NO hospital registration form), a copy of a valid U.S. passport, or naturalization certificate (photocopy is acceptable);
Submit a certified copy of marriage license - official court-issued document;
Divorce decrees, death certificate of previous marriages for both applicant and spouse;
$50 service fee for fingerprinting is required at the time of filing;
Original signatures are required on all government forms. No photocopies signatures.

oops the fingerprint amount is out of date
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:01 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
Hmmm..you may want to include, if possible, the papers your parents signed when you were adopted (to prove the adoption) and possibly a copy of the Irish statute stating that you cannot obtain a copy of your original birth certificate and include a letter explaining the situation. It sounds like overkill, but with the USCIS you need to cover your arse.
Well I do not know if there is a version of a birth cert from 1964 which shows that info of who both birth parents are.
The original files from my adoption were also in a fire in the early 70s and all the papers were lost (from the news report of the time). I am pretty sure my surviving mum would have no idea where the original adoption papers are either.
Getting a little concerned over this
Patrick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.