Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My list of documents that I am assembling

Wikiposts

My list of documents that I am assembling

Old Jul 19th 2004, 4:50 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all
Default My list of documents that I am assembling

Hi all,
Below are the list of what I intend to file with USCIS. Is this EVERYTHING I need? Also everything I have listed for photocopies, do I need to send originals of any of them?
Should ALL the AOS envelope docs be stapled together OR should the I-130 be left seperate? Do USCIS prefer paper clips over staples? What is the best way?
TIA
Patrick

AOS Envelope:
• Form I-130
• Check for $185
(all the other supporting documents are with I-485)
• Form I-485
• Check for $315 for I-485
• Check for $70 to cover biometrics
• Photocopy of certified copy of marriage certificate
• Photocopy of I-94, front and back
• Photocopy of alien birth certificate
• Photocopy of alien passport
• Two ADIT style photos, Sponsor and Alien
• G-325A for alien and G-325A for sponsor
• I-864 w/supporting docs
(employment letter, last 3 pay stubs, and 3 years
tax transcripts - all photocopies)
• Photocopy of USC birth certificate OR Passport
• Photocopy of dissolution of prior marriages for
both sponsor and alien.
• The sealed Medical I-693 form from Immigration approved surgeon.

EAD Envelope:
• Form I-765
• Check for $175 for I-765
• Two ADIT style photos (both of the immigrant)
• Photocopy of I-485 to prove submission

No advance Parole application due to being out of status.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

thereyet44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My list of documents that I am assembling

I'm about to send in our app as well. I believe you will need two additional photographs of your spouse for the I-485.

I-130 - one photo each of sponser and spouse
I-485 - two photo's of spouse
I-765 - one photo of spouse

I am planning on one cover letter and three sub-packets. Each sub-packet is the assembled application held together by binder clips. I tried to follow the UCIS guidelines for assembling applications. So, my app looks like:

AOS Envelope (marked I-485/I-130/I-765)
- Cover Letter
- I-485 packet
- Money order to "UCIS" for $385 (includes biometrics)
- Two photo's of spouse (write name and A# on back)
- The completed & signed application form
- Completed and signed G325A for spouse
- Birth certificate for spouse
- Copy of passport (with F-1 visa stamp)
- Copy of I-94 (front and back)
- Copy of EAD (front and back)
- Sealed medical (I-693)
- I-864 (notarized)
- Copy of three most recent pay stubs
- Copy of last three years fed. tax returns (w/ W-2)
- IRS transcript of last 4 years fed tax returns
- I-130
- Money order to "UCIS" for $185
- one photo each of sponser and spouse (write name and A# on back)
- Completed and signed G325A for sponser and spouse
- Notarized copy of sponser's Naturalization Certificate
- Copy of civil marriage certificate
- I-765
- Money order to "UCIS" for $175
- Two photo's of spouse (write name and A# on back)
- Copy of I-94 (front and back)
- Copy of EAD (front and back)

I realize that I have duplicated the G-325A, I-94 and EAD, but I did so since it is not clear that all three will be processed at once.

Hope this helps. I'm sure its as nutty for you as it is for me, trying to ensure that you have everything in place. Please let me know if I'm missing anything as well.

Good Luck to you!!!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

I just realized I had a typo - I meant "USCIS" and not "UCIS"
Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Also, per USCIS assemblly guidelines, I put each set of photos into an envelope.

Also, the USCIS guidelines state that they no longer require originals or notarized copies - plain photocopies should be suffcient. This was also reiterated by a couple of other members to a similar question I had posted earlier
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:31 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally posted by thereyet44
Also, per USCIS assemblly guidelines, I put each set of photos into an envelope.

Also, the USCIS guidelines state that they no longer require originals or notarized copies - plain photocopies should be suffcient. This was also reiterated by a couple of other members to a similar question I had posted earlier
Thank you very much for the help. The extra photographs I was not aware of and so will add that to my list. I was thinking that all I needed was the completed I-130 and that all the supporting documents from the I-485 would be valid for the I-130, but as you have pointed out, the pics are slightly different i.e. 2 pics of myself and wife for I-130 and for the I-485 2 pics of myself alone.
Patrick
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:39 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ensure birth certificates are long form..not the small ones ..
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:45 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by inquisitive40
Thank you very much for the help. The extra photographs I was not aware of and so will add that to my list. I was thinking that all I needed was the completed I-130 and that all the supporting documents from the I-485 would be valid for the I-130, but as you have pointed out, the pics are slightly different i.e. 2 pics of myself and wife for I-130 and for the I-485 2 pics of myself alone.
Patrick
Below is my revised I-130 list. For the I-765 I presume you have an EAD from a K-1? I have no EAD because of just filing AOS itself, this is correct?
Patrick

• Form I-130
• Check for $185
• One photo each of sponser and spouse (write name and
A# on back)
• The completed & signed application form
• Completed and signed G325A for sponser and spouse
• Copy of civil marriage certificate
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

For the I-765 I presume you have an EAD from a K-1? I have no EAD because of just filing AOS itself, this is correct?
Patrick
My spouse's EAD is from the optional practical training (OPT) allowed for F-1 students
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:04 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't use staples. They'll probably re-arrange everything anyway, and you don't want them tearing your forms. I always found a two-hole punch and ACCO fasteners to be the most effective way to arrange my papers. At our AOS interview, I also noticed that they'd arranged my entire file that way.

Kate. xxx
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:59 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by ray6
Ensure birth certificates are long form..not the small ones ..
That would be for the US citizen? I think there is only a standard birth cert in Ireland. I am thinking we may just use my wife's passport even though the address on it is from St Louis when we lived there, will that cause too much confusion?
Thanks for all the great help and tips.
Patrick
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:06 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

That would be for the US citizen? I think there is only a standard birth cert in Ireland. I am thinking we may just use my wife's passport even though the address on it is from St Louis when we lived there, will that cause too much confusion?
Patrick
BTW I now need 6 ADIT pics total now? 2 of myself for I-765, one each of myself and wife for I-130 and 2 of myself for I-485. Is this correct?
Patrick
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:10 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick
No idea! but the one they want usually.... require the names the parents on it.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:15 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by ray6
No idea! but the one they want usually.... require the names the parents on it.
Well my birth cert has only my name on it, I am adopted and so it may be different to a normal birth cert, my one is the original that my parents had,,, VERY old,, like me
Patrick
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:21 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Below are the list of what I intend to file with USCIS. Is this EVERYTHING I need? Also everything I have listed for photocopies, do I need to send originals of any of them?
Should ALL the AOS envelope docs be stapled together OR should the I-130 be left seperate? Do USCIS prefer paper clips over staples? What is the best way?
TIA
Patrick

AOS Envelope:
• Form I-130
• Check for $185
(all the other supporting documents are with I-485)
• Form I-485
• Check for $315 for I-485
• Check for $70 to cover biometrics
• Photocopy of certified copy of marriage certificate
• Photocopy of alien birth certificate
• Photocopy of alien passport
• Two ADIT style photos, Sponsor and Alien
• G-325A for alien and G-325A for sponsor
• I-864 w/supporting docs
(employment letter, last 3 pay stubs, and 3 years
tax transcripts - all photocopies)
• Photocopy of dissolution of prior marriages for
both sponsor and alien.
• The sealed Medical I-693 form from Immigration approved surgeon.

EAD Envelope:
• Form I-765
• Check for $175 for I-765
• Two ADIT style photos (both of the immigrant)
• Photocopy of I-485 to prove submission

No advance Parole application due to being out of status.

i had to send my marraige cert. for my previous marraige. i had my package returned as this was missing.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:25 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by candy wy.
i had to send my marraige cert. for my previous marraige. i had my package returned as this was missing.
Dang my marriage cert from my previous marriage was burned in a fire, would have to order a new one? Is this TOTALLY required?

Patrick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.