My Korean wife just received the ds-230 etc

Wikiposts

My Korean wife just received the ds-230 etc

Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:47 am
Just Joined

netguysc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Korean wife just received the ds-230 etc

Hi,
I am a US citizen and my wife (South Korean citizen) finally received her (what used to be called Packet 3) DS-230 associated with our I-130 application and I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with.

It is my understanding that the requirements at this stage vary according to country.

1. She saids that the DS-230 saids that it and all other info must be sent to NVC. What other info does it mean?

2. I will now complete the I-864 .. the one sent to me is basically lost ... I will download a new one but I am confused at to where I send it..
a. Do I send it to my wife for her to take to the interview?
b. Do I send it to NVC?

It is my understanding thta my wife should only send the ds-230 and the other form with the bar code to the NVC and then to wait for the interview letter, at thaty time she should bring the I-864, police certificate, birth certs, marrige certificate etc. am I right? or wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, my wife is very good at english but I am having a hard time understanding the forms as she reads themn to me over the phone.

Thank you for your time
Old Aug 18th 2004, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Korean wife just received the ds-230 etc

Originally Posted by netguysc
Hi,
I am a US citizen and my wife (South Korean citizen) finally received her (what used to be called Packet 3) DS-230 associated with our I-130 application and I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with.

It is my understanding that the requirements at this stage vary according to country.

1. She saids that the DS-230 saids that it and all other info must be sent to NVC. What other info does it mean?

2. I will now complete the I-864 .. the one sent to me is basically lost ... I will download a new one but I am confused at to where I send it..
a. Do I send it to my wife for her to take to the interview?
b. Do I send it to NVC?

It is my understanding thta my wife should only send the ds-230 and the other form with the bar code to the NVC and then to wait for the interview letter, at thaty time she should bring the I-864, police certificate, birth certs, marrige certificate etc. am I right? or wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, my wife is very good at english but I am having a hard time understanding the forms as she reads themn to me over the phone.

Thank you for your time
Hi:

The "NVC" will receive the I-864 and the filing fee.

BTW, only the Embassy can obtain the Korean Police Clearance -- you have to submitt form SEO-11 with an untranslated copy of her ho-juk to the Embassy for them to obtain the police clearance. So that has to be sent to NVC also.