Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My K1 Visa Interview (+ Ross Kemp!)

Wikiposts

My K1 Visa Interview (+ Ross Kemp!)

Old Apr 8th 2010, 3:10 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My K1 Visa Interview (+ Ross Kemp!)

Originally Posted by Chris_UK2WI
Woop Woop... Just got home from work to find the package is here! My passport with the K1 sticker inside it! Yay!
Nice one! All done now

I remember when mine arrived, I had taken the week off work because I didn't want to miss it. I think it came on the Thursday of that week. Not that I cared, I hated that job anyway

Two weeks after, I was on the plane bound (ultimately) for Chicago.

Keep us informed of your next steps, we're all on hand for questions about your AOS and all that other stuff.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

Woop Woop... Just got home from work to find the package is here! My passport with the K1 sticker inside it! Yay!
mine came yesterday aswell, talk about a fast turn around! 3 working days including the day that we went for interview then deliverd on the 4th day! i'm flying on tuesday
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:23 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ja5on
mine came yesterday aswell, talk about a fast turn around! 3 working days including the day that we went for interview then deliverd on the 4th day! i'm flying on tuesday
Nice one, mate - Congratulations!

Where will you be moving to?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 4:01 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

awesome congrats! whereabouts are you from in england?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Nice one, mate - Congratulations!

Where will you be moving to?

heading to virginia for the next 3 years while my better half does her residency, we're gonna be there next week to find an apartment then we're flying back to her home town in north california for the wedding....she's off till mid june and i'm not gonna be allowed to work anyway
Old Apr 10th 2010, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Chris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
awesome congrats! whereabouts are you from in england?
I'm from oop north in Burnley... once famous only for the race riots; now also famous for our soon to be relegated football team
Old Apr 10th 2010, 4:29 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Ja5on
heading to virginia for the next 3 years while my better half does her residency, we're gonna be there next week to find an apartment then we're flying back to her home town in north california for the wedding....she's off till mid june and i'm not gonna be allowed to work anyway
If you do the EAD application at the same time as you do your AOS it shouldn't take long. I arsed mine up somehow and it ended up taking a year to get EAD.

The house was always spotless and we never need a babysitter though
Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:03 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from oop north in Burnley... once famous only for the race riots; now also famous for our soon to be relegated football team
my husbands a northerner himself, from st helens, by wigan famous for...well, the SAINTs and Johnny Wellies!
Old Apr 10th 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

no way! I'm from accrington! I didn't think anyone left burnley.......i take it you don't have any sisters haha
Old Apr 11th 2010, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Chris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud ofChris_UK2WI has much to be proud of

Hehe I have two actually, but they are already married to my brothers!

Crazy, didn't realise you would be so close by... I think you either leave Burnley as soon as you can or you are stuck there forever... that's if you haven't had 3 kids by the time you reach 15
Old Apr 11th 2010, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

my ex was from burnley so my daughter has alot of family there....i think accrington burnley and blackburn are pretty much the same anyway! Good luck with the move anyway.