Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My K1 Interview....July 2nd 2003...part 2

Wikiposts

My K1 Interview....July 2nd 2003...part 2

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Angelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really nice
Default My K1 Interview....July 2nd 2003...part 2

Part 2...the Embassy interview.....

Once I got to the Embassy ( after we took another wrong turning and ended up outside of Bond Street tube station in Oxford Street!! D’oh! 2 ), I walked through the crowd of people ( about 30 ) and told the guard that I had an appointment. He asked me for some ID, and told me to go straight through.

I went to the guy at the reception desk and told him the same, he asked me if I had a cell phone and I handed it to him. He put it in a little locker and gave me the key, and told me to go upstairs and through the door.

I went into the Immigration Visa door, and up to the counter. They have 6 counters in a sort of diagonal line from right to left. Number 1 being at the right, and 6 at the far left side. I gave a woman my letter, and she told me to take a seat. I looked around the room and saw most of the people that were at the doctors with me. 3 people were doing the interviews....at booth 6 was a young guy who looked like a young Donny Osmond ( if you don’t know he is, ask you mother!..lol ), another guy at booth 5, and a woman who looked a bit like Rosanne Barr at booth 4 ( she was the nasty one! ). I was called to booth 2 to hand in my forms. The guy asked me for my passport, birth certificate and copy, and my police certificate and copy, then he asked me for 2 pictures. He got me to sign a form and then told me to sit back down and I’d be called for my interview shortly. I sat for about 35 or 45 minutes I guess, watching the other people get their interviews. A young oriental couple ( not sure if Japanese or Chinese ) were at desk 6. The guy asked them if what they told would be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?...they said “Yes� and then they started. I don’t think they got their visa, as she didn’t make enough money in the U.S. I heard him telling them that for 2 people you need at least $15000, and they would need to get more assets, then they left.

They guy at booth 5 was the one who called me. As I got to the desk, he looked at me and said “I have a big problem sending someone to Bensonhurst in Brooklyn ( my heart dropped ) but before he finished speaking, he said “When I’m from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.. lol�. That was it, we got on like a house on fire. My interview lasted all of 5 minutes, he sat back in his chair and said “Well, what’s the most obvious question?.......where did you meet?�, I said “On the Internet�, and he just put his hands in the air, smiled, then put his head on his desk!! I said “I bet you haven’t heard that before huh?�, and then I told him it was on a vegan web site. He then asked what AdiaStar does for a living, but answered the question himself....saying “Ah, she works for a TV station, that’s good, keep the industry going�...or something like that. Then he asked if we had met each other, and I told him about the times we had, then he started to talk about the New York weather saying “Hmmm November....you haven’t had a proper New York winter yet�, then I told him it’s the heat I don’t like, then he said “Yeah, July and August are the worst time of year for the heat�, then he said “Well, I have no problem giving you a visa!, could you help us out and come back in a bout 45 minutes as we’re low staffed and we have to print them here?� I said sure and that was that....I should mention that I was wearing a Brooklyn Baseball hat and a Brooklyn T-shirt!!! I left there with a huge smile on my face and went out to meet my brother. The guard on the gate to get out was American, he said “So, you’re really into Brooklyn huh?�, I just said yeah and left.

I tried for ages to call AdiaStar, but she was on her way to work and I could tell her.

So, at 12:35 I went back in and waited for them to call my name. I waited about 25 minutes and Rosanne called my name, and told me that I had 90 days yadda yadda yadda!!!

That was that...it took from 8:02am to just before 1pm to have my medical and get my visa! What a day.

Good luck to everyone that has an interview soon...it really is that easy!.

Regards

Lawrence
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 8:16 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My K1 Interview....July 2nd 2003...part 2

Originally posted by Angelus71

Once I got to the Embassy ( after we took another wrong turning and ended up outside of Bond Street tube station in Oxford Street!! D’oh! 2 ), I walked through the crowd of people ( about 30 ) and told the guard that I had an appointment. He asked me for some ID, and told me to go straight through.

I went to the guy at the reception desk and told him the same, he asked me if I had a cell phone and I handed it to him. He put it in a little locker and gave me the key, and told me to go upstairs and through the door.

I went into the Immigration Visa door, and up to the counter. They have 6 counters in a sort of diagonal line from right to left. Number 1 being at the right, and 6 at the far left side. I gave a woman my letter, and she told me to take a seat. I looked around the room and saw most of the people that were at the doctors with me. 3 people were doing the interviews....at booth 6 was a young guy who looked like a young Donny Osmond ( if you don’t know he is, ask you mother!..lol ), another guy at booth 5, and a woman who looked a bit like Rosanne Barr at booth 4 ( she was the nasty one! ). I was called to booth 2 to hand in my forms. The guy asked me for my passport, birth certificate and copy, and my police certificate and copy, then he asked me for 2 pictures. He got me to sign a form and then told me to sit back down and I’d be called for my interview shortly. I sat for about 35 or 45 minutes I guess, watching the other people get their interviews. A young oriental couple ( not sure if Japanese or Chinese ) were at desk 6. The guy asked them if what they told would be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?...they said “Yes� and then they started. I don’t think they got their visa, as she didn’t make enough money in the U.S. I heard him telling them that for 2 people you need at least $15000, and they would need to get more assets, then they left.

They guy at booth 5 was the one who called me. As I got to the desk, he looked at me and said “I have a big problem sending someone to Bensonhurst in Brooklyn ( my heart dropped ) but before he finished speaking, he said “When I’m from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.. lol�. That was it, we got on like a house on fire. My interview lasted all of 5 minutes, he sat back in his chair and said “Well, what’s the most obvious question?.......where did you meet?�, I said “On the Internet�, and he just put his hands in the air, smiled, then put his head on his desk!! I said “I bet you haven’t heard that before huh?�, and then I told him it was on a vegan web site. He then asked what AdiaStar does for a living, but answered the question himself....saying “Ah, she works for a TV station, that’s good, keep the industry going�...or something like that. Then he asked if we had met each other, and I told him about the times we had, then he started to talk about the New York weather saying “Hmmm November....you haven’t had a proper New York winter yet�, then I told him it’s the heat I don’t like, then he said “Yeah, July and August are the worst time of year for the heat�, then he said “Well, I have no problem giving you a visa!, could you help us out and come back in a bout 45 minutes as we’re low staffed and we have to print them here?� I said sure and that was that....I should mention that I was wearing a Brooklyn Baseball hat and a Brooklyn T-shirt!!! I left there with a huge smile on my face and went out to meet my brother. The guard on the gate to get out was American, he said “So, you’re really into Brooklyn huh?�, I just said yeah and left.

I tried for ages to call AdiaStar, but she was on her way to work and I could tell her.

So, at 12:35 I went back in and waited for them to call my name. I waited about 25 minutes and Rosanne called my name, and told me that I had 90 days yadda yadda yadda!!!

That was that...it took from 8:02am to just before 1pm to have my medical and get my visa! What a day.

Good luck to everyone that has an interview soon...it really is that easy!.

Regards

Lawrence
Great story, I really enjoyed reading it!

Congratulations upon your visa!
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 8:54 am
Michelle.Moir

I am very happy to hear such great news:) Well done ! You must be on Cloud
9 I know I would be when my time comes around.

I was wondering if you could give me an indication when you got approved and
your file date so I can gage my timescale
I am UK my fiancé is US
1st NOA 21/04/2003
2nd NOA ?????

"Angelus71" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Part 2...the Embassy interview.....
    > Once I got to the Embassy ( after we took another wrong turning and
    > ended up outside of Bond Street tube station in Oxford Street!! D'oh! 2
    > ), I walked through the crowd of people ( about 30 ) and told the guard
    > that I had an appointment. He asked me for some ID, and told me to go
    > straight through.
    > I went to the guy at the reception desk and told him the same, he
    > asked me if I had a cell phone and I handed it to him. He put it in a
    > little locker and gave me the key, and told me to go upstairs and
    > through the door.
    > I went into the Immigration Visa door, and up to the counter. They have
    > 6 counters in a sort of diagonal line from right to left. Number 1 being
    > at the right, and 6 at the far left side. I gave a woman my letter, and
    > she told me to take a seat. I looked around the room and saw most of the
    > people that were at the doctors with me. 3 people were doing the
    > interviews....at booth 6 was a young guy who looked like a young Donny
    > Osmond ( if you don't know he is, ask you mother!..lol ), another guy at
    > booth 5, and a woman who looked a bit like Rosanne Barr at booth 4 ( she
    > was the nasty one! ). I was called to booth 2 to hand in my forms. The
    > guy asked me for my passport, birth certificate and copy, and my police
    > certificate and copy, then he asked me for 2 pictures. He got me to sign
    > a form and then told me to sit back down and I'd be called for my
    > interview shortly. I sat for about 35 or 45 minutes I guess, watching
    > the other people get their interviews. A young oriental couple ( not
    > sure if Japanese or Chinese ) were at desk 6. The guy asked them if what
    > they told would be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the
    > truth?...they said "Yes" and then they started. I don't think they got
    > their visa, as she didn't make enough money in the U.S. I heard him
    > telling them that for 2 people you need at least $15000, and they would
    > need to get more assets, then they left.
    > They guy at booth 5 was the one who called me. As I got to the desk, he
    > looked at me and said "I have a big problem sending someone to
    > Bensonhurst in Brooklyn ( my heart dropped ) but before he finished
    > speaking, he said "When I'm from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.. lol". That was
    > it, we got on like a house on fire. My interview lasted all of 5
    > minutes, he sat back in his chair and said "Well, what's the most
    > obvious question?.......where did you meet?", I said "On the Internet",
    > and he just put his hands in the air, smiled, then put his head on his
    > desk!! I said "I bet you haven't heard that before huh?", and then I
    > told him it was on a vegan web site. He then asked what AdiaStar does
    > for a living, but answered the question himself....saying "Ah, she works
    > for a TV station, that's good, keep the industry going"...or something
    > like that. Then he asked if we had met each other, and I told him about
    > the times we had, then he started to talk about the New York weather
    > saying "Hmmm November....you haven't had a proper New York winter yet",
    > then I told him it's the heat I don't like, then he said "Yeah, July and
    > August are the worst time of year for the heat", then he said "Well, I
    > have no problem giving you a visa!, could you help us out and come back
    > in a bout 45 minutes as we're low staffed and we have to print them
    > here?" I said sure and that was that....I should mention that I was
    > wearing a Brooklyn Baseball hat and a Brooklyn T-shirt!!! I left there
    > with a huge smile on my face and went out to meet my brother. The guard
    > on the gate to get out was American, he said "So, you're really into
    > Brooklyn huh?", I just said yeah and left.
    > I tried for ages to call AdiaStar, but she was on her way to work and I
    > could tell her.
    > So, at 12:35 I went back in and waited for them to call my name. I
    > waited about 25 minutes and Rosanne called my name, and told me that I
    > had 90 days yadda yadda yadda!!!
    > That was that...it took from 8:02am to just before 1pm to have my
    > medical and get my visa! What a day.
    > Good luck to everyone that has an interview soon...it really is
    > that easy!.
    > Regards
    > Lawrence
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Angelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really nice

Originally posted by Michelle.Moir

I am UK my fiancé is US
1st NOA 21/04/2003
2nd NOA ?????
All my times are in my timeline
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

Great story Lawrence ....... warmest congratulations to both you and Adiastar
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Angelus71
All my times are in my timeline
She can't see your timeline Lawrence .... she is on Usenet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
K1 timeline.

AdiaStar (US) - Angelus (UK)
=======================
04-02-03 : Sent away for Police Certificate
04-21-03 : I-129F mailed to VSC
04-23-03 : Received at VSC
04-24-03 : 1st NOA dated
04-30-03 : 1st NOA in post
05-09-03 : 2nd NOA dated
05-10-03 : Received police certificate
05-15-03 : 2nd NOA in post
05-19-03 : NVC received file from VSC
05-21-03 : NVC approved case and sent to London. WooHoo!
05-30-03 : Received Packet 3 in post.
06-03-03 : Sent packet 3 to London embassy
06-10-03 : Received email from US Embassy. London interview on 07-02-03! WooHoo!
06-11-03 : Received packet 4 in post.
06-26-03 : AdiaStar FINALLY received letter from NVC! After the mailman returned the first NVC letter saying, she didn't live at her current address anymore!
07-02-03 : Interview at US Embassy in London!
07-02-03 : Interview went well, Visa in Passport!
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by 207lonsdale
She can't see your timeline Lawrence .... she is on Usenet.
oops! thanks for telling me Julie. I didn't know that.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Michelle.Moir

I am UK my fiancé is US
1st NOA 21/04/2003
2nd NOA ?????
Sorry, I didn't know you couldn't see my timeline...here are the details

K1 timeline.

AdiaStar (US) - Angelus (UK)
=======================
04-02-03 : Sent away for Police Certificate
04-21-03 : I-129F mailed to VSC
04-23-03 : Received at VSC
04-24-03 : 1st NOA dated
04-30-03 : 1st NOA in post
05-09-03 : 2nd NOA dated
05-10-03 : Received police certificate
05-15-03 : 2nd NOA in post
05-19-03 : NVC received file from VSC
05-21-03 : NVC approved case and sent to London. WooHoo!
05-30-03 : Received Packet 3 in post.
06-03-03 : Sent packet 3 to London embassy
06-10-03 : Received email from US Embassy. London interview on 07-02-03! WooHoo!
06-11-03 : Received packet 4 in post.
06-26-03 : AdiaStar FINALLY received letter from NVC! After the mailman returned the first NVC letter saying, she didn't live at her current address anymore!
07-02-03 : Interview at US Embassy in London!
07-02-03 : Interview went well, Visa in Passport!

Hope that helps you.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

dwaarf2 is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations on your visa , but i must have missed something here ? what the heck is "the holder " in the docs office ? hopefully my time will be soon thanks in advance , VERY informative !
now just got to hope i can find the places you have to be , dont know london at all .....
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dwaarf2
congratulations on your visa , but i must have missed something here ? what the heck is "the holder " in the docs office ? hopefully my time will be soon thanks in advance , VERY informative !
now just got to hope i can find the places you have to be , dont know london at all .....
As you go down the stairs at the doctors you'll find a post at the bottom of the stairs. It's on the left hand side, with 2 clear holders on it. You have to know it's there or you miss it.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the writeup - I always love reading these!

I agree with your interviewer about Bensonhurst vs. Bay Ridge BTW

Congratulations again!
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 12:21 pm
Annie

Once I got to the Embassy ( after we took another wrong turning and
ended up outside of Bond Street tube station in Oxford Street!! D’oh! 2
), I walked through the crowd of people ( about 30 ) and told the guard
that I had an appointment. He asked me for some ID, and told me to go
straight through.

I went to the guy at the reception desk and told him the same, he
asked me if I had a cell phone and I handed it to him. He put it in a
little locker and gave me the key, and told me to go upstairs and
through the door.

I went into the Immigration Visa door, and up to the counter. They have
6 counters in a sort of diagonal line from right to left. Number 1 being
at the right, and 6 at the far left side. I gave a woman my letter, and
she told me to take a seat. I looked around the room and saw most of the
people that were at the doctors with me. 3 people were doing the
interviews....at booth 6 was a young guy who looked like a young Donny
Osmond ( if you don’t know he is, ask you mother!..lol ), another guy at
booth 5, and a woman who looked a bit like Rosanne Barr at booth 4 ( she
was the nasty one! ). I was called to booth 2 to hand in my forms. The
guy asked me for my passport, birth certificate and copy, and my police
certificate and copy, then he asked me for 2 pictures. He got me to sign
a form and then told me to sit back down and I’d be called for my
interview shortly. I sat for about 35 or 45 minutes I guess, watching
the other people get their interviews. A young oriental couple ( not
sure if Japanese or Chinese ) were at desk 6. The guy asked them if what
they told would be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the
truth?...they said “Yes� and then they started. I don’t think they got
their visa, as she didn’t make enough money in the U.S. I heard him
telling them that for 2 people you need at least $15000, and they would
need to get more assets, then they left.

They guy at booth 5 was the one who called me. As I got to the desk, he
looked at me and said “I have a big problem sending someone to
Bensonhurst in Brooklyn ( my heart dropped ) but before he finished
speaking, he said “When I’m from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.. lol�. That was
it, we got on like a house on fire. My interview lasted all of 5
minutes, he sat back in his chair and said “Well, what’s the most
obvious question?.......where did you meet?�, I said “On the Internet�,
and he just put his hands in the air, smiled, then put his head on his
desk!! I said “I bet you haven’t heard that before huh?�, and then I
told him it was on a vegan web site. He then asked what AdiaStar does
for a living, but answered the question himself....saying “Ah, she works
for a TV station, that’s good, keep the industry going�...or something
like that. Then he asked if we had met each other, and I told him about
the times we had, then he started to talk about the New York weather
saying “Hmmm November....you haven’t had a proper New York winter yet�,
then I told him it’s the heat I don’t like, then he said “Yeah, July and
August are the worst time of year for the heat�, then he said “Well, I
have no problem giving you a visa!, could you help us out and come back
in a bout 45 minutes as we’re low staffed and we have to print them
here?� I said sure and that was that....I should mention that I was
wearing a Brooklyn Baseball hat and a Brooklyn T-shirt!!! I left there
with a huge smile on my face and went out to meet my brother. The guard
on the gate to get out was American, he said “So, you’re really into
Brooklyn huh?�, I just said yeah and left.

I tried for ages to call AdiaStar, but she was on her way to work and I
could tell her.

So, at 12:35 I went back in and waited for them to call my name. I
waited about 25 minutes and Rosanne called my name, and told me that I
had 90 days yadda yadda yadda!!!

That was that...it took from 8:02am to just before 1pm to have my
medical and get my visa! What a day.

Good luck to everyone that has an interview soon...it really is
that easy!.

Regards

Lawrence

Annie>>> Congrats! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 12:32 pm
Shani

Congrats!!!!

- shani

"Angelus71" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Part 2...the Embassy interview.....
    > Once I got to the Embassy ( after we took another wrong turning and
    > ended up outside of Bond Street tube station in Oxford Street!! D'oh! 2
    > ), I walked through the crowd of people ( about 30 ) and told the guard
    > that I had an appointment. He asked me for some ID, and told me to go
    > straight through.
    > I went to the guy at the reception desk and told him the same, he
    > asked me if I had a cell phone and I handed it to him. He put it in a
    > little locker and gave me the key, and told me to go upstairs and
    > through the door.
    > I went into the Immigration Visa door, and up to the counter. They have
    > 6 counters in a sort of diagonal line from right to left. Number 1 being
    > at the right, and 6 at the far left side. I gave a woman my letter, and
    > she told me to take a seat. I looked around the room and saw most of the
    > people that were at the doctors with me. 3 people were doing the
    > interviews....at booth 6 was a young guy who looked like a young Donny
    > Osmond ( if you don't know he is, ask you mother!..lol ), another guy at
    > booth 5, and a woman who looked a bit like Rosanne Barr at booth 4 ( she
    > was the nasty one! ). I was called to booth 2 to hand in my forms. The
    > guy asked me for my passport, birth certificate and copy, and my police
    > certificate and copy, then he asked me for 2 pictures. He got me to sign
    > a form and then told me to sit back down and I'd be called for my
    > interview shortly. I sat for about 35 or 45 minutes I guess, watching
    > the other people get their interviews. A young oriental couple ( not
    > sure if Japanese or Chinese ) were at desk 6. The guy asked them if what
    > they told would be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the
    > truth?...they said "Yes" and then they started. I don't think they got
    > their visa, as she didn't make enough money in the U.S. I heard him
    > telling them that for 2 people you need at least $15000, and they would
    > need to get more assets, then they left.
    > They guy at booth 5 was the one who called me. As I got to the desk, he
    > looked at me and said "I have a big problem sending someone to
    > Bensonhurst in Brooklyn ( my heart dropped ) but before he finished
    > speaking, he said "When I'm from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.. lol". That was
    > it, we got on like a house on fire. My interview lasted all of 5
    > minutes, he sat back in his chair and said "Well, what's the most
    > obvious question?.......where did you meet?", I said "On the Internet",
    > and he just put his hands in the air, smiled, then put his head on his
    > desk!! I said "I bet you haven't heard that before huh?", and then I
    > told him it was on a vegan web site. He then asked what AdiaStar does
    > for a living, but answered the question himself....saying "Ah, she works
    > for a TV station, that's good, keep the industry going"...or something
    > like that. Then he asked if we had met each other, and I told him about
    > the times we had, then he started to talk about the New York weather
    > saying "Hmmm November....you haven't had a proper New York winter yet",
    > then I told him it's the heat I don't like, then he said "Yeah, July and
    > August are the worst time of year for the heat", then he said "Well, I
    > have no problem giving you a visa!, could you help us out and come back
    > in a bout 45 minutes as we're low staffed and we have to print them
    > here?" I said sure and that was that....I should mention that I was
    > wearing a Brooklyn Baseball hat and a Brooklyn T-shirt!!! I left there
    > with a huge smile on my face and went out to meet my brother. The guard
    > on the gate to get out was American, he said "So, you're really into
    > Brooklyn huh?", I just said yeah and left.
    > I tried for ages to call AdiaStar, but she was on her way to work and I
    > could tell her.
    > So, at 12:35 I went back in and waited for them to call my name. I
    > waited about 25 minutes and Rosanne called my name, and told me that I
    > had 90 days yadda yadda yadda!!!
    > That was that...it took from 8:02am to just before 1pm to have my
    > medical and get my visa! What a day.
    > Good luck to everyone that has an interview soon...it really is
    > that easy!.
    > Regards
    > Lawrence
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 2:40 pm
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough
Default Congrats!!

I just love reading people's stories from London...I always try and forward them to my fiance whose name happens to be Paul....I'm going to tell him to say "hi" to Paul when he goes in to get his x-ray done and see if the x-ray guy says anything in particular to him like "how'd you know my name?" lol Thank you Lawrence....this is so cool that you found out his name!!!

Carey