My K-1 approved!

Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

ikehasu is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile My K-1 approved!

Wow! Finally, all the long process of K-1 visa has been done!!

I went to London on Monday for the interview and stay one night at a guest house. I couldn’t sleep Monday night as I had been very nervous.
I got up at 6 am yesterday, and it was almost 7am when I was ready. I left the guest house at 7:30am, caught a bus and transferred into the other one. Soon after the bus pulled off, I heard the sound of bang, there was a small car crush between the bus where I was on and a ban. I thought as if it was a bad sign of the interview! It took for 15 minutes until the bus pulled off again. Finally, I arrived at the US Embassy at 8:15am.

There had been already many people in the queue, and I joined them. It was too slow to get into the embassy that made me kept worrying about the interview appointment time. Many people brought their mobile phones or other electrical possessions while they had been told not to do so. I got into the embassy at 9:20am, was given number, 5012, waiting in front of the screen which showed where we had to go for the interviews.

My name was called from counter number 13 at 10am. I met a young American male consular who required to pass all my documents, took the fingerprints, asked me to wait for a while again after paying the visa fees next window. I was called in 40 minutes until my name was called again. I met a middle aged female American consular who looked very kind. She suddenly talked to me in a short Korean that helped me feel relaxed. She said that she had been in Seoul for 2 years and had had lots of good memories. She asked me several questions like how we had known each other, where we had firstly met, if I had met his children, and so on. She was pretty happy with my answers and said that she was very pleased with saying “have a happy life in America” to me!

I paid for the visa delivery, then, got out of the Embassy.

I still don’t feel like the whole process has been done yet, but I will feel it when I get the visa and a flight ticket in my hand. I am flying to America on 3rd of July, next Thursday!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

robnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to allrobnewman is a name known to all
Default Re: My K-1 approved!

awesome!

You must have arrived only a little time after me... I was ticket number 5002!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:05 am
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

Easy as in the end, aint it.

I'm going over with my K1 on the 3rd too - wanna race?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 1:36 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ikehasu
I still don’t feel like the whole process has been done yet, but I will feel it when I get the visa and a flight ticket in my hand. I am flying to America on 3rd of July, next Thursday!
Congratulations!

However, don't BUY the ticket until you have your Visa IN HAND. It's OK to plan to fly on July 3, but don't buy a ticket that you can't exchange, just in case you don't have your visa by then.

Rene
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, big congratualtions, ikehasu!!! All that worry, and all over in one morning!

Happy travels!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Congratulations!

However, don't BUY the ticket until you have your Visa IN HAND. It's OK to plan to fly on July 3, but don't buy a ticket that you can't exchange, just in case you don't have your visa by then.

Rene
Thank you for your advice!
I read someone’s advice not to buy a ticket until I get the visa in my hand. So, I haven’t bought it yet. But, I got tax message an hour ago that said that my visa would be arrived tomorrow. I paid 5 pounds more for delivery the visa because I wanted to get it earlier. This means that I will be able to get it by at least tomorrow noon! Then, I will buy the ticket to flay to America huhu……
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robnewman
awesome!

You must have arrived only a little time after me... I was ticket number 5002!
That's right! You also have had good news then?
Congratulation to you, too!!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations....