Reload this Page >

My immigration time-line

My immigration time-line

Old Nov 9th 2013, 3:52 am
Just Joined

CPrior123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My immigration time-line

Hello everyone!
I had an account here a couple of years ago, but I couldn't access my login info, so here I am with a new account.
I just wanted to share my immigration experience with everyone so let people know THERE IS HOPE!
I'll rack my brain and try and remember all dates as accurately as possible...

August 29, 2009: Entry to USA on VWP
March 3rd, 2010: Marriage to US citizen
May 2011: Adjustment of Status application mailed to attorney and government
June 2011: Biometrics and medical exam
July 2011: Work authorization and SS# granted
September 1st, 2011: Interview in Chicago
September 2nd, 2011: Email of approval for 2 year Conditional Green Card
November 20th, 2011: Separation from US spouse following mental cruelty and abuse
December, 2011: Passport, SS card, birth certificate, immigration documents, college degrees stolen by ex-mother-in-law
January, 2012: Obtained copy of UK birth certificate and new SS card
Feb, 2012: Submitted replacement passport forms to UK office
August 2012: Divorce from US Spouse granted based on irreconcilable differences
October 2012: Received replacement passport
July 9th, 2013: Submitted removal of conditions request through attorney to USCIS
August 2013: Fingerprint appointment
October 2013: Request for additional evidence of bona fide marriage
October 2013: Additional evidence submitted
November 7th, 2013: Production of 10 year Permanent Resident Green Card approved WITHOUT AN INTERVIEW!

So there's my long nightmare of an immigration journey...I'm finally here with nothing limiting me...I'm overjoyed that I can stay in the US!!
Old Nov 9th 2013, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Syracuse,New York via London,Ontario, originally Glasgow, Scotland
Mouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really nice
Default Re: My immigration time-line

wow thats quite the experience...glad to hear it all finally worked out for you .....immigration can be a very long and drawn out process....we finally after 7 yrs got our green cards ....
Old Nov 9th 2013, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CPrior123
December, 2011: Passport, SS card, birth certificate, immigration documents, college degrees stolen by ex-mother-in-law
Did you have any proof of this? It might have been worth your while to have the UK Embassy in the US intervene on your behalf to arrest her for theft of UK government property!

Ian
Old Nov 9th 2013, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Did you have any proof of this? It might have been worth your while to have the UK Embassy in the US intervene on your behalf to arrest her for theft of UK government property!

Ian
She and my ex-husband came over to my house so he could pick up his stuff while I was at work...I had a friend watch them, but I guess he turned his back and that's when it happened. I called the police and he said there was no evidence to say she did it, despite the fact that everything was there before she entered my house and gone when she left

And the reason I know it was her and not my ex-husband was because "whore deported" was written on my bedroom wall in lipstick....again, the cop dismissed this. I honestly just think he didn't want to bother with the paperwork. Thank God I had my Conditional Green Card in my wallet at the time, it was my only form of ID I had to get all my other documents back.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Syracuse,New York via London,Ontario, originally Glasgow, Scotland
Mouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really niceMouser66 is just really nice

wow...thats pretty bad...but at least now you can move on with your life...it will get better.....good luck.....
Old Nov 12th 2013, 10:23 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mouser66
wow...thats pretty bad...but at least now you can move on with your life...it will get better.....good luck.....
Forgive me for asking, but were there any warning signs as to this behaviour before you married him? Seems like a totally awful experience you've been through!
Old Nov 14th 2013, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

KCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant future

Some times there is no sign of such weakness before the marriage, rather later when other people want to reassert their power in the life of your spouse that things can go very very wrong!
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Forgive me for asking, but were there any warning signs as to this behaviour before you married him? Seems like a totally awful experience you've been through!
The abuse/control only started after we were married, I would never have stayed otherwise.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

paul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's one hell of a journey. Glad you made it okay now though.