My i-751 Timeline

Old Sep 23rd 2019, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute
Default My i-751 Timeline

Just got my confirmation text that my documents have been received and case number assigned, which is a load off my mind! Contents were pretty standard, copies of the deed to our house (mortgage is in wife's name as ended up being a far better rate), car loan, utilities bills, bank accounts, tax return, pictures & affidavits.

Timeline:
09/16/19 i-751 posted
09/23/19 confirmation sms received
(10/06/19 Green Card expires)
Old Sep 24th 2019, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My i-751 Timeline

Good luck! We are also about to file, so I will be following your timeline and journey with interest.
Old Sep 25th 2019, 1:34 am
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute

Get ready for a long wait, filed mine back in April and still waiting for my Bio-metrics Apt.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mangaboy84
Get ready for a long wait, filed mine back in April and still waiting for my Bio-metrics Apt.
Filed mine end of July and had first bio appointment 9th Sept. Missed it and they re arranged for earlier this week.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 2:41 am
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chins
Filed mine end of July and had first bio appointment 9th Sept. Missed it and they re arranged for earlier this week.
urgh, hopefully mine wasn't lost in the mail -_-
Old Sep 29th 2019, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Chins is an unknown quantity at this point

urgh, hopefully mine wasn't lost in the mail -_-
I guess it may depend on which office you filed at and more importantly where you would do your biometrics. I filed in Dallas and went to Elizabeth NJ for biometrics. It was quite busy but I would take a guess that I was the only European there.
Old Sep 30th 2019, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

That is highly unusual. I would call to see if the bio appointment letter didn't get lost in the post.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute

So, had a bit of a panic Thursday 14th last week when I was in Chicago for work. The wife went to get the mail and there was a USCIS letter, she opened it and it was dated the 25th October and was for a biometrics appointment on Tuesday 12th. Needless to say I got onto the phone straight away and was told that I had to call back the next day as they were too busy for me to talk to someone who could actually do anything about it. Called in at 8am Eastern, got into the callback queue and nearly 3 hrs later they sorted it out. Phew! New appointment should be after Thanksgiving, and will be watching the mail like a hawk (and will be calling back if we get to Thanksgiving and still have no letter!).
Old Apr 21st 2020, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

So - did my Biometrics back in December, case status was updated to reflect that and since then nothing. Not too worried yet, but who knows how bad things are getting at the USCIS offices :/
Old Apr 21st 2020, 5:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious why you thought you were to hear something within 4 months of doing biometrics and what exactly you were expecting to hear?

Removal of conditions normally can take upwards of 1 to 2 years to be accomplished. In today's climate, I'd assume that would be considered quick.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Rete;12842124]Just curious why you thought you were to hear something within 4 months of doing biometrics and what exactly you were expecting to hear?

Removal of conditions normally can take upwards of 1 to 2 years to be accomplished. In today's climate, I'd assume that would be considered quick.[/QUOTE

Up to 2 years ???? What's put in its place while the wait happens, due to GC expiring ?? And if I biometrics was asked for, would you take it in the state you live in, clueless on this....

Old Apr 22nd 2020, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tkd67
Originally Posted by Rete
Just curious why you thought you were to hear something within 4 months of doing biometrics and what exactly you were expecting to hear?

Removal of conditions normally can take upwards of 1 to 2 years to be accomplished. In today's climate, I'd assume that would be considered quick.

Up to 2 years ???? What's put in its place while the wait happens, due to GC expiring ?? And if I biometrics was asked for, would you take it in the state you live in, clueless on this....
ROC is the least important petition of the USCIS. The holder of the CPR [Conditional Permanent Resident] is and will remain a permanent resident until such time as the USCIS adjudicates the I-751 and have all the rights and privileges that their status conveys. At the time of the filing of the petition, the CPR will receive a paper NOA (I-797) confirming their status for one year. One year was increased for many to read 18 months and that might still be the case. If after the time on the I-797 the I-751 has not been adjudicated, the petitioner can have a new I-551 stamp placed in their passport as proof that their status is continuing. Also, the CPR is free to file for naturalization at the appropriate time even if the I-751 has not been adjudicated by the time of their eligibility.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute

ROC is the least important petition of the USCIS. The holder of the CPR [Conditional Permanent Resident] is and will remain a permanent resident until such time as the USCIS adjudicates the I-751 and have all the rights and privileges that their status conveys. At the time of the filing of the petition, the CPR will receive a paper NOA (I-797) confirming their status for one year. One year was increased for many to read 18 months and that might still be the case. If after the time on the I-797 the I-751 has not been adjudicated, the petitioner can have a new I-551 stamp placed in their passport as proof that their status is continuing. Also, the CPR is free to file for naturalization at the appropriate time even if the I-751 has not been adjudicated by the time of their eligibility.

Thats good to know, am I right in thinking, that the 90 day time frame is when I was processed at the airport on the 1st of April , the 2 year anniversary will be 1st April 2021.

The naturalization process is available on our 3 year anniversary ??? This is the route we will be taking after the 1st of April next year, but to my understanding , it's put on hold due to the wait of the removal of conditions ?
regards.........
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 1:11 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Tkd67
Thats good to know, am I right in thinking, that the 90 day time frame is when I was processed at the airport on the 1st of April , the 2 year anniversary will be 1st April 2021.

The naturalization process is available on our 3 year anniversary ??? This is the route we will be taking after the 1st of April next year, but to my understanding , it's put on hold due to the wait of the removal of conditions ?
regards.........

RE: I-751 ROC: Using a calendar, count back 90 days from the expiration date on your green card. You don't need to worry about the start date, it is the ending date that is important.

RE: Naturalization: Eligibility = married a full three years and have had your PR status for three years. You can file for naturalization 90 days before the third year anniversary of [C}PR status but the marriage must be a full three years old. This is usually not a problem for those that got married in the US and then filed for their permanent resident status as you can't file until you are married. Thus the marriage is always older than the PR status.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

RE: I-751 ROC: Using a calendar, count back 90 days from the expiration date on your green card. You don't need to worry about the start date, it is the ending date that is important.

RE: Naturalization: Eligibility = married a full three years and have had your PR status for three years. You can file for naturalization 90 days before the third year anniversary of [C}PR status but the marriage must be a full three years old. This is usually not a problem for those that got married in the US and then filed for their permanent resident status as you can't file until you are married. Thus the marriage is always older than the PR status.
Thanks.... Entered U.S 1st april 2019. So next year ill count 90 days back, then send in apication on that date (90 days before 1st April)
Married December 26th 2017, so this december been married 3 yrs, so is it the 3 years of marriage or the 3 yrs in America to be able to start naturalization, co fused with PR status to CPR status.. As CPR will be 2 yrs this april... Regards.
​​​​​​

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.