Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

My husband received his interview date quick!

Wikiposts

My husband received his interview date quick!

Old Sep 24th 2004, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

marzzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking My husband received his interview date quick!

We didn't expect to hear from the consulate so soon! Wow! Just a couple weeks after my husband submitted his paperwork he got a letter with a date, Sept.30...yippeeeeee! Hooray! This process IS working and we're finally going to be together indefinately! All who are waiting for approval, hang in there...it WILL happen! We waited a whole year because with our case, we had 1 delay with the right photo "ADIT". But it was just as well, because we are prepared with a place to live and a better start. Thanks to this website and all here for sharing your experiences! You really helped us to hang in there! Marzzz
Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My husband received his interview date quick!

Originally Posted by marzzz
We didn't expect to hear from the consulate so soon! Wow! Just a couple weeks after my husband submitted his paperwork he got a letter with a date, Sept.30...yippeeeeee! Hooray! This process IS working and we're finally going to be together indefinately! All who are waiting for approval, hang in there...it WILL happen! We waited a whole year because with our case, we had 1 delay with the right photo "ADIT". But it was just as well, because we are prepared with a place to live and a better start. Thanks to this website and all here for sharing your experiences! You really helped us to hang in there! Marzzz
Congratulations! Is this the I-129f interview? I saw that your I-130 is approved, too...
Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Buendia
Congratulations! Is this the I-129f interview? I saw that your I-130 is approved, too...
It's the I-130 interview because I understand that since the I-129f has been approved as well, we just continue on for the interview, which will give my husband AOS abroad. That turns out to be less complicated.
Good luck and congrats to your quick reply too!
Marzzz
Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by marzzz
It's the I-130 interview because I understand that since the I-129f has been approved as well, we just continue on for the interview, which will give my husband AOS abroad. That turns out to be less complicated.
Good luck and congrats to your quick reply too!
Marzzz
Yes, less complicated, and even better you won't have to deal with EAD/AOS and all of that when he arrives in the US! Great news!
Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Buendia
Yes, less complicated, and even better you won't have to deal with EAD/AOS and all of that when he arrives in the US! Great news!
Yes, I didn't realise that meant he was approved for his Green Card (EAD)...duh, until the service center informed me. What a relief!
Cheers!