Reload this Page >

My Husband is an orphan

Wikiposts

My Husband is an orphan

Old Aug 27th 2003, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

eleatlac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Husband is an orphan

I am so afraid after reading all of these nightmare stories. My dear husband has been to the USA many times on a C1D visa. He was turned down for a tourist visa 2 times earlier this year and then we realised that we indeed cared more for each other than we thought. He proposed, I went to India and we got married (a special circumstance wedding at the courthouse) We talk for 2 hours everyday and I will be returning again in October. NVC has not yet approved the petition but should soon(I pray) My husband was orphaned very young and has never been able to find his father. The orphanage friends helped him make a birthday for himself and he changed his name to get a better job. We have affidavits from the orphanage to help confirm all of this, and his impeccable work record from a british company. I have a lawyer here but he usually deals with British issues, and he seems to think this will all not be a problem. THEN I READ HOW THE MUMBAI EMBASSY TREATS PEOPLE. wow any advice from anyone? F Polasky sent a letter saying my husband can go apply for a new C1D visa in person, but I think because he is married to me it would be worthless for him to even try that. So, he sits... not working and sad.. I sit working and sad.. I wonder if I should pack up and move there. By the sound of so many of you, it looks like that will be my choice.
Patricia
Old Aug 27th 2003, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

makkabokka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Assuming you are going to deal with mumbai in future

hello Patrica

To be honest every individual goes through different experience and yes, MUMBAI is tough, but at the same time it has been good to some people.All i can advice is to have patience and hang in there, determined to make this work out and things will come to u in the end .
Patience is the word here and i think the embassy tests that a lot.
best of luck and dont hesistate to open your heart , you will make many friends here. Since your husband is suppose to move to usa his life will be put on to hold but i think he should keep himself busy , like do some part time job (since u talk 2 hours i guess its at your night time so he cant go to office in india at regular time ) or just do some extra curicular activites just anything. You guys still have a very long way to go like for 6 to 7 months so its best if u both stop being sad and be happy that u will be together one day and keep yourself busy.
hope i didnt offend u in anyway.
bye for now

Last edited by makkabokka; Aug 27th 2003 at 6:29 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Ayisha is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you DCF when you go in November?

Ayisha
Old Aug 28th 2003, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

eleatlac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF?

I was told that you cannot DCF in Mumbai. My msc# shows on the internet that it has been approved. I shall see if they can wire transfer to Mumbai and then I will have John go to the embassy to get the packet 3. He will have the forms already filled out, so he can hand it right back to them. The I go there in early October. I hope he gets his interview while I am there. I dont even know if I can go to the interview. I have not read anyone doing so in Mumbai. Highly doubtful that it will happen that quickly, but one can only hope..
Patricia
Old Aug 28th 2003, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

makkabokka is an unknown quantity at this point

hello Patrica
You are right , DCF is not done in mumbai but only in New Delhi, but the interview is in Mumbai.But since u are already married and have applied for k3 visa i didnt mention that . DCF does save 3 to 4 months of your time but as u said your petition is already approved so the time which is saved by doing DCF is already gone.
so no point in talking about DCF at this stage( i think so ).
I dont know if u can go directly to the embassy and get the package 3 , i think they send it to u by post and its package 4 u can go and get from the embassy as soon as u have the interview date . ( there are people who have got package 3 directly from embassy but they were in contact with embassy and they were told that they recived the file from the nvc.) Taking filled out forms to the embassy will be helpful.Not that u will get to know the interview date early for they usually give(post) interview dates in the middle of the next month but only becasue it will save time and perhaps another trip to mumbai.
About u going for the interview , i doubt if u will be allowed inside with ur hubby at the time of interview but again different people go through different experience , according to one indian friend who strongly recommend USC to be present at the time of their spouses interview , he says the presence of USC helps a lot so i would suggest why not plan going to india only after the interview dats is confirmed ??

Last edited by makkabokka; Aug 28th 2003 at 7:12 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF?

Originally posted by eleatlac
I was told that you cannot DCF in Mumbai. My msc# shows on the internet that it has been approved. I shall see if they can wire transfer to Mumbai and then I will have John go to the embassy to get the packet 3. He will have the forms already filled out, so he can hand it right back to them. The I go there in early October. I hope he gets his interview while I am there. I dont even know if I can go to the interview. I have not read anyone doing so in Mumbai. Highly doubtful that it will happen that quickly, but one can only hope..
Patricia
Hi Patricia,
Mumbai has the reputation of being rude. But that does not mean it will happen to you.
Here is what i suggest:
1. Are you in contact with your Congressional or Senatorial liason? If you are, you might think about having them e-mail Mumbai. My fiance had a Congressional letter with him and he honestly believes this is what saved us from the administrative review blow. Others may have different ideas on Congressional intervention, but he assures me it was helpful and he is the one with the "first hand" experience there.

You could approach your Congressional liason and ask if they would write a letter asking if you could be permitted in the Embassy during her interview. Mumbai's policy on this currently is, that you get to wait outside. You could suggest that given the current state of world affairs you would appreciate being allowed in.

You most likely will not be allowed in BUT, this gives the Embassy knowledge that you are/or plan to be there. Have your representaive send you a copy of the letter.

You can findyour representative here:
http://www.webslingerz.com/jhoffman/congress-email.html
Send a nice "biography" of yourselves, short and informative. More on the line of what you do and your "worth" to your community than mushy sentiments. Then ask for then to contact Mumbai with the request to be allowed into the Embassy during th interview.

Also remember you can "register" your presence in India at the
counsulate...http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhamct.html

2. Between now and interview...prepare! During our interview date we prepared, prepared, prepared.

We took each piece of evidence we submitted and questioned each other on it. We did "exercises". We would chose a topic , even far ranging ones. Each of us did an essay on the topic without the help of the other and then we submitted the essay to each other. i know it sounds "rehearsed", but it spared him forgetting or stumbling over details that happened over a year ago, and may not be fresh in his mind. i suggest you try something like this. It may placate his boredom while not working and will be fun recalling your times together. You may even learn new things.
Here are some suggestions:

Topic 1- Your family Who, what, where, names marital status,

Topic 2 - Dates of and other info regarding the time you met, the
day you said "love" first (this has been asked many times), the date you proposed.

Topic 2- Look at each picture you sent in your application and go over the details. You do have pics of the wedding i hope. Go over the details of each noting who and why they are in them

Topic 3- Go over your e-mails, letters, and put to mind the things you talked about in them.

Topic 4- Your plans for the future, where you will live in US, what you plan to do.

He was a crew member? You should have some letters from his employer of his work history, they may ask for this.

Best wishes,
Old Sep 1st 2003, 3:10 am
ProfsnlOCMan

Default Re: My Husband is an orphan

That is EXACTLY what I did too

I am a USC, asked my Congressman's office to get permission for me to
enter the consulate which was of course denied.

But it made the consulate realize right up front that I was serious,
and that my fiancee was serious about the relationship and the
Congressman was already looking out for our case.

She was out of the consulate within 15 minutes with her K1 approval
and the visa was stamped the next day.

tara <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by eleatlac
    >
    > > I was told that you cannot DCF in Mumbai. My msc# shows on the
    > > internet that it has been approved. I shall see if they can wire
    > > transfer to Mumbai and then I will have John go to the embassy to get
    > > the packet 3. He will have the forms already filled out, so he can
    > > hand it right back to them. The I go there in early October. I hope he
    > > gets his interview while I am there. I dont even know if I can go to
    > > the interview. I have not read anyone doing so in Mumbai. Highly
    > > doubtful that it will happen that quickly, but one can only hope..
    >
    > > Patricia
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi Patricia,
    >
    > Mumbai has the reputation of being rude. But that does not mean it will
    > happen to you.
    >
    > Here is what i suggest:
    >
    > 1. Are you in contact with your Congressional or Senatorial liason? If
    > you are, you might think about having them e-mail Mumbai. My fiance
    > had a Congressional letter with him and he honestly believes this is
    > what saved us from the administrative review blow. Others may have
    > different ideas on Congressional intervention, but he assures me it
    > was helpful and he is the one with the "first hand" experience there.
    >
    >
    >
    > You could approach your Congressional liason and ask if they would write
    > a letter asking if you could be permitted in the Embassy during her
    > interview. Mumbai's policy on this currently is, that you get to wait
    > outside. You could suggest that given the current state of world affairs
    > you would appreciate being allowed in.
    >
    >
    >
    > You most likely will not be allowed in BUT, this gives the Embassy
    > knowledge that you are/or plan to be there. Have your representaive
    > send you a copy of the letter.
    >
    >
    >
    > You can findyour representative here:
    >
    > http://www.webslingerz.com/jhoffman/congress-email.html
    >
    > Send a nice "biography" of yourselves, short and informative. More on
    > the line of what you do and your "worth" to your community than mushy
    > sentiments. Then ask for then to contact Mumbai with the request to be
    > allowed into the Embassy during th interview.
    >
    >
    >
    > Also remember you can "register" your presence in India at the
    >
    > counsulate...http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhamct.html
    >
    >
    >
    > 2. Between now and interview...prepare! During our interview date we
    > prepared, prepared, prepared.
    >
    >
    >
    > We took each piece of evidence we submitted and questioned each other on
    > it. We did "exercises". We would chose a topic , even far ranging
    > ones. Each of us did an essay on the topic without the help of the other
    > and then we submitted the essay to each other. i know it sounds
    > "rehearsed", but it spared him forgetting or stumbling over details that
    > happened over a year ago, and may not be fresh in his mind. i suggest
    > you try something like this. It may placate his boredom while not
    > working and will be fun recalling your times together. You may even
    > learn new things.
    >
    > Here are some suggestions:
    >
    >
    >
    > Topic 1- Your family Who, what, where, names marital status,
    >
    >
    >
    > Topic 2 - Dates of and other info regarding the time you met, the
    >
    > day you said "love" first (this has been asked many times), the date
    > you proposed.
    >
    >
    >
    > Topic 2- Look at each picture you sent in your application and go over
    > the details. You do have pics of the wedding i hope. Go over the
    > details of each noting who and why they are in them
    >
    >
    >
    > Topic 3- Go over your e-mails, letters, and put to mind the things you
    > talked about in them.
    >
    >
    >
    > Topic 4- Your plans for the future, where you will live in US, what you
    > plan to do.
    >
    >
    >
    > He was a crew member? You should have some letters from his employer of
    > his work history, they may ask for this.
    >
    >
    >
    > Best wishes,